MESV

Correlation of wedding and appointment dates

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

At this point having read conflicting reports about the correlation between the "date of your wedding you put down on your readiness form" and your "appointment date at the embassy". I decided to call the embassy in ( London ) and just ask them straight up.

This is pretty much what the woman said when I asked her the question regarding wedding and appointment dates

" The date of you wedding is one of many factors taken into consideration, however it is by no means the single most important factor regarding the booking of an appointment date "

She went on to further say

" If you do receive an appointment date that is not suitable, you can email the embassy and ask if you can re-schedule an appointment for an earlier date, IF that's possible.

I kinda think it clears it up a little, not a 100%

I guess for future applicants, once you have sent your PACKET 3 DOCS, HAD THE MEDICAL, AND GATHERED ALL YOUR NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION, PUT DOWN AN EARLY ISH WEDDING DATE.

I PUT DOWN THE 30TH OF AUGUST........STILL WAITING FOR MY PACKET 4

I hope this helps?

MESV

:)

Yep! Here's to hopin they reschedule mine!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

We've talked about this in the UK forum for years and it's part of my K1 guide for London:

When you send the DS-2001 (with the four forms or later) London asks you to include a cover letter containing your email address, if applicable, date of your wedding and date of the medical examination. You might want to “bump up” the date of your wedding if it’s a long way off or they may put off your interview to accommodate those with earlier weddings. I padded mine 1 month from when we planned to marry.

DiZZy's interview is yet another example where they slotted an interview later because of an October wedding.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Although my wedding date is 30th September, just one day before DiZZyloX, and I have an interview date of 22nd July (sorry Dizzy). Maybe it really is just arbitrary or the wedding date is indeed not the most important factor. I told the truth on my form, but I'm sure they're aware that most people lie so the date becomes kind of pointless.

Edited by chrisandliz

N-400 Timeline
Nov 2014 - Sent form N-400

Nov 19 2014 - NOA

Dec 9 2014 - Yellow letter

Dec 15 2014 - Biometrics

Jan 13 2015 - In line for an interview

Mar 23 2015 - Interview letter

Apr 28 2015 - Interview

Jun 26 2015 - Oath ceremony

Probably has less to do with the actual date and more to do with the month :)

Either way - I totally goofed by not telling Mr. Loxy about padding the wedding date. He's such an honest guy that I doubt it would have mattered if I hadn't forgot to tell him B-)

---

---

w00t. new interview date: July 18th :):dance:

---

---

Nice work DIZZYLOX

It's nice to hear that you hustled you way to an earlier appointment date. I hope to hear something by the end of June regarding my date. BTW if I do receive a date in August not July, is there any kind of approach you used to move your date???? I understand being nice always helps, but do you need to give a specific reason etc etc????

Thanks

MESV

Nice work DIZZYLOX

It's nice to hear that you hustled you way to an earlier appointment date. I hope to hear something by the end of June regarding my date. BTW if I do receive a date in August not July, is there any kind of approach you used to move your date???? I understand being nice always helps, but do you need to give a specific reason etc etc????

Thanks

MESV

To be honest we are getting so late into June that I don't think august is too unreal. You must have a valid reason. We had a specific reason we needed an earlier date.

---

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.