|Hong Kong, China|| Review on March 17, 2023:|
|Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa|
1. Queue for bags checked, turn off phone, put everything in brown basket
2. Scanning of arms and back
3. More bags check before entering
4. Take off shoes and jacket, pass everything to the guard, go through machine scanning
5. You’ll get back the brown basket with your docs and they’ll keep your phone with a number card left for you to collect when you exit
6. After that you’ll walk upstairs to second floor immigration visa room
7. An officer will check and collect docs from you for consular, he’ll ask you simple questions like where your husband? you grow up in hk? Have you visited US? Where else you’ve stayed more than 12 mths?
8. Original docs he asked for passport, hkid, 1 photo, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police reports. He’ll give you back the hkid. He didn’t ask for medical report as all have been submitted online.
9. He also collected proof of my husband returning plan
10. I was then asked to wait for consular call for interview
11. After 15mins I was called to another counter to talk to the consular
12. Have my right hand up to vow that I’m giving all true info. Then I’m asked to scan my finger prints
13. Because we have been married more than 2 years not many questions on our marriage, only asked how we met, when did we get married, where’s my husband
14. Her focus on approval was what plan we’ve made to leave in 6 mths. I haven’t started looking for job yet and my place at Chicago was bought too long time ago doesn’t count. Quotation on shipment is good to have but not convincing enough. My husband job offer letter stating he’ll start 1 Oct is good too but again more than 6 mths so not good enough. Until I randomly mentioned he’s asked to retire by his current job by 31 Aug <- within 6 mths that’s what she’s looking for, she didn’t even ask for proof.
15. Visa approved and good to go.