Cookie123

Forms Montreal Consulate requires before K1 Visa interview is set

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone help clarify this for me. I received the package from Montreal indicating that before they can set an interview date they require the following forms:

DS-230 Part 1

DS-160 online

DS-156

DS-156k

Receipt from DS-160

Checklist

I have looked on Visa Journey's and have read conflicting information about only sending the DS-230 and the DS-160 and checklist and that the other forms the DS-156 and DS-156K and receipt from the DS-160 is required at interview but this is conflicting to what the package says. If someone could please help clarify I would really appreciate it.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

When I received my P3 in April, I basically sent the forms you said, and am bringing the rest at the interview. I don't know if the letter has changed, but on the cover letter, it is said to NOT send in the forms on the checklist, but to check the checklist and send it signed. I don't know if it helps!

People that recently had their interview did it this way, and it's fine.

Good luck!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone help clarify this for me. I received the package from Montreal indicating that before they can set an interview date they require the following forms:

DS-230 Part 1

DS-160 online

DS-156

DS-156k

Receipt from DS-160

Checklist

I have looked on Visa Journey's and have read conflicting information about only sending the DS-230 and the DS-160 and checklist and that the other forms the DS-156 and DS-156K and receipt from the DS-160 is required at interview but this is conflicting to what the package says. If someone could please help clarify I would really appreciate it.

My fiance' kept a copy of the checked off checklist that we received in February. Then sent the checklist back with the forms it requested. We took things like the birth certificate, police certificate, letter of intent, etc. with us to the interview (but did not mail them ahead of time) and we kept copies off all the forms we mailed them just in case one of them "got lost" in processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

DS-230 Part 1

DS-160 online

DS-156

DS-156k

Receipt from DS-160

Checklist

Hi there,

Even thought you have the instruction, youre nervous just like I was when I got it. I sent everything back as it states on the instruction. I just had my interview on June 23. I was asked for the confirmation for D-160 so make sure you have it with you for the interview. I also had all the forms printed. They might ask you, just to be safe print everything as you go along to have a copy for yourself. I was asked the three pages for DS-156 also if Im not mistaken. I know youll be fine. …I hope this helps, if youre still unsure let me know. I forgot to mention about he check list, check everything that you will have for the interview. I didn’t have my birth certificate; I used my baptism so I didn’t check off that section. I left it blank, but the wrest I checked it off

Edited by ramana

Timeline

Do you only need your birth certificate, or do you need the US Citizens birth certificate to bring to the interview as well?

K1/K2

05/25/2010: Sent off I129-F to CSC

05/27/2010: I129-F Received by CSC

06/02/2010: NOA1 (8 Days)

06/07/2010: Received Hard Copy NOA1

10/19/2010: NOA2 (139 Days since NOA1)

10/25/2010: Hard Copy NOA2 arrived :D And it arrived at NVC :D

10/26/2010: Case Sent to Montreal Consulate.

11/01/2010: Montreal Consulate Received Case, and P3 Sent to US Petitioner

11/08/2010: US Petitioner received P3(20 days since NOA2)

11/10/2010: Sent P3 back through DHL service :D

11/24/2010: Received P4 (14 days since sending P3 Back)

03/08/2011: Interview! (Canceled due to unforeseen circumstances)

CR1/CR2

04/17/2011: Marriage

__/__/2011: Sent off I-130 Package

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you only need your birth certificate, or do you need the US Citizens birth certificate to bring to the interview as well?

The U.S. citizen's birth certificate (a copy at least) was mailed in with the original I-129F. The Canadian's LONG FORM birth certificate is necessary for the interview but you don't have to mail it in with the packet 3 list and the forms that it asks for. If it is on the checklist, you just need it for the interview.

Timeline

DS-230 Part 1

DS-160 online

DS-156

DS-156k

Receipt from DS-160

Checklist

In my book if they ask for certain forms ahead, I spent the time doing it. This will speed things up on both ends. I feel better extra time delayed doing so than the wait later stress waiting for appointments and still having to do mega paperwork. As much ahead you can do is worthwhile. I submitted photocopies of all stuff and courier sent it. Personally I wanna know all done ahead and ready for interview, open for what did I miss, what other info needed on interview time instead of then back tracking and more delays, cos it'll be 4-6 months til interview date, I'd hate another months delays once that appointment.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For the interview, bring with you the originals of any forms you or your fiance submitted with the petition/application as copies. I had to bring the original of my husband's US birth certificates and his divorce decrees to the interview, and yes, the interviewer requested to see them. I did get the originals back along with the original of my birth certificate. This will be standard for all immigration type of interviews you will face - always bring the originals of any document for which you submitted a copy as USCIS has the right to examine the originals and verify that the copy is indeed accurate and unchanged.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.