nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awesome new resource out today

http://almadinainstitute.org/audio/

Sadly I do not think they can be downloaded, which means they can't go on my ipod :unsure:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Lotsa awesome free stuff coming out today. I'll just continue to talk to myself:

http://www.mishkatmedia.com/travellinglight/broadcast/webinar/programme.html

This series of FREE online webinars will focus on Imam al-Ghazali's The Revival of the Religious Sciences (Ihya 'Ulum al-Din) and other related topics.

The webinars will be your chance to engage deeper with this wonderfully rich spiritual resource, and to ask further questions from the teachers who have contributed to the Travelling Light series.

The online broadcasts will take place each month for the next year inshaAllah. They will feature further in-depth discussion of the chosen topic for the month, and participants will be able to submit questions by email. Details of how to submit questions are included in the webinar information sent to registered participants.

Taking part in the webinars is FREE but to get the most out of them, participants are expected to have read the relevant text or listened to the original Travelling Light lesson on it.

The sessions coming up are:

Shaykh Seraj Hendricks :: Jewels from the Mawlid of Imam al-Barzanji

Sunday 12 June - 12pm PST/3pm EST/10pm GMT

More information about and recordings of the Barzanji Mawlid are available here and here.

Shaykh Seraj Hendricks :: The Courtesies of Earning a Living

Sunday 10 July - 12pm PST/3pm EST/10pm GMT

Shaykh Seraj's original lesson on this text is available as an MP3 or on DVD.

Future sessions will by led by Shaykh Seraj, Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad and Ustadh Yahya Rhodus. They will discuss and take questions on the other books covered in the series so far.

Register here for the the latest updates and programme information to benefit from this exciting series!

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

It has been narrated that the Messenger of Allah pbuh.gif said:

“There are five nights on which dua is not rejected: the first night of Rajab, the fifteenth night of Sha’ban, Thursday night, the night before `Eid al-Fitr and the night before Eid al-Nahr (al-Adha).”

-As-Suyuti

Full article bouncing around the interwebs. Find it here.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

Don't mind me, I'm just going to continue to talk to myself here.

Awesome awesome khutbah by Imam Zaid.

http://sheikhynotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/imam-zaid-shakir.html

irhal.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't mind me, I'm just going to continue to talk to myself here.

Awesome awesome khutbah by Imam Zaid.

http://sheikhynotes.blogspot.com/2011/06/imam-zaid-shakir.html

:rofl:

Would like you to know that, I did find you 2011 Ramadan Planner helpful and plan on using it.

Timeline

irhal.jpg

Timeline

A little over a month until Ramadan. Friendly reminder to start fasting a few days now so you don't feel like a truck ran you over once you get to Ramadan.

Fiqh of fasting and a link to motivational material posted yesterday on my blog.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

9821e391-0032-4d15-ba41-01b294bb32e4.jpg

Free fiqh of fasting courses for sisters from the Rahmah Foundation:

Plus, the inner dimensions of fasting.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

Free free free course on Ramadan!

Living Ramadan:

Turning to Allah Together

hr-570w-03.png

In light of the upcoming blessed month of Ramadan, Qibla for the Islamic Sciences is excited to offer an unprecedented online learning experience: Living Ramadan, a new kind of online course tailored specifically for those who want to get the best of Ramadan by learning the most practical and important points of the month under the guidance of our teachers Shaykh Hamza Karamali, Shaykh Qays Arthur, Shaykh Sohail Hanif and Shaykh Farid Dingle.

A self-paced course without exams, Living Ramadan is for those who want to master the worship and spirit of the month. It offers not just the essential knowledge of the rules of Ramadan but also addresses specific questions that are most important to our students, such as moon-sighting and Tarawih, while providing motivation with new daily content throughout Ramadan. Besides the downloadable lessons, students will also have access to live sessions.

Living Ramadan will give you lifetime access to teachers, audio and video content, as well as an expanding online community of students who gather to discuss, ask questions, and share experiences related to the course topic on the Living Ramadan Community Forum.

Due to the launch of Qibla's new website, we are offering this $60 course as a free gift to our students and online community.

Hurry up and register before Living Ramadan's official launch on Sunday, July 9th.

Further benefits:

No registration deadline;Indefinite access to recorded sessions

Get immediate questions answered before, during, and after Ramadan

Understand how to maximize your Ramadan experience with spirtual acts of devotion

Understand rules related to the validity of your fasts, I'itikaf, tarawih and almsgiving

Lifetime access to self-assessment activities

Lifetime access to Q/A services

Lifetime access to teachers, class materials, downloadable lessons & live sessions

button-goregistration.png

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Free free free course on Ramadan!

Living Ramadan:

Turning to Allah Together

hr-570w-03.png

In light of the upcoming blessed month of Ramadan, Qibla for the Islamic Sciences is excited to offer an unprecedented online learning experience: Living Ramadan, a new kind of online course tailored specifically for those who want to get the best of Ramadan by learning the most practical and important points of the month under the guidance of our teachers Shaykh Hamza Karamali, Shaykh Qays Arthur, Shaykh Sohail Hanif and Shaykh Farid Dingle.

A self-paced course without exams, Living Ramadan is for those who want to master the worship and spirit of the month. It offers not just the essential knowledge of the rules of Ramadan but also addresses specific questions that are most important to our students, such as moon-sighting and Tarawih, while providing motivation with new daily content throughout Ramadan. Besides the downloadable lessons, students will also have access to live sessions.

Living Ramadan will give you lifetime access to teachers, audio and video content, as well as an expanding online community of students who gather to discuss, ask questions, and share experiences related to the course topic on the Living Ramadan Community Forum.

Due to the launch of Qibla's new website, we are offering this $60 course as a free gift to our students and online community.

Hurry up and register before Living Ramadan's official launch on Sunday, July 9th.

Further benefits:

No registration deadline;Indefinite access to recorded sessions

Get immediate questions answered before, during, and after Ramadan

Understand how to maximize your Ramadan experience with spirtual acts of devotion

Understand rules related to the validity of your fasts, I'itikaf, tarawih and almsgiving

Lifetime access to self-assessment activities

Lifetime access to Q/A services

Lifetime access to teachers, class materials, downloadable lessons & live sessions

button-goregistration.png

I just signed my hubby and i up!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.