Mloda88

The second NOA1 and misspelled middle name

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello everyone,

my husband filed the Adjustment Of Status for me about a month ago. Two weeks ago I received 3 Notices of Action regarding the I485, I765 and I131. My name on them appeared like this: First Name. First letter of my middle name. Last name.

Two days ago I received another notice of action regarding the biometrics and my middle name was misspelled on it.

I called the USCIS and they said I would have to make an infopass and correct everything. So I tried but I was getting cofused. The photos and the fingerprints will be taken in Philadelphia but the infopass would be in a different city here in New Jersey. I didn't know if that would be ok with these people- you know the biometrics in Philadelphia and the infopass in New Jersey. Then I read some topics on this forum and people were saying that if there's a misspelled name on the notice of action then I can correct it at the time of the biometrics, is that correct??

Can I just simply correct it at the time of the biometrics? Will they let me in with a misspelled name on the Notice of action regarding the biometrics?

Thank you for your answers

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-10

Consulate Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-19

Interview Date : 2009-12-17 Approved!

##########################

Adjustment Of Status:

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2010-03-25

NOA Date : 2010-04-05

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-04-29

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everyone,

my husband filed the Adjustment Of Status for me about a month ago. Two weeks ago I received 3 Notices of Action regarding the I485, I765 and I131. My name on them appeared like this: First Name. First letter of my middle name. Last name.

Two days ago I received another notice of action regarding the biometrics and my middle name was misspelled on it.

I called the USCIS and they said I would have to make an infopass and correct everything. So I tried but I was getting cofused. The photos and the fingerprints will be taken in Philadelphia but the infopass would be in a different city here in New Jersey. I didn't know if that would be ok with these people- you know the biometrics in Philadelphia and the infopass in New Jersey. Then I read some topics on this forum and people were saying that if there's a misspelled name on the notice of action then I can correct it at the time of the biometrics, is that correct??

Can I just simply correct it at the time of the biometrics? Will they let me in with a misspelled name on the Notice of action regarding the biometrics?

Thank you for your answers

I had a similar problem where there was a slight typographical problem on the NOA. I called up and was told that there was absolutely nothing that could be done about it for another 45 days, minimum. I hung up and called again a few hours later and asked the same thing. This time I got a better contractor who elevated me to a woman who identified her as an immigration officer working directly for the Department of Homeland Security. That woman took care of the whole thing with a few clicks on her keyboard.

My suggestion is that you call again and see if you have better luck.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Thank You Very much for your answer! I will call them again.

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-10

Consulate Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-19

Interview Date : 2009-12-17 Approved!

##########################

Adjustment Of Status:

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2010-03-25

NOA Date : 2010-04-05

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-04-29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.