|Manila, Philippines|| Review on March 14, 2019:|
|Review Topic: K1 Visa|
Interview Date: March 14, 2019, 7:10AM
Case Approved: March 14, 2019, 9:10AM
My fiance and I booked a room at Red Planet Manila Bay the day before the interview. I highly recommend Red Planet since it is walking distance to the US Embassy and the rooms are clean and decent. They have good deals in their app so make sure to download it.
We got at the US Embassy around 6:30AM, a lot of people were lined up already. If you are comfortable to wait, I would highly suggest to be there at least an hour before the interview.
Once you enter the US Embassy, they will ask for your DS160 confirmation and put a sticker on it. You will undergo through some steps after some security checks.
1. Data Enty - the Filipino lady asked for DS160, 2x2 picture and passport
2. Pre Screening - the Filipino lady asked for our DS160, passport, Cenomar, birth cert, BPI deposit slip, NBI clearance and the 'DO NOT Open' folder from SLEC. She also asked what other proof of relationships we have like chat logs, receipts, pictures together. She did not take it with her but she said it might be needed for the interview.
Note: Others were asked for their I-134, we were not asked
3. Fingers scanning - The American lady asked for my name and date of birth, and to do th finger scan. It was easy
4. The Interview. - Our interview went by so swiftly and smoothly. The American consul just asked a few things. He asked who my fiance is and told him to have a seat first. I was asked to swear to tell the truth etc. After that he asked me:
1. How did we meet?
2. What is his work?
3. For what company?
4. If I am married/If he is married
Then he asked me to do the fingers scan and jokingly asked, does he speak Tagalog, does he eat balut.
Lastly, he told me he would recommend the visa for approval and he gave the pamphlet.
The process was very seamless esp the interview. I only stood for the interview for less than 2 minutes, the waiting was longer.