princessmiaa

Haiti expediting

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

I know there was a post on expediting petitions from Haiti and recently another Haiti flyer and myself read on USCIS that this is still in effect. What I wanted to know was anyone petition expedited any faster for them or the same 5+ months to receive NOA2 and Interview that everyone else has?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

This is something i have been struggling about, it is cleart on the USCIS website that Haiti beneficiary have their case expedited. Hwoever when my wife and i called to ensure we obtain it, there were acting like they are not aware of this decision on the website and they asked us to provide supporting documents related to our expedite request. So we made a request under pregnancy as my wife currently having some complications during her pregnancy. We faxed some documents and a note that her doctor gave her. 2 days after, officer Mina, responsible for expedite called my wife and saying that he wants to approve our request but to ask our doctor to send a normal letter not just a note. So my wife contacted the hospital and asked them to fax her medical information to immigration last thursday. So we are waiting for today and tomorrow to see what the officer will say this time and if our request is approved.

I would suggest that u made a request and do not expect your case to be automatically expedited at USCIS website pretends it.

Married---07/30/2011

USCIS Stage

11/07/2011-----I-130 Sent

11/10/2011---- NOA1 email received

11/14/2011---- Touched

1/4/2012 ------ RFE ( Request for Evidence ) email received

1/13/2012------ RFE document mailed to USCIS

1/25/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED ( Yahoooooooo )

NVC Stage

1/31/2012-------Case received at NVC

2/08/2012------- Case number received, IIN, both petitionner and benificiary email given

2/08/2012------- DS 3032 ( choice of agent ) emailed to NVC

2/10/2012------- AOS fee bill paid ( status: in progress)

2/13/2012--------DS 3032 accepted

2/14/2012-------- AOS fee bill shows " PAID" and IV fee bill invoiced

2/16/2012-------- IV fee bill shows " PAID"

2/17/2012-------- IV package sent via USPS

2/24/2012-------- IV package reviewed and accepted

3/27/2012-------- AOS checklist express mailed via USPS

3/28/2012-------- AOS Checklist received by NVC

3/30/2012-------- Case Complete ( Thank you Lord )

Medical / Consulate / POE

5/11/2012-------- Medical Exam

6/12/2012-------- Interview date / APPROVED

6/21/2012 -------- POE Newark, NJ

Filed: Timeline

I called this morning and they are no longer offering to expedite petitions because of the natural disaster (earthquake) :( I called this morning. She gave me a list of reason to expedite but none applied to me. :huh: I told the customer service rep about what I read on the website. But I guess since it's been two years now they no longer offer expediting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

i filed the I-129f in October (i am in my 3rd month of waiting) and i am still waiting, so i am assuming there are no more expedites for haiti...even though the website still says they are expediting.

i know many members say that USCIS doesn't update their website very often, so i am assuming that is what is happening here.

if anyone hears differently, though, i would LOVE to know, so that i can call and request an expedite as well!!!!

Timeline

i filed the I-129f in October (i am in my 3rd month of waiting) and i am still waiting, so i am assuming there are no more expedites for haiti...even though the website still says they are expediting.

i know many members say that USCIS doesn't update their website very often, so i am assuming that is what is happening here.

if anyone hears differently, though, i would LOVE to know, so that i can call and request an expedite as well!!!!

Thanks and after reading post here, I guess they just failed to update.That update was from March last year so,I guess they think it's all better in Haiti now(NOT!).

Timeline
called this morning and they are no longer offering to expedite petitions because of the natural disaster (earthquake) :( I called this morning. She gave me a list of reason to expedite but none applied to me. :huh: I told the customer service rep about what I read on the website. But I guess since it's been two years now they no longer offer expediting.

That was depressing to hear and I was so hopeful that they were still getting help. Anyway, that's what happens when they think nobody is looking..but we are and that's unprofessional to not update such an important issue. Our loved ones are still having hard times over there. Anyway wait we shall and pray we will! Thanks for checking it out.

Timeline

This is something i have been struggling about, it is cleart on the USCIS website that Haiti beneficiary have their case expedited. Hwoever when my wife and i called to ensure we obtain it, there were acting like they are not aware of this decision on the website and they asked us to provide supporting documents related to our expedite request. So we made a request under pregnancy as my wife currently having some complications during her pregnancy. We faxed some documents and a note that her doctor gave her. 2 days after, officer Mina, responsible for expedite called my wife and saying that he wants to approve our request but to ask our doctor to send a normal letter not just a note. So my wife contacted the hospital and asked them to fax her medical information to immigration last thursday. So we are waiting for today and tomorrow to see what the officer will say this time and if our request is approved.

I would suggest that u made a request and do not expect your case to be automatically expedited at USCIS website pretends it.

I would like to know what that list of reasons to expedite are? and good luck to you. I hope you are able to be by her side before the baby comes,that would be so wonderful and thank you for responding.

Filed: Timeline

I would like to know what that list of reasons to expedite are? and good luck to you. I hope you are able to be by her side before the baby comes,that would be so wonderful and thank you for responding.

Good luck....see below

Severe financial loss to company or individual

Extreme emergent situation

Humanitarian situation

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

USCIS errorAll expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

Edited by Barbie_Vazquez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.