7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone! My interview for K1 is due on 23rd jan but i am trying to figure out everything for my next step i-e AOA as i don't want to waste my time. I did my medical and vaccinations at Knightbridge Clinic London. They gave me Tdap, IPV, MMR and influenza shots. They also told me that the only vaccination i will need for AOA, will be MMR 2nd shot. In my DS-3025 form, every other vaccinations is checked as a "Not Age Appropriate" except for Varicella which is " VH" as i told them i had chickenpox.

After 4 weeks i called knight bridge clinic for MMR 2nd shot but they told me that they can give me a proof for vaccination but can't amend DS-3025. So in that case what should i do? shall i do MMR from CS once i am there FL, coral Spring or I can just submit DS-3025 along with MMR 2nd shot proof? Please Help!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi Everyone! My interview for K1 is due on 23rd jan but i am trying to figure out everything for my next step i-e AOA as i don't want to waste my time. I did my medical and vaccinations at Knightbridge Clinic London. They gave me Tdap, IPV, MMR and influenza shots. They also told me that the only vaccination i will need for AOA, will be MMR 2nd shot. In my DS-3025 form, every other vaccinations is checked as a "Not Age Appropriate" except for Varicella which is " VH" as i told them i had chickenpox.

After 4 weeks i called knight bridge clinic for MMR 2nd shot but they told me that they can give me a proof for vaccination but can't amend DS-3025. So in that case what should i do? shall i do MMR from CS once i am there FL, coral Spring or I can just submit DS-3025 along with MMR 2nd shot proof? Please Help!!

If you read these posts it will answer your question as I have just had a similair questions. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/345017-vaccinations-post-medical/page__p__5080745__fromsearch__1#entry5080745

I-129F Sent 16/05/11

I-129F NOA1 18/05/11

I-129F NOA2 23/09/11

NVC RECEIVED 12/10/11

NVC LEFT 13/10/11

CONSULATE RECEIVED 18/10/11

PACKET 3 RECEIVED 21/10/11

PACKET 3 SENT 21/10/11

MEDICAL 26/10/11

INTERVIEW 12/12/11 APPROVED!!!!

VISA RECEIVED 23/12/11

US ENTRY 31/01/12 POE PHL

MARRIAGE 11/02/12

I-485 SENT 13/03/12

I-765 SENT 13/03/12

I-131 SENT 13/03/12

BOIMETRICS APPT. 06/04/12

If they gave you a MMR shot and it is recorded on your DS-3025 then you do not have to get the second one. You get a waiver from USCIS because it wasn't medically appropriate to give you the second shot the same day. I mentioned in the other thread that the newish shot nurse at Knightsbridge needs to study the "Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians" and the entire US immigration because she's giving out misleading information.

Here. study all these links and you'll see where I'm getting this info. http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html

In the link called Procedure for Completing the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet you'll find the discussion of the waivers. And further down find

◦Vaccination history incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s).

Completion of a vaccine series is not required to conclude the medical examination, because such a requirement would require multiple visits to a panel physician and could lead to unnecessary delay in the immigration process.
If any of the boxes under the "Not Medically Appropriate" heading was checked, the "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above)" box must also be checked. This box will probably always be checked because some vaccines may not be age appropriate for the applicant.

For K1s adjusting status. They (USCIS adjudicator for AOS)will go by your visa medical date if you get the shots recorded on the DS-3025...at least one in a series.

Here's a Q&A from USCIS along the same lines about completing a series. From this page http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f61476543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Q. Certain vaccine series can only be completed with multiple visits to the civil surgeon. Am I required to complete the entire series before the civil surgeon can sign the Form I-693?

A. You are only required to receive a single dose of each vaccine when you visit the civil surgeon. You are encouraged to follow up with your private health care provider to complete the series. Once you have received the single dose appropriate at the time, the civil surgeon can sign and certify the Form I-693.

And from the Dept of State http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4657.html (way down the page)

Although applicants
are not required to complete the vaccine series
, they are encouraged to receive as many additional doses as possible prior to travel to the United States. The vaccinations required by the CDC include: 1) vaccinations against vaccine-preventable diseases explicitly listed in INA 212(a)(1)(A)(ii), and 2) vaccinations recommended by the ACIP for U.S. immigration purposes.

So I'm saying you do not need the extra shot or have to prove it to AOS if your original DS-3025 is complete. Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

MMR

Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP
(One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

Varicella or VH
written by it if you had chickenpox

Influenza
**see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

Everything else marked not age appropriate or insufficient time interval or contraindicated

RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked.

Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed like (1-4) that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Just one more thing. Can i show that DS-3025 in an interview for AOS as they do ask to bring i-693 if its not submitted with AOS application.

Just one more thing. Can i show that DS-3025 in an interview for AOS as they do ask to bring i-693 if its not submitted with AOS application.

Yes, that interview letter is very generic. People often worry that it says the above so it must mean USCIS wasn't happy with their submission. It's to the masses, most of which are not K1s and didn't do a medical overseas. I've known people to interview without an I-693 and were approved without immunizations being mentioned. Your original would be in the medical file for the examiner to review. Of course like everything else, your interviewer can make you get anything he asks for despite the hundreds who have been approved without an I-693. I'd probably take with me the instructions for the I-693 and point out (on p. 4 I think) where it says--If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. Point out you have a properly completed DS-3025 in your file.

There was a recent UK person who interviewed in AZ who said Knightsbridge didn't tick the columns on the right for things that were not age appropriate or insufficient time, so her interviewer made her go get an I-693 because her form was not "properly completed".

And you may not even have to interview if your case gets transferred to CSC instead of your local office. My husband hasn't interviewed since the London K1 and he's done both AOS and Removing Conditions. His first USCIS interview will be for citizenship in a few months.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.