Jl_n_JL

Police certificate Japan questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to everyone. This is such a special site. I have found so much valuable information here. Thank you all for you generosity with information.

I have three questions.

The first everything I have read about applying for a police certificate at Japanese embassy in Manila, seems to suggest that one is required to bring a Police certificate police request form to the JP embassy in order to apply. However I cant find any documents, images, or even someone stating that they received such a request form. Does this form exist and has anyone actually received it, and if so could you provide information as to what it looks like?

Second, I found a document on US embassy Manila's website that is essentially a check off sheet, and shows on there the need for the police certificate.

Here is the link:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

Does anyone think that if you arrived at the JP embassy with this document, that they would accept as need for proof of needing police certificate?

Third, I found a request form from Canadian embassy for request of police certificate. Does anyone know if you took a request form to JP embassy of another country, would it matter? I mean I know the police certificate comes sealed and shouldn't be opened, but does it have Embassy specific information on it? Like does it say to US embassy or to Canadian Embassy. The source of the request for the police certificate seems trivial, the Japanese shouldn't care , I would think. Can anyone comment on this?

canadian form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/a...df/5527AB_E.pdf

Thank you so much for you replies.

INFO:

Fiance Filipina, in province of Batangas.

I've submitted I-129f form to USCIS.

Really dont want to wait an additional 2-3 months for police certificate, after waiting 5 months (0r more) to be approved.

Thanks again.

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

My fiancee just went through the process of applying for the Japanese police clearance in Manila. You are correct that you have to obtain a request letter from the US embassy first. Once you have your Manila case number (NVC letter) take that and your NOA2 to the US embassy. Go to Window X and ask for a "request letter for a Japanese police clearance". It took about two hours before the letter was ready. Take that letter to the Japanese embassy. Once there they will send you to Camp Crame (not sure of spelling) to get fingerprints. Bring the form back to the Japanese embassy and that is all. They told my fiancee it will take approximately 45 days. It is an easy process but you cannot apply until you receive your NOA2 / NVC letter.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Please look at the "About Me" page in our profile for our complete K-1 and AOS processing timeline.

AOS
Packet sent: 11 May 2010
Transferred to CSC: 08 June 2010
AP Received: 30 July 2010
EAD Received: 02 Aug 2010
AOS Approved / Card production ordered: 02 Nov 2010
Greed Card Received: 08 Nov 2010

ROC
Packet Sent: 3 Oct 2012
NOA Date: 9 Oct 2012
Biometrics: 6 Nov 2012
ROC Approved: 23 April 2013

Card Received: 26 April 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee just went through the process of applying for the Japanese police clearance in Manila. You are correct that you have to obtain a request letter from the US embassy first. Once you have your Manila case number (NVC letter) take that and your NOA2 to the US embassy. Go to Window X and ask for a "request letter for a Japanese police clearance". It took about two hours before the letter was ready. Take that letter to the Japanese embassy. Once there they will send you to Camp Crame (not sure of spelling) to get fingerprints. Bring the form back to the Japanese embassy and that is all. They told my fiancee it will take approximately 45 days. It is an easy process but you cannot apply until you receive your NOA2 / NVC letter.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I guess there is no shortcut here. Thanks again.

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The Japanese police certificate gave us so many headaches! :wacko:

In China, I've heard some applicants went to the US Embassy/Consulate and got a written request, which they sent to the Japanese Consulate. But they did this in-person. I am not living in China right now, and the US Consulate, by large, ignored my request for a written request when I emailed them. If you get the US Embassy in Manila to write you a written request, that would be the preferred route.

I've talked to several NVC operators and none of them were willing to grant me a written request. Without a written request, I had to send in an incomplete DS-230 package and wait for NVC to issue us a RFE. This route actually worked for us as we're processing the Japanese police certificate now.

NVC Journey (Concise Version; See Timeline for Full)
2009-08-10 : Filed I-130 for CR1

2010-05-28 : Flight & POE; 1st Day as LPR
2012-04-04 : Filed to Remove Conditions

2012-10-15 : Received 10-Year Green Card
2013-06-05 : Filed N-400 for Naturalization

2014-01-14 : Oath Ceremony

• 3 years later...

I wonder if this is still the procedure? I need to get a police clearance from the Japan Embassy in Manila as I lived there for 1.5 years in the past.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.