MrsErnie

Kingston JA Embassy

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Our Interview on 9.28.10 thankfully was successful. However, just some information to note. As far as I previously gathered, both parties to the K-1 petition have been allowed to attend the interview. It only makes sense if the point of the interview is to solidify the notion that the union is "bonafide" So I booked my ticket, took time off from work and we both showed up in the POURING RAIN. At the gate, I was informed that ONLY the beneficiary would be granted access. So of course I proceeded to explain that this is a K-1 petition and we were both required to be present. I asked to speak with someone else, because clearly this man don't have a clue. I was informed by 2 different Embassy representatives of the "new" rule (established a few weeks ago and of course not published ANYWHERE) whereby IF an interview is needed with the petitioner, a SEPARATE DATE will be scheduled. As if, at a whim, I can tell my boss I'm not coming in today and fly home. The rep said "It's good you're here to support him but you can't come in" I can only find that funny, now that it's over. How much support could I have given from outside - luckily we drove, but nonetheless, it was raining and who can burn AC for 4hrs when gas so dear? The "new rule" contradicts why blue slips are issued when some petitioners are not present in the 1st place. One wonders if he did receive a blue slip for me to be present, would they have allowed him to come get me from the outside??? We've known each other for 8yrs and were prepared for whatever they came with, but all he got was: When did we meet? When did the relationship turn serious? When will we get married? Go pay at the DHL window. So for those with upcoming interviews - you may want to inquire of this "new rule" prior to making any travel arrangements.

Our Interview on 9.28.10 thankfully was successful. However, just some information to note. As far as I previously gathered, both parties to the K-1 petition have been allowed to attend the interview. It only makes sense if the point of the interview is to solidify the notion that the union is "bonafide" So I booked my ticket, took time off from work and we both showed up in the POURING RAIN. At the gate, I was informed that ONLY the beneficiary would be granted access. So of course I proceeded to explain that this is a K-1 petition and we were both required to be present. I asked to speak with someone else, because clearly this man don't have a clue. I was informed by 2 different Embassy representatives of the "new" rule (established a few weeks ago and of course not published ANYWHERE) whereby IF an interview is needed with the petitioner, a SEPARATE DATE will be scheduled. As if, at a whim, I can tell my boss I'm not coming in today and fly home. The rep said "It's good you're here to support him but you can't come in" I can only find that funny, now that it's over. How much support could I have given from outside - luckily we drove, but nonetheless, it was raining and who can burn AC for 4hrs when gas so dear? The "new rule" contradicts why blue slips are issued when some petitioners are not present in the 1st place. One wonders if he did receive a blue slip for me to be present, would they have allowed him to come get me from the outside??? We've known each other for 8yrs and were prepared for whatever they came with, but all he got was: When did we meet? When did the relationship turn serious? When will we get married? Go pay at the DHL window. So for those with upcoming interviews - you may want to inquire of this "new rule" prior to making any travel arrangements.

First off, congrats on your approval. Thanks for the updated information!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:wow: that is CRAZY and makes absolutely ZERO sense to me! :wow:

I bet you were going nuts waiting in that car for 4 hours :wacko:

Happy news tho, congrats on your approval! :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Our Interview on 9.28.10 thankfully was successful. .

:dance: C/O/N/G/R/A/T/S :dance:

OK... "New Rule" Ha.. these people always seem to have stories. I got 2 Emails from the kingston embassy (7/26 & 8/11) with these bimbos tellin me that i'd be able to attend... so this is all void now ...? I'm the petitioner and had plans to fly to Jamaica to be in the interview for parents.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy that you got thru! This is news to me! I was planning on having my husband fly down. Now you're telling me its a waste of time. Thanks for the advice and congrats again!

BTW MrsErnie, let us know when u get the visa in hand.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry this happened to you.. These embassies blow my mind with their nonsense sometime. Congrats on getting the visa though (F)

Edited by MRStee

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Glad to hear that you got through - but this is beyond ridiculous of the embassy - I have seen many people get blue slipped to return with their SO - If I went down, was there, denied entry to the embassy, and got a blue slip to come back for a second interview I would be flipping out! There is no rhyme or reason to this process, it's like whatever the mood of the day!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

Ms.Ernie that is really strange. My cousin had her interview either either 9/28 or the week before I can't remember. Her fiance was able to go inside with her. They're also K-1 ...let me know if you find out anything else with this new rule.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Ms.Ernie that is really strange. My cousin had her interview either either 9/28 or the week before I can't remember. Her fiance was able to go inside with her. They're also K-1 ...let me know if you find out anything else with this new rule.

I will have am answer tomorrow.. But I spoke with some one 2weeks ago and was told that I could enter.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am soooo confused.... My interview should be in the next couple of months but now I am not sure if I should book a trip or not??? Guess I will be sending an email.....ughhhhhhh

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

I Called the Kingston Counsulate 2 days ago and spoke with a local cold hearted female. She said the process was changed and now the petitioner is not able to enter the building.. I told her that your office sent me 2 emails saying that I would be allowed to enter.. She said the email/s now won't work..

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

I am soooo confused.... My interview should be in the next couple of months but now I am not sure if I should book a trip or not??? Guess I will be sending an email.....ughhhhhhh

Noo Don't Email them... Call em' up... it's sooooooo much better! Keep up informed.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.