KTMguy

AR in the Philippines?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée had her interview last month and thought she was approved but her visa has not arrived now for almost 6 weeks so now im beginning to question why its taking so long and im beginning to think our case has been put on a AR. After her interview all she was told was to pay for her visa delivery and she was not told she was approved or that this case needed further review. She thought since they told her to pay for delivery of the visa that she was approved. I never questioned her about the interview so I didn’t know the details until my trip there hoping to bring her home with me. I stayed as long as I could but had to return last week and im sad to leave her behind again. So my question is do they tell you your case needs further review and if you are put on a AR do they have you still pay for your visa delivery?

Thanks

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they kept the passport and had her pay DELBROS that is a good sign that the AR probably is only for a missing document. I would still call to see what is up

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My fiancée had her interview last month and thought she was approved but her visa has not arrived now for almost 6 weeks so now im beginning to question why its taking so long and im beginning to think our case has been put on a AR. After her interview all she was told was to pay for her visa delivery and she was not told she was approved or that this case needed further review. She thought since they told her to pay for delivery of the visa that she was approved. I never questioned her about the interview so I didn’t know the details until my trip there hoping to bring her home with me. I stayed as long as I could but had to return last week and im sad to leave her behind again. So my question is do they tell you your case needs further review and if you are put on a AR do they have you still pay for your visa delivery?

Thanks

Try calling the call center of the embassy in manila to verify your case status. Ive been put to AR also and when i called the embassy today, they told me that in their records, it shows that my case is currently being processed by the consul.

I think it would be advisable if you ask your fiancee to call them coz it will cost you more if you do the calling from the states. the tel number is 1909-1017878. Goodluck!

07.05.05 - Submitted form I-130 at USCIS in Germany

12.09.05 - CASE COMPLETED

March 27, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!

PUT On AR (Cenomar thing!)

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

April 28, 2006 - VISA DELIVERED!!!

May 7 - FLY TO THE US! YEHEY!

Timeline

Thanks Jasman but if there was a document missing wouldn’t they have asked about it in the interview? My fiancée said everything went very smooth and she had everything they asked for. She said they never really questioned her papers.

Thanks Mrs.mnez. She has called just before I left her but all they say is that it’s still in processing. At the time I didn’t think that possibly the case had been put on an AR. I want to call because she seem to be reluctant to question or press for more of an explanation. Do they charge to give info out on the number you gave me? If they don’t it's probably cheaper for me to call actually. My rate to the Philippines is 16 cents a minute. She has been calling what she calling the Hotline. I’m not sure what the Hotline number is but every call is about $6 US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

KTMguy, yes they embassy would have asked for further documents at the interview if required. U should ask your fiance' if she recieved a white paper with her pink paper to pay the Delbros Fee, the white paper would have a check mark in the "wait until u hear from us" box, or more boxes will be checked if u are on AR. I also payed the delivery fee and we werent asked for additional docs. but we did recieve that white paper and were on AR for only 3 weeks thank goodness, but yes i would call the embassy and inquire....my opinion is your on AR but its just a simple review shouldnt take much longer.

october 29th 2003 - met Jenny on my first trip to Phils.

december 25th 2003 - visited Jenny again for Christmas :-)

feburary 23rd 2004 - visited once again :-P

may 23rd 2004 - visit again 4th time, stayed 3 months with my sweetie.

novem. 23rd 2004 - visit again, stay 3 months again.

may 26th 2005 - sent I-129f to USCIS

June 10th 2005 - recieved NOA1

august 28th 2005 - recieved NOA2

sept. 20th 2005 - Manila, Phils. embassy recieves our case.

novem. 23rd 2005 - visit my sweetie again :-)

january 10th 2006 - Recieve packet 3 from embassy

feb. 23rd 2006 - interview in Manila (both attended the interview) AR!!! march 17th 2006 - Visa in Hand! yaaaaaaaaeeeeh!

April 6th 2006 - Flight to the states.

July 26th 2007 - Filed for AOS

November ? 2007- RFE for tax papers

November ?2007 - sent in Tax Papers!

March 28th 2008 - RFE for Insufficient income need Co sponsor

June 27th 2008 - Send in Co sponsor papers

July 8th 2008 - RFE for Medical (TB testing redo)

August 8th 2008 - Card Production ordered.

Timeline
Thanks Jasman but if there was a document missing wouldn’t they have asked about it in the interview? My fiancée said everything went very smooth and she had everything they asked for. She said they never really questioned her papers.

Thanks Mrs.mnez. She has called just before I left her but all they say is that it’s still in processing. At the time I didn’t think that possibly the case had been put on an AR. I want to call because she seem to be reluctant to question or press for more of an explanation. Do they charge to give info out on the number you gave me? If they don’t it's probably cheaper for me to call actually. My rate to the Philippines is 16 cents a minute. She has been calling what she calling the Hotline. I’m not sure what the Hotline number is but every call is about $6 US.

What was your AR for? I just confirmed that our case was put on an AR. The embassy just sent out a letter requesting her to go back on April 25th but im not sure why yet. Did you have to go back to the embassy because of your AR?

What was your AR for? I just confirmed that our case was put on an AR. The embassy just sent out a letter requesting her to go back on April 25th but im not sure why yet. Did you have to go back to the embassy because of your AR?

Since your fiancee was given a date to go back to the embassy on April 25th, that would probably mean she will be interviewd again by the Consul. If it's possible, call the embassy again and ask what kind of documents she could bring as additional proof of the relationship or something.

On the white slip for AR(221g), there are several items there where the CO will ask for the beneficiary to bring with her the next time she is called for another appointment. I could say it's a very good sign she's being asked to report there again. Good luck and I pray for her visa approval.

