Tiger0422

NOID recieved for forgetting to check a box on application

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello All-

After 90 days of waiting after we received our NOA 1 I decided to contact the USCIS for an update. Tier 1 customer support simply told me to wait 5 months and call back. After researching through VJ I found an e-mail directly to the CSC. I sent them a note asking if someone their could please check on my case status. I received a return e-mail the next day saying that I was not supposed to contact them direct without first getting a referral through the NCSC 800# however as a courtesy he checked on my status and informed me that they sent a Intent to Deny letter 14 day ago in the mail. I was surprised and shocked to hear this, as this news is the last thing you want to hear when your going though this process. I checked my case status online and it was still in initial review and hasn't been touched since my first NOA 1. I called the customer service center and spoke with a level 2 operator who expedited a request to the CSC to re-send my NOID letter. Keep in mind that they give you only 30 days to respond to a NOID otherwise your application is denied. I finally received the letter a few days ago. Fearing the worst I opened it and found out that I forgot to check the box on the i-129F application saying that I have no criminal history. The NOID letter was similar to that section in the application and wanted me to check that I have no criminal history, sign the bottom and mail it back. I have to admit I went from total relief that it wasn't anything bad to feeling like a knucklehead because I checked the paperwork multiple times before I sent it out and I forgot to check ONE box =O. Looking back i realize that if I haven't of found a way to contact the CSC directly about my case status I would of assumed that my case is still pending. Because my online case update still said "initial review" and hasn't been touched in months I would have no reason to believe anything is wrong. I did not receive the first NOID letter they said they mailed to me and if I haven't of e-mailed and had a nice guy from the CSC let me know what is going on, my application would of been denied because I wouldn't of responded in time.

Ironically I received a case update today saying they received my evidence and are processing it. Any Idea low long this particular scenario might take to get the NOA2? I have no criminal history & everything will check out fine.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Good progress and Good luck with the rest of it

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Only that when you receive an RFE and you return the requested info it often only takes a few weeks to receive approval if all is okay. Good luck.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you. Hope this only takes a few weeks and not longer.

Seems like someone actually looked at it and is working on it... which is great news. Good job figuring out what was going on. Assertiveness saved your application by the sound of it. Given all your dates, don't be surprised if you got your NOA2 text message anytime in the next 10 days. It will happen. :)

Best of luck to you.

IR-1/CR-1 Spouse CA Svc Ctr 2011 (82 days) Apr07: NOA1. Jun27: NOA2 text.
Delivery from USCIS to NVC (24 days) Jul21: CSC mailed it to NVC

NVC (43 days)
Jul25: "in the NVC bldg"---->Jul26: NVC Case#,IIN# (1 day in-house, 29 days since NOA2)

AOS i-864.....Jul28: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug01: "paid"/mailed (4 days). Aug3: AOS in the bldg
Aug 11: phone rep "AOS RFE: 23/24a: no blanks" (pdf won't print n/a"). Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 12)
Aug 22: AOS approved

IV ds-230:
Jul26: send DS-3032 ----> Jul29: DS-3032 accepted (3 days)
Aug01: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug02: "paid"/mailed (1 day)
Aug04:ds-230 delivered ---> Aug 12: "under review"
Aug 15: phone rep "RFE:ds-230 #30." (16th bdate left as "----") Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 16)
Aug 30: phone rep: "no military record." me: "it's there!" rep: "15 biz days starting today"
Sep 06: phone rep: "needs review. 15 MORE biz days" me: "no way" Supervisor asks Mgr "open file & verify it's complete since 8/16." 6 hours later: CASE CLOSED!

Consulate
Sep 13: INTERVIEW scheduled, email letter arrived
Sep 15: MEDICAL in Stockholm
Sep 23: Packet Left NVC -> Embassy
Oct 31: INTERVIEW 4-minutes and DONE. APPROVED. Visa is "in the mail"

Nov 27: arrival in USA

DIVORCE: final May 2015 - never whould have married without dating in-person for at least a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.