quartercloud

Police clearance?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I was just perusing the embassy website and came upon this requirement which I think is listed for the embassy interview: "police certificates from all foreign countries where the applicant lived for at least six months starting at the age of 16". So my question is this: does my fiance need Korean police clearance because she was in Korea for about 8 months on a TOURIST visa?

Thanks.

They lived there for over 6 months so, yes they need one. This police clearance is for a fiancee visa right? The korean police clearance is pretty easy 2 get. Just go to the korean embassy in manila with a couple passport photos and passport with the visa that they used to get into korea with. Fill out their form, and then wait 4-6 weeks and pick it up.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

They lived there for over 6 months so, yes they need one. This police clearance is for a fiancee visa right? The korean police clearance is pretty easy 2 get. Just go to the korean embassy in manila with a couple passport photos and passport with the visa that they used to get into korea with. Fill out their form, and then wait 4-6 weeks and pick it up.

Can you tell me if this police certificate is supposed to be sent with the I-129F petition "package" to the USCUS office, or does she take it to the embassy for the interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She will take it to the embassy on the day of her interview.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Yeah taken the day of the interview. Check this link out: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html. It gives you stuff for the interview.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Yup she needs one :) I have one from China :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Always check the reciprocity tables.

Where is your fiancee now? South Korea, or in the Philippines? If no longer in S. Korea then forget about the police certificate from there, you need to be physically in S. Korea to obtain them.

Police Records

Korean National Police Certificate (Crime-Investigation History Report: Bomjoi-Soosa Kyongreok Johoi Hoiboseo) is available to visa applicants of any nationality who are physically present in South Korea. The new KNPC now includes all serious crimes since 1945, regardless of expungement benefits under Korean law, and misdemeanors for five years, according to the Individual Information Protection Law of March 2003.

Applicants presently in Korea: Foreign nationals, regardless of visa status, and Korean citizens must apply in person at any local police station. The KNP checks non-Koreans according to the requestor's Korean alien registration card or passport. Korean citizens must show a Korean identity card with the Korean citizen's unique, lifetime Korean identification number, which is found on Korean national identity cards and Korean passports adjacent to the applicant's name. KNP processing is no fee and takes less than one hour. The new KNPC bears a red ink half inch square stamp on the bottom containing the Korean characters for National Police. It is issued in Korean only and applicants must attach a complete English translation, certified as true and correct by anyone competent in Korean and English, for the visa interview. A simple computer printout of criminal records is issued with the Korean annotation for information only, has no red ink stamp and is not a KNPC for visa purposes.

Applicants outside of Korea: Unavailable.

http://travel.state....1.html?cid=3599 Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I beg to differ...my wife got one straight from the korean embassy in manila. If it can be obtained I would get it...I would hate to be held up 6 weeks for a police clearance that is obtainable in country. Consulates will do whatever they want in the end...even if it isnt right according to other sites.

I too thought about not having my wife get one from korea, but we found out that she could get one. So I had her get it. It doesnt cost anything except the price of going to the embassy and a passport photo. If they are already going to manila, it is only another stop.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Timeline

Thanks to all of you for your input. I expect that I will have more questions throughout this experience. This is a great site, and the support and encouragement is wonderful. I hope to have my I-129F done by the end of this weekend. Then I will start my timeline too. Thanks again to all of you.

Fermon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.