Jessa and Jay

Do we need to wait for Manila #

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just got our NOA2!!!!!!! I am thinking about starting to call the NVC on Wednesday to see if i can get my Manila case# and when it left the NVC. I know it could take from 3 to 30 days for them to get a number. i was also wondering when I get the Manila# is it OK to have my fiance get her physical done and CFO seminar done or should i wait till we have a interview date. Thanks for all the Help.

Jay

Wait on the CFO but by all means try and get your Fiancee's physical done asap.......sputum test if they find ANY abnormality on the xray......two month delay while waiting on results of the culture. I'm pretty sure they do xray on K-1's also. Best of luck!

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Timeline

Is there a reason to wait on the CFO? it would be nice to have it all done before the interview, I know we will have to go back for the stamp, just trying to get all the hoops jumped through before the interview, as well as doing multiple things on her trips to manila.

Timeline

wait for the MNL # and after that pay the visa fee, schedule the interview and get the medical done before the interview. It would be good to have the visa and then CFO.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will just tell you what I did. I waited four days after my NOA2 email and called and got my MNL#. After that I paid the Visa fee and then had her do the medical (glad I did...Sputum test). Once we knew we had to wait the two months it gave us time to get everything else together. Knocking out the medical right away just makes it much easier the rest of the way..IMHO.

Timeline

Thanks for all the input. I have been getting some different stories on if I need a interview date scheduled before she can due her physical. I agree I want to due the Physical as soon as possible, did not want to wait the week or so for them to get the case in and us to schedule the date, which of course we will do as soon as possible, also if she could do the CFO on that same trip would save us time after the interview by not wasting a day after the interview doing the CFO. again thanks for all the great info.

Jay

i was also wondering when I get the Manila# is it OK to have my fiance get her physical done

Yes. + a scanned copy of the NOA2 and she'll be OK.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

My wife just had her medical done in Manila this week. She does not have a scheduled interview at the Embassy yet, only had her MNL number, scanned copy of the NOA2 and the online St. Luke's appointment letter. No problem at all they just said the medical is good for three months and make sure that your interview is in that time frame.

Dave and Grace

Five EZ steps for K-1 NOA2erz:

1. Call the NVC every day until you get your MNL case number.

2. As soon as you get your MNL case number, complete the medical and the CFO seminar.

3. A week or two after you get your MNL case number, start trying to schedule an interview. Try every day.

4. After your visa is approved and you receive your passport, go to the CFO main office and get your CFO sticker.

5. Buy a plane ticket.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on your approval. You are soon to be done.

Well you are in the vermont service center. You should have your case number in 5 to 10 business days at the latest. (expect about 7 business days - 10 calendar days)

I would get the CFO done now. (it gets her ready for the embassy interview.) You can get the CFO sticker at the airport. (or go to CFO if you live in or around manila.)

She can do the medical with a copy of the NOA2. However, it is better to have an appointment letter for the medical. They can correspond your medical to your case number at the embassy. What Tahoma posted is good as well.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.