Engo

AP question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salam guys

now i have been on AP since first of aug

and i have been told in the interview to just wait 1 month to get the visa and the have my passport

but i keep checking the embassy website at Cairo and still the same answer tham am under processing

and my case # start with CRO xxxx xxx xxx and i read other ppl their cases just # without CRO so i dont know if this mean something or not?

anyway i hope to find out any INFO from you guys and hopefully to tell me if i want to email the embassy

what i should be asking for exactly to be short email ?

thanks in advance

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Our Marriage: (2008)

Date I-130 Sent : ( 2009-10-14)

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

The Money order money cashed at last on October 26, 2009 ... Waiting the NOA1

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : (2009-11-2) Dated in 23 Oct

Touched 27 Oct 2009 and 11,12 Feb 2010

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : (2010-02-12) 4 Months From sending date !!

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

02-19-2010 : NVC case number assigned

04-07-2010 : Sent DS-3032 by E-mail

04-10-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

04-14-2010 : Paid (AOS) Online

04-16-2010 : (AOS) shown as PAID

09-10-2010 : IV bill shows as PAID

08-03-2010: (AOS) packet completed and returned

08-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed (AOS)

09-20-2010 : DS-203 Completed and returned

09-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed DS-230

09-24-2010 : (AOS) accepted Per operator

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

10-15-2010 : DS-230 Completed with Checklist Also :S

01-11/14-2011 : Mailed /Delivered wt missing in both packets

02-01-2011 : SIF!!

02-03-2011 : Case Complete!

3rd Aug2011: Interview Date (AP Alhumdolillah ,,)

12 OCT2011 : Visa In Hand AP is over after 2 months from interview date

NOV2011 : POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CRO doesn't mean there is anything wrong at all. My fiancee at the time (my wife now) had CRO in her case number too. She was approved at the interview and got the visa in like 9 days. However, AP, or AR can last for such a short or a long time. Every case is different. I wish you the best on luck, and it be short for you. I have been through this process before, and I definitely know how it feels.

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

There can be so many reasons why they put someone through AP. I can tell you few stuff though. I do believe that AP is more likely to happen to male applicants to female ones. Sometimes, it can be a name hit, because they try all variations of your name. However, there may be some other reasons, too.

Did you ever apply for a visa before in the past?

Is there a big age difference?

Did you ever travel abroad?

and other reasons, too

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Timeline

thank you Hatem

as i said before am in AP for more than 1 month and the Co mentioned i would get the visa after 1 month

anyway

is there a specific form to email the embassy and ask them about the AP and how long it take ?

or i just send them regular email with case #

i hope anyone have experience with to let me know

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

CRO just stands for Cairo Embassy. You just send them regular email. They should not have told you 1 month because AP is different for everyone. Ours was little over 3 weeks. I have seen others over a year. Hopefully yours will be over soon.

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

hi engo , i know how u fell but en sha allah u will get your passport soon ,well let me tell u what my husband found regarding CRo ....., all our cases in egypt started with CRO okay ,i used to check my case number in the embassy with CRO xxxxxxxxxx. and t show that my case couldnt be found ,something like this okay ,but we remmove CRO and just add the number and guess what ? it gave us abrife message about my case , by the way im not in AP ,just consular at the interview asked for more documents and we sent it to her next day ,my case was review by consular , so u may right by adding CRO before your case casue u know that u in AP ,engo account days without their days off and their us vactions okay , wish to hear good news about u soon

Timeline

betsy and monalisa thanks much

and i hope to get yr visa soon monalisa and hope you have great life with yr husband besty

still nobody told me whats the form i should send to gurantee useful answer from them not just you still under processing

and and other INFO would be helpful

thanks

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

betsy and monalisa thanks much

and i hope to get yr visa soon monalisa and hope you have great life with yr husband besty

still nobody told me whats the form i should send to gurantee useful answer from them not just you still under processing

and and other INFO would be helpful

thanks

Ok let me start by saying the difference between administrative review and administrative process :-

Administrative Review:

Is when your case is being looked at more closely for accuracy and to make sure all security name and fingerprint checks have cleared and your visa can be adjudicated.

Administrative Processing:

Means once you have interviewed it is in security checks for any of these situations: you have had a name hit in one of the many data bases, background checks for fraud, or has missing and incomplete information that must be submitted and the rechecked. Processing is more in depth and than the review process and there is no time limit for this processing to complete. Administrative processing can last a few days or months and in some cases it has endured for years.

And here are some info might help you to understand that process :-

• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen And that list of T-countries can change at any time.

• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.

Anyone that happens to be given a 221(g) or Administrative Processing letter must be patient and let them do their work. Do not call constantly and ask about your case. Remember each time your case is moved it can then end up at the bottom of the stack and your time can be extended. Each case is different so you cannot judge your case by any other and each consulate/embassy may have a different average time for completion of AP.

And here what i used to send to them to check on my case status :-

Type your case number on the subject line ''CROxxxxxxxxxxx''

And then your Email by saying my case number is CROxxxxxxxxxxx

Petitioner's name ................

beneficiary' name ..................

I want to check on my case status is there any updates ?

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Ok let me start by saying the difference between administrative review and administrative process :-

Administrative Review:

Is when your case is being looked at more closely for accuracy and to make sure all security name and fingerprint checks have cleared and your visa can be adjudicated.

Administrative Processing:

Means once you have interviewed it is in security checks for any of these situations: you have had a name hit in one of the many data bases, background checks for fraud, or has missing and incomplete information that must be submitted and the rechecked. Processing is more in depth and than the review process and there is no time limit for this processing to complete. Administrative processing can last a few days or months and in some cases it has endured for years.

And here are some info might help you to understand that process :-

• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen And that list of T-countries can change at any time.

• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.

Anyone that happens to be given a 221(g) or Administrative Processing letter must be patient and let them do their work. Do not call constantly and ask about your case. Remember each time your case is moved it can then end up at the bottom of the stack and your time can be extended. Each case is different so you cannot judge your case by any other and each consulate/embassy may have a different average time for completion of AP.

And here what i used to send to them to check on my case status :-

Type your case number on the subject line ''CROxxxxxxxxxxx''

And then your Email by saying my case number is CROxxxxxxxxxxx

Petitioner's name ................

beneficiary' name ..................

I want to check on my case status is there any updates ?

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

Salam

thx bro for yr post

and i saw what you have been through among yr AP period

and i hope you having great life now

take care

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.