mujdxb

Abu Dhabi UAE-DCF it been 6mnths

16 posts in this topic

We are married for about 3 years now and living in Dubai, UAE since 2008 (2+yrs), My wife (US citizen) filed petition for me (Pakistani citizen) in November 2010, US embassy in UAE works differently and they require all the documents at the same time which includes (I-130, I-864 DS forms, police certificate, medical report etc) and they interview both the petitioner and beneficiary and give the decision then and there.

As expected at the time of booking an appointment they sent us an e-mail to bring all the documents, also mentioned here: http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

We prepared everything and went there in November 2010, surprisingly they only took I-130 from petitioner and G325A forms from both of us, after paying about $335 we were called for a very short interview...like 3mins, after that visa officer gave us 221g saying its going for AP, and we will call you within 10 working days.

We did not receive any call or e-mail for about 30 days, so my wife started to e-mail and kept reminding them until March, Finally in March they asked to bring all the documents in May, so i got all the documents re-done like police certificate and DS forms etc and went there AFTER 6 months from my 1st visit, this time i was expecting that my AP was done and they would stick the bloody thing on my passport, but after submitting the remaining documents and paying about $400, officer took my interview for like 10 minutes asking some questions, after the interview again she gave 221g saying its going for AP, so i politely asked that isn't it done? she said your case went for CIS when you submitted in November, now its going for Additional processing, keep checking the site and once its done you can drop the passport.

MY questions:

Have they recently changed the procedure in UAE?

Why did they not take all my documents in nov 2010?

What did the officer mean by saying that my case went for CIS in nov 2010 and now in May2011 its going for additional processing?

How long does the additional processing takes? any rough idea...

The visa symbol on my 221g says IR1, is it correct?

My wife's (petitioner + primary sponsor) address in US changing soon, also my joint sponsor's address is changing as he is my wife's father and she lives with him in US, which form do they need to fill and where to send?

I as a beneficiary gave the same address where i intend to live in US and asked to mail my social security card to the same address, which form do i need to fill inn and where should i send?

Thanks

The fingerprints are the last thing they take. Unfortunately administrative processing seems to be the rule if you are originally from Pakistan but it sounds like you are almost done.

NOTE: We love Abu Dhabi! Its where people from the US living in saudi VACATION lol

i don't get it.

Thanks for your response "himher".

I understand that it takes a bit of time for Administrative processing, they have already take 6 months and like you said that my case is almost there... lets hope but still fingers crossed.

My wife is leaving for US in two days, so she want to sort out the change of address issue before she leaves... please help on that...Thanks

1) The visa symbol on my 221g says IR1, is it correct?

2) My wife's (petitioner + primary sponsor) address in US changing soon, also my joint sponsor's address is changing as he is my wife's father and she lives with him in US, which form do they need to fill and where to send?

3) I as a beneficiary gave the same address where i intend to live in US and asked to mail my social security card to the same address, which form do i need to fill inn and where should i send?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks for your response "himher".

I understand that it takes a bit of time for Administrative processing, they have already take 6 months and like you said that my case is almost there... lets hope but still fingers crossed.AP can take up to years,i suggest you read ME/NA subforum to get an idea of how long it can take for middle easterns

My wife is leaving for US in two days, so she want to sort out the change of address issue before she leaves... please help on that...Thanks

1) The visa symbol on my 221g says IR1, is it correct?did you apply for an IR-1?it should be the same as the type of visa you want

2) My wife's (petitioner + primary sponsor) address in US changing soon, also my joint sponsor's address is changing as he is my wife's father and she lives with him in US, which form do they need to fill and where to send?

3) I as a beneficiary gave the same address where i intend to live in US and asked to mail my social security card to the same address, which form do i need to fill inn and where should i send?the answer to 2 and 3 is the same.email the embassy and let them know that the address is changing.let the petitioner take care of it

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Thanks for your response.

We applied for immigration visa, being married for more than three years it falls into IR category... just want to make sure.

AP is done within 6 months max.. even in ME/NA region, i was called just before the end of six months but now they said "Additional processing" that is my concern

• 2 weeks later...

E-mail sent to the embassy regarding change of address, they have replied that change of address details recorded to the case file, however they have not asked to send any change of address form.. is it ok?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats the update on your case bro?

Yeah finally it looks the wait is over, they asked for new medical and passport which i have submitted, hopefully i will get the visa next week!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.