Arther & Joi

Quick Sponsoring Question

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All

If I make over the $22,887 stated in the poverty guideline for a 3 family household,should I also have a certain amount of money in the bank? Also how much over the $22,887 should I make? Any help with this question will be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All

If I make over the $22,887 stated in the poverty guideline for a 3 family household,should I also have a certain amount of money in the bank? Also how much over the $22,887 should I make? Any help with this question will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

As long as you meet the income standards, I don't believe that you have to list any bank account information. I did not and it was not requested. I think that you only use bank account and investment information if you need it in order to meet the minimum income standard. Hope that helps.

Timeline

Hello,

As long as you meet the income standards, I don't believe that you have to list any bank account information. I did not and it was not requested. I think that you only use bank account and investment information if you need it in order to meet the minimum income standard. Hope that helps.

Yes, this helps thanks alot. Should I assume that the $22,887 is the amount of annual income I need to exceed? How much above the $22,887 should my annual income be

Timeline

I agree. I believe as long as you make 1 penny over, if not even the exact requirement you are good to go. I don't think you need to have anything in your bank. Again, I think bank statements come in if you make less than the requirement. Good luck!

Timeline

I agree. I believe as long as you make 1 penny over, if not even the exact requirement you are good to go. I don't think you need to have anything in your bank. Again, I think bank statements come in if you make less than the requirement. Good luck!

Thanks alot

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

no money in bank.... required

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

Hello,

Hello, I am assuming that your household of 3 includes you, a current occupant of your home, and your beneficiary. If that is correct then you have to make at least 22,887.00. As long as you make at least that amount then you are fine is my understanding.

you mean no money in bank at all, when dem through with you :whistle:

:rofl:

Yep. That is what that means. LOL. By the way JP. Do you know of anyone on here besides "SOooo Confused" whose spouse admitted to marijuana use and was still given the opportunity to migrate?

Edited by empress07

Timeline

By the way JP. Do you know of anyone on here besides "SOooo Confused" whose spouse admitted to marijuana use and was still given the opportunity to migrate?

I know of 2 people who admitted to it in their medical and were banned for 3 years... One of them got through last year after waiting out the 3 year ban and re-filing for a CR1. The other one is currently at NVC stage in their CR1 (I think) and I have every confidence they will get through as well.... :yes:

The 3 year ban has now been reduced to a 1 year ban from what I understand.

Timeline

I know of 2 people who admitted to it in their medical and were banned for 3 years... One of them got through last year after waiting out the 3 year ban and re-filing for a CR1. The other one is currently at NVC stage in their CR1 (I think) and I have every confidence they will get through as well.... :yes:

The 3 year ban has now been reduced to a 1 year ban from what I understand.

One year ban from the last admitted date of use? So, like Sooo Confused, her spouse admitted last use 12/09 and they said he is ineligible until 12/1/10. And is this for just admitting and testing negative. Were those bans because they tested negative? Thanks

Timeline

One year ban from the last admitted date of use? So, like Sooo Confused, her spouse admitted last use 12/09 and they said he is ineligible until 12/1/10. And is this for just admitting and testing negative. Were those bans because they tested negative? Thanks

No positive test - admitted to past use, "trying it" in the past and it was a 2 year ban for each of them. Both were originally K1 - they married during the 2 year ban and filed CR1

I am curious as to what the result will be with Sooo confused - this is the first we have seen under the new rule.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

No positive test - admitted to past use, "trying it" in the past and it was a 2 year ban for each of them. Both were originally K1 - they married during the 2 year ban and filed CR1

I am curious as to what the result will be with Sooo confused - this is the first we have seen under the new rule.

Yes, I am equally curious. It seems like the new rule is a little less (well a LOT LESS) stringent. I wonder if it makes a difference that they were K1 applicants and not CR-1 applicants. In any case though, it appears that it is a one year ban from last use. I hope that they apply this equally. I know that there were some comments about others receiving bans but it appears that the situations were much different and then there is this new rule.

Timeline

The only difference in the situation were they were K1 v. CR1 - They both admitted to using in the past and were given a two year ban and that they would have to reapply - they chose to marry and reapply that way instead of filing another K1 - At the same time frame they went through this, there was a member from Mexico whose fiance admitted not only to using this but other substances - and he was approved, no issues!

But this law is interesting, I will be curious to see what the result is -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.