dbcooper99

CFO - PRISM vs. St. Marys

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance needs to attend the CFO tomorrow (april 12). Her flight is at 10pm. I have heard mainly bad things about PRISM but not much of anything about St. Marys. We need to get this taken care of with as little BS as possible. Is it better just to ride the train over to St. Marys than to go to PRISM? Does anyone here have any personal experience with St. Marys? If she goes to the 1:30 at St. Marys can she get her sticker right there immediately after the seminar? About how long will she be there? Can I attend with her? Thanks

We did St. Marys couple of years ago due to all the bad press we read about it here on VJ, and it's still seems to be pain for some, They try to interrogate too much.

St. Marys is about 30 seconds from the train. We took a taxi from USEM to St. Marys.

It's much more relaxed and far less crowded and the CFO seems to be much easier process (in general) compared to PRISM

My fiance did the CFO took about 2 hours, I walked down the road and around the corner and found a "Shakey's Pizza" and had pitcher of beer and a pizza while waiting for her.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We did St. Marys couple of years ago due to all the bad press we read about it here on VJ, and it's still seems to be pain for some, They try to interrogate too much.

St. Marys is about 30 seconds from the train. We took a taxi from USEM to St. Marys.

It's much more relaxed and far less crowded and the CFO seems to be much easier process (in general) compared to PRISM

My fiance did the CFO took about 2 hours, I walked down the road and around the corner and found a "Shakey's Pizza" and had pitcher of beer and a pizza while waiting for her.

We have to pick up her visa at the embassy in the morning.

How long of a taxi ride is it? I'm not really concerned about saving a couple of bucks, I just want it to be easy as possible for us. I thought the train might be easier just because of the traffic.

They have an 8:30, 11:00, and 1:30 seminar. Did they issue the sticker on the spot? Do you think 2 or 3 hours is all we'll need?

We are staying near the embassy but have to check out at noon. Our flight isn't until 10pm. We each have 1 bag to check and 1 carry-on. Do you think its safe to leave them with the hotel or should we cart them around with us all day?

If we go to the 1:30, I was thinking we should be done around 4 or 4:30. Then we could be at the airport around 7. We should only have a couple hours to kill and it would be a good time to get a bite to eat. I thought it might just be easier to bring our bags with us than to go all the way back to the hotel and then all the way back to the airport. I just wasn't sure about what to do with them while she was at St. Marys. Any suggestions?

We rode a taxi there and train back, It seemed like the train was faster but it's been a couple years since I was there.

I "think" after the seminar and if u have Visa in hand they issue sticker. (Someone who has done it recently should chime in)

I leave my bags carry one and check in with hotels all the time in PI, Never had a problem.

Usually you can have late check out and pay like half day rate in most hotels in PI.

As far as carrying your bags it's a pain in the ####### to me, Maybe you can just rent a taxi for the day and have him hang with you and store you bags in his taxi all day so they are with you.

You can google CFO for more info.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

We have to pick up her visa at the embassy in the morning.

How long of a taxi ride is it? I'm not really concerned about saving a couple of bucks, I just want it to be easy as possible for us. I thought the train might be easier just because of the traffic.

They have an 8:30, 11:00, and 1:30 seminar. Did they issue the sticker on the spot? Do you think 2 or 3 hours is all we'll need?

We are staying near the embassy but have to check out at noon. Our flight isn't until 10pm. We each have 1 bag to check and 1 carry-on. Do you think its safe to leave them with the hotel or should we cart them around with us all day?

If we go to the 1:30, I was thinking we should be done around 4 or 4:30. Then we could be at the airport around 7. We should only have a couple hours to kill and it would be a good time to get a bite to eat. I thought it might just be easier to bring our bags with us than to go all the way back to the hotel and then all the way back to the airport. I just wasn't sure about what to do with them while she was at St. Marys. Any suggestions?

Hello,

I just had my St. Mary experience last March 31, 2011... PRISM is actually more accessible for me, just one jeepney ride, but i choose to have my CFO seminar at St. Mary's coz of the bad reviews here of PRISM, plus the fact that there is a CFO extension office located in the same building.

I suggest to take the train, traffic is unpredictable in Manila... the only thing that is not good is you have to change train at Doroteo Jose station in Manila to Recto station(from LRT 1 to LRT2 line)... but if you wear a comfy shoes that will not be problem. This is actually just a short walk.

I took the 8:30am schedule and I was already there by 7:30am, there was NO PEOPLE, i was expecting a long line and there isn't any... and I AM SOOO EARLY... so I asked the girl in the counter if i can buy food outside... and she said... yes, no problem, she also informed me I can eat it while filling up the forms that they gave (they were so respectful... they address me as Ma'am), so i bought some food at the MRT station and went back to the St. Mary's place and eat while I was filling up the form.

They did not start right away at 8:30am, i think they were waiting for more people, and we were around 6 there... anyways.. the experience is not as important, but it was surprisingly pleasant... yes, they are more into spiritual, but with this big step we are taking... it is actually a welcome respite for me...

We started around 9am, we are finished at 10:30am, It will take longer i think if there are a lot of people, in my case, there are only 3 of us who went to one on one counseling since the other 3 are not a US case... the one on one is as fast as the visa interview... they ask me i mind about the age difference, and i said no, i am an old soul. I brought most of my papers with me in case they will ask me for some papers but the counselor was soooooo good... she did not ask any...

After the one one one, they will give you the certification then you go to the back of the building for the CFO seal (same building but entrance is at the back). That was pretty fast too, around 3 minutes, but I was the first one there... so again if there will be a lot of people... it might take longer...

If you take even the 1:30pm, i don't think you will have a problem, you should be finished before 4pm and should be picking up your baggage at the hotel by 5:00pm (if you take the train again). Yes, i suggest to leave your stuff at the hotel, it can delay you at the train station coz they will ask you to open your luggage... you will even have time to have a good early dinner before going to the airport...

Goodluck! and message me when your done... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.