mathranik

EAD Expedite successful

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Just for the information, I had requested for an expedite of EAD one week after my walk-in biometrics, and yesterday the Card Production was ordered by USCIS - 35 days after sending in the application. :)

I took the help of my congressman.

Thanks.

6-29-2010 Got Married!

08-10-2010 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lock-Box..

08-24-2010 Received texts/emails of acceptance, Finally!

08-27-2010 Cheques cashed / Biometrics appointment on 9-21-2010

09-01-2010 Received NOA Hardcopies and Biometrics appointment letter!

09-02-2010 Successful Biometrics Walk-in :)

09-14-2010 EAD expedite successful (Congressmen's help)

09-15-2010 EAD card production ordered

09-20-2010 EAD card production - 2nd order

09-22-2010 EAD Notice in Mail

09-24-2010 EAD card received

10-01-2010 Interview letter for AOS received for 11/04/2010

11-04-2010 Greencard approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Just for the information, I had requested for an expedite of EAD one week after my walk-in biometrics, and yesterday the Card Production was ordered by USCIS - 35 days after sending in the application. :)

I took the help of my congressman.

Thanks.

Wow, that's great. What was the reason for expedite? And what did your congressman do, exactly?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Wow, that's great. What was the reason for expedite? And what did your congressman do, exactly?

After I got my walk-in biometrics done, I contacted my Congressmen's office on the phone and asked for the immigration representative. I explained my case to her, and informed her about a job offer letter that i have. She asked me to write a letter explaining the financial hardship and also asked me to fill up a privacy form on her website. I sent her the letter of hardship, my NOA receipt, the job offer letter and privacy form through fax. The next day I called up USCIS to enquire about the expedite, and they said they don't have a request yet. But the next day the lady from congressmen's office called to tell me that she has received an email from USCIS confirming my expedite and production of card. Till then, my case didn't show up on USCIS website, but the day the card production was ordered, my EAD case shows up online and reflects the card production!

Hopefully, in 8 more days, I should receive it in my mail.

Good luck to everyone.

6-29-2010 Got Married!

08-10-2010 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lock-Box..

08-24-2010 Received texts/emails of acceptance, Finally!

08-27-2010 Cheques cashed / Biometrics appointment on 9-21-2010

09-01-2010 Received NOA Hardcopies and Biometrics appointment letter!

09-02-2010 Successful Biometrics Walk-in :)

09-14-2010 EAD expedite successful (Congressmen's help)

09-15-2010 EAD card production ordered

09-20-2010 EAD card production - 2nd order

09-22-2010 EAD Notice in Mail

09-24-2010 EAD card received

10-01-2010 Interview letter for AOS received for 11/04/2010

11-04-2010 Greencard approved!

• 2 months later...

After I got my walk-in biometrics done, I contacted my Congressmen's office on the phone and asked for the immigration representative. I explained my case to her, and informed her about a job offer letter that i have. She asked me to write a letter explaining the financial hardship and also asked me to fill up a privacy form on her website. I sent her the letter of hardship, my NOA receipt, the job offer letter and privacy form through fax. The next day I called up USCIS to enquire about the expedite, and they said they don't have a request yet. But the next day the lady from congressmen's office called to tell me that she has received an email from USCIS confirming my expedite and production of card. Till then, my case didn't show up on USCIS website, but the day the card production was ordered, my EAD case shows up online and reflects the card production!

Hopefully, in 8 more days, I should receive it in my mail.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks you so much for sharing your experience; it gave me hope. I'm about to do the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.