kiki92

DS 156 : Question #40

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I noticed that DS 156 is required to be filled online, so are we suppose to send it to the consulate via email before the scheduled interview? Also, how can I get my signature on number 40, where it asks for the signature of the person helping to prepare the document? Or is simply having my fiance write my name in that space okay? Thanks for all of your input! :help:

Hello Everyone!

I noticed that DS 156 is required to be filled online, so are we suppose to send it to the consulate via email before the scheduled interview? Also, how can I get my signature on number 40, where it asks for the signature of the person helping to prepare the document? Or is simply having my fiance write my name in that space okay? Thanks for all of your input! :help:

Print it out and sign on #40 if you prepared the form and the fiance signed on #41 (Page 2). Make sure you printout the 3rd page with his name and the bar code number. All the info you input is embedded in the barcode, they will just scan it at the Consulate.

Print it out and sign on #40 if you prepared the form and the fiance signed on #41 (Page 2). Make sure you printout the 3rd page with his name and the bar code number. All the info you input is embedded in the barcode, they will just scan it at the Consulate.

Thanks Ronnie, but what barcode are you referring to?

Also, from what I understand from the appointment packet that we've downloaded from the consulate's website, it says we need to complete it online, so I was thinking maybe they wanted us to type our answers onto the form and then print it out.

We never received an appointment packet or received an email from them, so I don't know what barcode you're referring to? Or do you mean our case number? I'm kinda confused here. :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You fill in the blanks online.. then you generate a copy to print out and sign (by submitting it)... that copy will have the barcode.... thats the one that is taken to the consulate

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

As Scott mentioned above, you fill out this form online.

Here is the link below or you can google "DS 156" up

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

Fill it out, follow the instructions in red at the top&bottom of the form. Print out 2 copies, sign and date.

The barcode is on the the last page when you print out the form. Pls see attachement for example of barcode.

Edited by Ronnie&Hang

Okay, I understand the barcode now, however, I have another question, do they expect all the pages to be typed or can we handwrite in the blank spaces. My fiance and I kept on arguing over this issue.

Since I"m over here, and he's over there, I would have to print out a copy of page 2, sign the part that says person who helped him prepare the form and then send it over to him.

Since he hasn't receive his passport yet, I would have to leave those spaces blank when I print out the form over here, which would mean, he would have to handwrite those information onto the form? Oh gosh, this is sooo frustrating! :angry:

Filed: Timeline

Okay, I understand the barcode now, however, I have another question, do they expect all the pages to be typed or can we handwrite in the blank spaces. My fiance and I kept on arguing over this issue.

Since I"m over here, and he's over there, I would have to print out a copy of page 2, sign the part that says person who helped him prepare the form and then send it over to him.

Since he hasn't receive his passport yet, I would have to leave those spaces blank when I print out the form over here, which would mean, he would have to handwrite those information onto the form? Oh gosh, this is sooo frustrating! :angry:

Filled out page one and two.

Then generate with the bar code.

when print it will be two pages.

second page is where you sign it.

print a few copy sign it for her don't date it yet.

when he got his Passport tell him to redo the DS156 again and put all information the same now just edit the Passport number.

the second page will be the same..print it but use the first copy of your page two that was sign.

hope you understand.. i m too stress to write clearly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All spaces must be completed.. no blanks... you enter the info into the online system and it fills in the spaces in what you print out... you need to wait for the passport

Filled out page one and two.

Then generate with the bar code.

when print it will be two pages.

second page is where you sign it.

print a few copy sign it for her don't date it yet.

when he got his Passport tell him to redo the DS156 again and put all information the same now just edit the Passport number.

the second page will be the same..print it but use the first copy of your page two that was sign.

hope you understand.. i m too stress to write clearly.

The barcode could have the passport info in it so he needs to wait until the info is all there before they fill in the online form...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

All spaces must be completed.. no blanks... you enter the info into the online system and it fills in the spaces in what you print out... you need to wait for the passport

The barcode could have the passport info in it so he needs to wait until the info is all there before they fill in the online form...

Thanks Scott! You're a lifesaver! That's what I thought, since all the info. that is typed into the form is encrypted in the barcode, I couldn't leave his passport info. blank, then that part of the info. would not be recorded and knowing HCMC, they might send him home and make him redo another DS 156.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.