RoseAndDaniel

Timing on Medical, Interview, and CFO

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm seeking advice on scheduling the medical, interview and CFO in Manila. My fiancee is from Mindanao province and will fly to Manila for the medical and interview. I have read that the medical should be completed at least 5 days before the interview to make sure that everything is complete. I've also read that some people receive their Visa the same day and can attend the CFO the next day while others need to wait for their Visa to be sent to them.

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics: how long will she need to stay in Manila to do the medical and interview? Or is it better if she flies to do the medical and returns a week or two later to do the interview.

Finally, is it better to schedule the CFO the day before you know you will depart the Philippines?

Thanks.

I'm seeking advice on scheduling the medical, interview and CFO in Manila. My fiancee is from Mindanao province and will fly to Manila for the medical and interview. I have read that the medical should be completed at least 5 days before the interview to make sure that everything is complete. I've also read that some people receive their Visa the same day and can attend the CFO the next day while others need to wait for their Visa to be sent to them.

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics: how long will she need to stay in Manila to do the medical and interview? Or is it better if she flies to do the medical and returns a week or two later to do the interview.

Finally, is it better to schedule the CFO the day before you know you will depart the Philippines?

Thanks.

I am also curious to the replies here. I will be in the same situation soon. I was stunned to see that the Medical exam couldn't be be handled in at least Cebu. :blink:

Sent ----- March 2, 2010

NOA1 ----- March 11 2010

NOA2 ----- July 14, 2010 Yahoooooo!!! Sige na, lets GO na.

125 days I-130 approval

Got NVC Number on----------- July 23, 2010

Got email of ds3032/AOS bill---- July 29, 2010

Paid AOS bill ---------------- July 29, 2010

PAID IV BILL -----------------Aug 13, 2010

Rec Instructions --------------Aug 16, 2010

Mailed DS-230 ---------------Aug 16, 2010

NVC case completed -----------Sept 1

NVC sent to Embassy ----------Sept 1

Embassy Received petition ------ Sept 8 2010

Passed the Medical Exam --------Sept 29, 2010

Interview ---------------------October 20, 2010

Approved

MY WIFE IS HOME NA! It's like living a dream everyday.

I have read that the medical should be completed at least 5 days before the interview to make sure that everything is complete.

Five or ten days is about right. However, according to reports here on VJ, the medical and the interview can be scheduled closer together if the beneficiary informs SLEC during the medical exam. I believe that SLEC will accommodate the request by returning the beneficiary's passport to the beneficiary and allowing the beneficiary to carry their passport to the interview.

I've also read that some people receive their Visa the same day and can attend the CFO the next day while others need to wait for their Visa to be sent to them.

Be careful with this one. While some people are allowed, upon request, to pick up their visas at the Embassy a day or two or three after the interview, there are also people who are turned down. Also, it is a good idea to take the CFO Seminar before the interview so that all the beneficiary needs to do upon having the visa in hand is to stop by the CFO office and get the CFO sticker.

If everything ran full-speed-ahead, she could have her medical on Monday and Tuesday, complete her CFO seminar on Wednesday, pass her interview on Thursday, and pick up her visa at the Embassy on Friday or Monday, and pick up her CFO sticker the same day. Theoretically, it could take even less time than that. Are you feeling lucky? Is there a hurry? Only you two can decide how to balance your desire to speed up the process with the stress and the expenses involved.

No. Get the CFO seminar out of the way early. Then, pick up the CFO sticker after she has her visa.

Thanks.

Walang anuman. B-)

Good luck!!! :thumbs::)

We were K-1ers and my wife is also from the province. She stayed at the City State Tower Hotel for 13 days when she went through the process.

> She flew into Manila on a Sunday for her Monday-Tuesday medical exam at SLEC.

> On Wednesday she completed her CFO seminar.

> Thursday through Sunday she enjoyed a holiday Manila.

> Then, on Monday, she had her interview at the USEM. She passed the interview, but they wanted her to resubmit one page from my I-129, and they wanted it to be an original, so she decided to stay in Manila and wait for me to send it to her.

On Thursday, she submitted the page they wanted.

On Friday morning, a case worker at the Embassy called her at the hotel and told her that he lost my I-134 and all of my financial papers.

To make a long story short, she submitted a set of copies to the Embassy around noon on the same day.

She flew home on Saturday.

She received her visa the following Thursday.

She got her CFO sticker a couple of weeks later when she was ready to fly to the U.S.

Timeline

We were K-1ers and my wife is also from the province. She stayed at the City State Tower Hotel for 13 days when she went through the process.

> She flew into Manila on a Sunday for her Monday-Tuesday medical exam at SLEC.

> On Wednesday she completed her CFO seminar.

> Thursday through Sunday she enjoyed a holiday Manila.

> Then, on Monday, she had her interview at the USEM. She passed the interview, but they wanted her to resubmit one page from my I-129, and they wanted it to be an original, so she decided to stay in Manila and wait for me to send it to her.

On Thursday, she submitted the page they wanted.

On Friday morning, a case worker at the Embassy called her at the hotel and told her that he lost my I-134 and all of my financial papers.

To make a long story short, she submitted a set of copies to the Embassy around noon on the same day.

She flew home on Saturday.

She received her visa the following Thursday.

She got her CFO sticker a couple of weeks later when she was ready to fly to the U.S.

thanks for the info

Medical takes two days,,, they will sent results and her passport to the embassy. That is why people are saying 5 days.

Although it is possible to attend the CFO before she gets the visa... Most usually wait until they have visa in hand.

99.9% probability she will not be able to get her visa and passport back directly from the consulate... I was there for

5 days, attended the interview,,, and still they would not give it to us.. She flew back one day after I left.

Therefore, if she is still in a Manila hotel might take 3 days,, Let say interview Monday, Air21 gets the passport/visa

on Tuesday and delivers Wednesday.

CFO can take a whole day... If you do it early,,, Will still need to go back and get the stamp after you receive the visa.

Ours...

Medical Mon/Tue week one

Interview Mon week two

Visa Received Wed week two

CFO Thu Week two

Travel to USA Mon Week three

Regards,

Timeline

Daghang Salamat for all the great responses and information. I called the US Embassy in Manila today and they confirmed that we can schedule an interview appointment when we are ready.

We are looking at an October wedding, so the process went a little faster than I anticipated...but not by much.

I'm thinking if we set an interview in mid-August, then that should be ample time to get everything before flying here at the end of September.

I'm always having to look at the planning because of my work schedule. I just finished a 17-day trip to the Philippines and returned to work when I found out that our paperwork had moved on to the Manila Embassy. Unfortunately, I can't send her the needed documents until July when I return home.

I'm afraid of a similar situation as Tahoma and having to send additional papers to her in Manila. Therefore, I have to plan her interview during my time at home where I can react to whatever is needed. It's kind of like learning to juggle...:)

Thanks again for all the help and good luck to all of you.

Timeline

Hi, good day to all!

I also got some questions similar to the one above. We already got our visas, for me and my daughter. The next step is the seminar, right? Do I have to schedule myself for the seminar? Also, do I have to bring my daughter to attend the seminar? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife is from Butuan and I was wondering about this these questions as well. Thanks for asking the question and the answers given.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.