gezzuzz

NOA2 at last.. what next??

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

On June 16, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice

do i just wait for packet 3?

That is a Consulate/Embassy specific question but there are a few things you can do.

Contact the NVC to get your file number for your Embassy. Contact the Embassy to make sure they get your file.

You could also go to the web site for your Embassy and try to locate Packet 3 on line as most (not all) Embassies have Packet 3 online.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Timeline

On June 16, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice

do i just wait for packet 3?

Hi there,

I'm from Chile, and I went through the same process (K-1 visa).

After I received the second NOA, one day later the case left California Service Center and was delivered at National Visa Center.

You can call the Department of State and ask whether your case left the CSC.

After the case arrives at the NVC, they will send everything to the US Embassy in Chile, so they can create and send you the packet 3.

Here is a list I got from here that was really useful to track your case after receiving the NOA2:

1) 2 days after NOA2, starting calling NVC: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

5) You can also call the DoS to find out your interview date once you believe the embassy has scheduled it.

After that, you will know when aprox. your case arrived at the consulate. Here is an example of what to ask to the embassy when that happens:

Hi, my fiancee received a letter from NVC that our K-1 visa case has been forwarded to the US consulate in chile,

so I was wondering whether the consulate is processing it and/or has the interview appointment scheduled for me

I hope this helps,

Maria

K-1 Timeline

---------------

07/14/2009 - 1st NOA received on the mail!

10/05/2009 - 2nd NOA!

10/23/2009 - Packet 3 received

12/30/2009 - Interview -> APPROVED!

Maria flew to the US & we got married! YAY!

AOS Timeline

---------------

02/24/2010 - Package sent to USCIS Chicago P.O. Box

03/04/2010 - Check Cashed!

03/07/2010 - 1st NOA hardcopy letters received on mail.

03/24/2010 - Hardcopy received "Case transferred to CSC"

03/30/2010 - Biometrics taken

05/07/2010 - I-131 approved and received

05/24/2010 - I-765 EAD card received

August 2nd - got divorced. Maria comes back to her country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi there,

I'm from Chile, and I went through the same process (K-1 visa).

After I received the second NOA, one day later the case left California Service Center and was delivered at National Visa Center.

You can call the Department of State and ask whether your case left the CSC.

After the case arrives at the NVC, they will send everything to the US Embassy in Chile, so they can create and send you the packet 3.

Here is a list I got from here that was really useful to track your case after receiving the NOA2:

1) 2 days after NOA2, starting calling NVC: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

5) You can also call the DoS to find out your interview date once you believe the embassy has scheduled it.

After that, you will know when aprox. your case arrived at the consulate. Here is an example of what to ask to the embassy when that happens:

Hi, my fiancee received a letter from NVC that our K-1 visa case has been forwarded to the US consulate in chile,

so I was wondering whether the consulate is processing it and/or has the interview appointment scheduled for me

I hope this helps,

Maria

thank you so much for this great information.. it will save us alot of time..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.