James and Cynthia

Applying for Online Interview with K1/K2 Visa

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm trying to schedule for an online interview for my fiancee and her daughter. I got through the intitial part where it asked for my fiancee's passport info and address. It then put her in a list and asked me if I wanted to add another applicant. I thought maybe this is where I give the passport info for her daughter, so I said yes. It then asked me the same info for her daughter with passport number, date of payment, birthdate, and password. When I enter this info along with our case number, it does not accept it. Am I suppose to add my fiancee's daughter as an applicant? Thanks for your help.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

Never mind. I had the wrong passport number for her daughter. Appointment now scheduled for April 15th.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Does your fiancée and her child have the same interview date?

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Does your fiancée and her child have the same interview date?

I selected them together, so they have the same date and time for the interview. Is that what I was supposed to do? Does her daughter go to the interview with her?

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

when applyind for visa at the same time, mother and child would have the interview together.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

How did you apply for interview online? The warning on the website says the online scheduling is only for SB-1 visa or something like that. There have been other posts here on VJ about it.

Please let us know, because the warning says that even if you show up, you will not be granted an interview.

Timeline

How did you apply for interview online? The warning on the website says the online scheduling is only for SB-1 visa or something like that. There have been other posts here on VJ about it.

Please let us know, because the warning says that even if you show up, you will not be granted an interview.

I'm not sure what warning you are referring to. There is no reason you can't schedule the K1 visa interview online. In fact, if you want to schedule without waiting for the welcome letter, this is how you have to do it, unless you lie to them on the phone and say you already received the welcome letter even though you have not. I have read many posts on VJ saying how to do this online for K1 visa.

This is what I did:

1. Go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com//

2. Select the Philippines for the Country pull-down menu.

3. Do not go to the non-immigrant section. Instead, go to the "Immigrant Visas" section and click on "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment".

4. From the Immigrant Visa Appointment page, do not click on "Schedule an Appointment". Instead, look further down and click on "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling".

5. From this page, you enter your passport number, case number, payment date, birthdate, and create a password.

6. The next page asks for passport issuance date and experiation date. It also asks for the address to send your passport to after receiving visa. You need to know City, State/Province, and ZIPCODE.

7. After entering the required info, your name goes to a list and your asked if you want to add another applicant. If including a child with K2, select yes.

8. Go through the same process again entering in the information for the child.

9. Here's the tricky part. If something goes wrong and you exit the site but you haven't created the schedule yet, you can't start over again the same way. After the payment date with passport number has been used once, you can't use it again. Instead, you have to go back to the "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment" page again. This time you do select the "Schedule an Appointment" link and not the "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" link. From here, you can re-enter the beneficieries info and add other applicants for the K2 children.

10. After all applicants are entered, you select them all with the check boxes, and select to set an appointment. Make sure all applicants are selected.

11. Now you just select the date you want and the time. It sets all applicants the same.

12. Last, you can download a PDF file for the appointment letters for each applicant.

That's what I did, and it seems to have worked.

I guess the answer to my question about the child going to the interview is a YES??

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

I'm not sure what warning you are referring to. There is no reason you can't schedule the K1 visa interview online. In fact, if you want to schedule without waiting for the welcome letter, this is how you have to do it, unless you lie to them on the phone and say you already received the welcome letter even though you have not. I have read many posts on VJ saying how to do this online for K1 visa.

This is what I did:

1. Go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com//

2. Select the Philippines for the Country pull-down menu.

3. Do not go to the non-immigrant section. Instead, go to the "Immigrant Visas" section and click on "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment".

4. From the Immigrant Visa Appointment page, do not click on "Schedule an Appointment". Instead, look further down and click on "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling".

5. From this page, you enter your passport number, case number, payment date, birthdate, and create a password.

6. The next page asks for passport issuance date and experiation date. It also asks for the address to send your passport to after receiving visa. You need to know City, State/Province, and ZIPCODE.

7. After entering the required info, your name goes to a list and your asked if you want to add another applicant. If including a child with K2, select yes.

8. Go through the same process again entering in the information for the child.

9. Here's the tricky part. If something goes wrong and you exit the site but you haven't created the schedule yet, you can't start over again the same way. After the payment date with passport number has been used once, you can't use it again. Instead, you have to go back to the "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment" page again. This time you do select the "Schedule an Appointment" link and not the "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" link. From here, you can re-enter the beneficieries info and add other applicants for the K2 children.

10. After all applicants are entered, you select them all with the check boxes, and select to set an appointment. Make sure all applicants are selected.

11. Now you just select the date you want and the time. It sets all applicants the same.

12. Last, you can download a PDF file for the appointment letters for each applicant.

That's what I did, and it seems to have worked.

I guess the answer to my question about the child going to the interview is a YES??

-James

at the bottom of the Application Validation page it says...

Warning! The category you have selected is intended for returning residents/SB-1 visa applicants only. If you do not belong to this category, please do not use this category to schedule an appointment. If you do so, and you are not a returning resident/SB-1 visa applicant, you will not be interviewed, even if you present yourself at the Embassy on the scheduled date. Consequently, you will need to book another appointment under the proper category.

Edited by sunandmoon

Timeline

at the bottom of the Application Validation page it says...

