Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About WayTing

  • Rank
  • Member # 245166

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

183 profile views
  1. I know the idea sounds crazy. Four years in process, had to go to congressman at I-130 stage, 2+ years of administrative processing, and three years waiting for a visit visa [granted this year] and now so long after interview that medical/police certs have expired and need to be renewed. But, it seems if we do that then we'll get the sticker in the passport, and in theory can fly. However, there are some wrinkles [tax issues, current employer, etc] which make us reluctant to do so immediately. We want to delay getting the sticker, if we can, 6-12 months. We have been lead to understand that we have to "take action" for any letter from the embassy within one year, or our case gets closed. Is that correct? Or is it a shorter period, or should we call the embassy and ask? We don't want to waste the opportunity, but also don't want to create problems for ourselves with the IRS! Any thoughts?