DD2004

Anyone know how being classified as TB Class B2 affects the K1 visa process

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all recently had my medical at London KB Dr's and a few scars showed up on the x-ray the quack in charge of the exam said it could be suggestive of inactive TB and as no symptoms of TB were present stated on the report form as Class B2 clinically inactive , with no further action necessary. What id like to know is just how this will affect my K1 visa application

as class B2 is non contagious and therefore won't render u ineligable for a visa or to travel to the USA.

But is a I-601 waiver still required ? The Medical took place Dec 13th and as yet there is still no word of an interview date.

Answers appreciated please.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all recently had my medical at London KB Dr's and a few scars showed up on the x-ray the quack in charge of the exam said it could be suggestive of inactive TB and as no symptoms of TB were present stated on the report form as Class B2 clinically inactive , with no further action necessary. What id like to know is just how this will affect my K1 visa application

as class B2 is non contagious and therefore won't render u ineligable for a visa or to travel to the USA.

But is a I-601 waiver still required ? The Medical took place Dec 13th and as yet there is still no word of an interview date.

Was your Tb skin test negative? Have you had a quantiferon gold test for Tb (which is a blood test that is more accurate than the skin test) Were you ever treated for Tb in the past? How do you know the "scars" on the xray indicate Tb? If your skin test and a QFT are negative, I'd get a 2nd opinion for your chest xray because it's most likely not Tb.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

CDC IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS: Technical Instructions for Tuberculosis Screening and Treatment 2007

Tuberculosis Screening Report and Travel Clearance:

1. The evaluation is complete when all required aspects of the medical examination have been completed, including final report of culture results, and the applicant can be assigned a Tuberculosis Classification.

2. Travel clearances are valid for 6 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who have no Tuberculosis Classification or only Class B2 TB or Class B3 TB and who do not have HIV infection.

3. Travel clearances are valid for 3 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who are Class B1 TB, Pulmonary or Class B1 TB, Extrapulmonary or who have HIV infection.
  4. Applicants not traveling within the clearance period will need to restart the tuberculosis screening process.

5. Any applicant diagnosed with pulmonary or laryngeal tuberculosis who needs treatment is not cleared for travel until completion of successful treatment, regardless of the diagnostic criteria.

It is important that tuberculosis disease be correctly diagnosed among applicants for U.S. immigration. Correct diagnosis of tuberculosis will ensure that applicants with tuberculosis disease receive correct treatment, reduce further spread of the disease, and reduce the likelihood of treating applicants who do not have the disease, thus unnecessarily delaying their immigration.

Regarding TB SKIN TEST: TB Skin test may not be that reliable especially for those that have childhood BCG vaccine as this may cause "Flase positive" result. TB Skin Test will only prove that you had been exposed and not necessarily means that you are active for TB.

Panel Physicians can make recommendations/remarks and it is up to the CO (Consul) to make decision to grant or not to grant visa to an applicant. But usually (especially in the Philippines, but not a generalization), in this case category, the applicant can be granted the visa and "may" however be advise to have further check-ups or follow-ups (if warranted) in the U.S. For those that have an Active TB Disease, they will have to be treated for a minimum of 6 months, after which a re-evaluation will be done and if found negative, then they are granted the visa.

Good luck with your case.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi thanks for the replies, since posting Ive recieved my interview date later this month. to answer the first reply

No further tests were done during the panel medical , just a recommendation that the chest radiograph showed scarring that COULD be suggestive of TB non active , and possibly old, but on examination there were no collaborating symptoms to suggest TB , classification was based solely on the chest radiograph and the forms marked Class B2 non active tb with recommendation of future follow up to verify. Bit at the panel stage no further action was necessary. So no further tests wre done or askd for no skin test or anything else which would have proved futile anyway as Ive had a BCG in my youth so it would read positive anyways. So again thanks for replying and I'll find out what givs later on this month.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi thanks for the replies, since posting Ive recieved my interview date later this month. to answer the first reply

No further tests were done during the panel medical , just a recommendation that the chest radiograph showed scarring that COULD be suggestive of TB non active , and possibly old, but on examination there were no collaborating symptoms to suggest TB , classification was based solely on the chest radiograph and the forms marked Class B2 non active tb with recommendation of future follow up to verify. Bit at the panel stage no further action was necessary. So no further tests wre done or askd for no skin test or anything else which would have proved futile anyway as Ive had a BCG in my youth so it would read positive anyways. So again thanks for replying and I'll find out what givs later on this month.

Hello!

My fiance is in a similar situation as yours. A routine chest x-ray showed some scarring but he was never diagnosed with TB. He did have BCG vaccine when he was younger, and past sputum exams (most recent one this week) showed no evidence of actual TB. His consular interview in Manila is May 12, and he is going to St. Lukes on April 29 (bringing his sputum result and chest x-ray). My question is, how did the panel physician's finding affect your consular interview? I hope that you had your visa granted and that all went well!

Please share with us your experience regarding this particular issue, and please let us know if we need to prepare a waiver just in case. Thank you!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi my son had the tb skin test and got some swelling so that indicates the he was exposed to tb. my questions is: Does st luke give you the test results before you go on you interview?

Hello!

My fiance is in a similar situation as yours. A routine chest x-ray showed some scarring but he was never diagnosed with TB. He did have BCG vaccine when he was younger, and past sputum exams (most recent one this week) showed no evidence of actual TB. His consular interview in Manila is May 12, and he is going to St. Lukes on April 29 (bringing his sputum result and chest x-ray). My question is, how did the panel physician's finding affect your consular interview? I hope that you had your visa granted and that all went well!

Please share with us your experience regarding this particular issue, and please let us know if we need to prepare a waiver just in case. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJ

Does anyone know about (TB in the neck) my lungs is clear and my doctor told me that it is NOT contagious , anyone know if this is a BIG problem for securing my K3 visa, i am worried that maybe they will denied my visa because of this condition. currently i am waiting for my packet 3.

thanks

sagi

quote name='UggenBen' date='May 1 2008, 05:53 AM' post='1804747']

Hi my son had the tb skin test and got some swelling so that indicates the he was exposed to tb. my questions is: Does st luke give you the test results before you go on you interview?

If you show signs of TB on the CXRs then they will give a 3 day sputum test. No interview until they get results.

How old is your son?

Have your SLEC medical at least a couple weeks early.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.