Warning! The category you have selected is intended for returning residents/SB-1 visa applicants only. If you do not belong to this category, please do not use this category to schedule an appointment. If you do so, and you are not a returning resident/SB-1 visa applicant, you will not be interviewed, even if you present yourself at the Embassy on the scheduled date. Consequently, you will need to book another appointment under the proper category.

Hmmm. I did not see that warning. I did exactly what I've read from others to do by selecting the K-Visa Appointment Scheduling link. After having problems and leaving the site, I did what they told me to do on the phone. They said to select the Schedule an Appointment link this time since I could get through the other link again. But you are right, the warning is on both of those pages.

Why would they tell me to go there on the phone if that is not correct? Has anyone done it this way and had problems at the interview? Who else has scheduled their interview online lately? How can going to the K-Visa Appointment Scheduling link take you to a page saying it is not for K visas? This makes no sense. I will be so upset if our date won't work because of this.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

it gives the same warning on other links in the applying for Immigrant Visa Appointment web page.

Timeline

it gives the same warning on other links in the applying for Immigrant Visa Appointment web page.

Ok. I just talked to them on the phone. The lady said that as long as I went to the Immigrant Visa page and used the Schedule an Appointment link, then I did the right thing. She said that I should ignore the warning on the page that says it is only for SB-1 visas.

This makes me very nervous. I would hate for my fiancee to show up 3 wks from now and find out they won't let her have her interview because it is not for K-1. I asked the lady on the phone how I can confirm this appointment will work for K-1 so that this doesn't happen to my fiancee. She said as long as I scheduled the appointment through the Immigrant Visa site, it should work. Trusting what I've been told is not making me feel very comfortable. I wish there was a way to verify it is correct.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

Hi, I hope yours goes well. I had trouble when I applied before they moved. I talked with the scheduling center through chat because I felt they weren't understanding me when I explained. Anyways, the guy gave me a link to where I could schedule. I wasn't sure because everyone else I talked with on the phone said that I couldn't schedule for K1 anymore. I repeatedly asked him to confirm that this was for K1 visa schedule and he assured me that it was. I screenshot the whole conversation and asked for his name. I then called the call center agai and confirmed with them that it was also a K1 schedule and the last thing was that I received an email that it was a K1 interview schedule that I scheduled.

It maybe overkill, but the call center previously told me that if my fiancee went there for the wrong visa appointment then they wouldn't let her in. I had scheduled the first interview using the non-immigrant visa appoinment schedule that's why I needed to change the schedule in the first place.

So, good luck and try to confirm by calling the call center. My fiancee's interview is tomorrow or actually in a few hours, so hopefully they will let her in and she'll be approved.

the warning is now gone from the K Visa Appointment Scheduling web page.

Timeline

Hi, I hope yours goes well. I had trouble when I applied before they moved. I talked with the scheduling center through chat because I felt they weren't understanding me when I explained. Anyways, the guy gave me a link to where I could schedule. I wasn't sure because everyone else I talked with on the phone said that I couldn't schedule for K1 anymore. I repeatedly asked him to confirm that this was for K1 visa schedule and he assured me that it was. I screenshot the whole conversation and asked for his name. I then called the call center agai and confirmed with them that it was also a K1 schedule and the last thing was that I received an email that it was a K1 interview schedule that I scheduled.

It maybe overkill, but the call center previously told me that if my fiancee went there for the wrong visa appointment then they wouldn't let her in. I had scheduled the first interview using the non-immigrant visa appoinment schedule that's why I needed to change the schedule in the first place.

So, good luck and try to confirm by calling the call center. My fiancee's interview is tomorrow or actually in a few hours, so hopefully they will let her in and she'll be approved.

Thanks for the info. Good luck on her interview.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

Many thanks for this post. This will be a big help when its time for us to get an interview schedule. We just paid for our visa today. We'll try to get an interview schedule by Wednesday. Hope our case will be on the system by then.

10-12-2010 NOA1 date

10-15-2010 Touch

03-14-2011 Touch

03-14-2011 NOA2 date (153 days after NOA1)

03-23-2011 Received by NVC

04-05-2011 Called NVC today and they are still processing our papers.

04-07-2011 Left NVC

04-13-2011 Received by USEM

04-25-2011 Medical 1st day

04-27-2011 Medical 2nd day (K1&K2 passed.) THANK GOD.

05-06-2011 Interview(Got 221g for Taiwan Police Clearance and to have another interview.)

06-02-2011 USEM received documents for 221g

06-07-2011 USEM emailed that we are in further review.

06-27-2011 USEM called and asked to submit my son's baptismal certificate, school report card, travel documents from the bureau of immigration of me, my fiance and my son's biofather, and snail mail between me and my fiance.

08-02-2011 submitted additional requirements and 2nd interview.

08-16-2011 USEM emailed and asked for my passport and police clearance.

08-17-2011 USEM emailed and said they have found our passports and my Taiwan police clearance.

08-23-2011 Visa approval. THANK GOD FOR THIS ANSWERED PRAYER.

08-25-2011 Visa in transit according to 2Go.

08-26-2011 CFO seminar

08-26-2011 Visa in hand. THANK YOU LORD GOD FOR THESE BLESSINGS. Praying now to be with my honey on his birthday.

08-31-2011 CFO sticker

09-04-2011 POE: LAX

rpC8m8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.