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

Timeline

Since your fiancee was given a date to go back to the embassy on April 25th, that would probably mean she will be interviewd again by the Consul. If it's possible, call the embassy again and ask what kind of documents she could bring as additional proof of the relationship or something.

On the white slip for AR(221g), there are several items there where the CO will ask for the beneficiary to bring with her the next time she is called for another appointment. I could say it's a very good sign she's being asked to report there again. Good luck and I pray for her visa approval.

Thanks Mrs.mnez

I question my fiancée about the interview last night and im back to thinking she passed the interview without a hitch and I was premature in saying we were put on an AR for sure. When I called they never told me out right that she was put on an AR and I never asked I just assummed. I now thinking something else must have come up during processing of her papers to have them request her to be asked to come back. She told me that her interview was very complete and she didn’t miss a thing. We were very careful to have everything need and made sure we had plenty of proof of everything. The interviewer even said she was very organized and very complete. The person that interviewed her took her passport and all the papers and even said.....Good luck with your new life in US when she left her interview! She was then told to wait for her name to be call to pay Delbros for the visa delivery. She never received a 221G form and she never felt that there was a problem. So maybe I was wrong saying that she left being put on AR. We had more then enough proof of our relationship too. I cant imagine that is the problem but she did have one problem at her medical. She has a bad scare on her arm from a tattoo that got infected and a very fresh one on her arm when she fell on some broken glass. The person that did her medial wanted her to come back for a mental evaluation because they feared she is violent or into self abuse! She is anything but violent so she passed the evaluation without a problem. The only other issue I can think that might make them question something is that she widowed but she had the death certificate from the NSO, pictures of the funeral and cancer that they removed from his brain trying to save his life. I would think she had enough proof but maybe they want something else for proof. I a bit confused because it sure seems like she passed without a problem and we were not put on an AR. Has anybody els

e out there had something like this happen???

Edited by KTMguy

Thanks Mrs.mnez

I question my fiancée about the interview last night and im back to thinking she passed the interview without a hitch and I was premature in saying we were put on an AR for sure. When I called they never told me out right that she was put on an AR and I never asked I just assummed. I now thinking something else must have come up during processing of her papers to have them request her to be asked to come back. She told me that her interview was very complete and she didn’t miss a thing. We were very careful to have everything need and made sure we had plenty of proof of everything. The interviewer even said she was very organized and very complete. The person that interviewed her took her passport and all the papers and even said.....Good luck with your new life in US when she left her interview! She was then told to wait for her name to be call to pay Delbros for the visa delivery. She never received a 221G form and she never felt that there was a problem. So maybe I was wrong saying that she left being put on AR. We had more then enough proof of our relationship too. I cant imagine that is the problem but she did have one problem at her medical. She has a bad scare on her arm from a tattoo that got infected and a very fresh one on her arm when she fell on some broken glass. The person that did her medial wanted her to come back for a mental evaluation because they feared she is violent or into self abuse! She is anything but violent so she passed the evaluation without a problem. The only other issue I can think that might make them question something is that she widowed but she had the death certificate from the NSO, pictures of the funeral and cancer that they removed from his brain trying to save his life. I would think she had enough proof but maybe they want something else for proof. I a bit confused because it sure seems like she passed without a problem and we were not put on an AR. Has anybody els

e out there had something like this happen???

When i talked to a callcenter operator, she said that there are times when even when a case is approved, a review could still be done. That is probably what the embassy did with her case. You can call this number 202-6631225 to verify more about your case. My husband just called this number awhile ago and they have a record of our case status also.

during her interview, did the consul ask to see the pics of her husband's funeral and his death certificate? Just advise your wife to bring again all the docs she brought along with her before, and this time, let her shove ALL important docs(whether they ask for it or not) to the Consul to satisfy their minds.

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

Timeline

Well I talked to my fiancée again last night about the interview and her medical. I found out that she did get a piece of paper from her interviewer but she did really look that closely to see if it was a 221g. It was a request for her to finish her medical. She didn’t have it at the interview. St. Luke wanted to do a mental evaluation because of the scares on her arm so they had her come back a third time instead of the standard two day. They wanted her back on the day she had her interview. They ended up having her come back the day after the interview and it was transferred the following day to the Embassy. During her evaluation she was asked if he was a Shabu (M E T H A M P H E T A M I N E) user! Of course she is not and passed her evaluation without a problem but its got me thinking that maybe this is the problem.

So my questions are.....When your at the interview do they review your medical and ask questions about it? Do they ever do drug test at the Embassy? I asked my fiancée if they did a drug test but they did not so I’m wondering if in her medical report if they document the questions asked in her evaluation and im wondering if the Embassy would ask for a drug test because of the Shabu thing? This is just my paranoid mind working on reasons why she has to go back! We have had about every problem you could believe in this process. We are over a year being stuck in this process and at this point I really hate to think about being denied!!

Thanks

Timeline

We were on AR for three weeks cause they needed a CENOMAR cert.and as u see by my time line she is just about here.

It is a long and stressful time and yup we all worry and get now here. But all seems to work out O.K.

I thought it was taking forever and now .............O my god she is just about here :dance::thumbs::jest:

Mailed I-175 .........6-23-09

Rec.NOA I-175C ..... 7-7-09

Rec. I-175 NOA .......7-24-09 Biometrics

Biometrics appt. ......8-13-09 a.m.

Permant Resident Letter 11-04-09

10 year Green card ....... 11-13-09

Sending N-400 May 23 2010

Sent N-400 9-24-2010

10-04-2010 text message saying N-400 was accepted

Biometrics .............. 11-16-2010

Interview ...................01-14-2010

Interview passed ...................

Oath Ceremony ....................MARCH 2, 2011

Mother In Law

UPS'D I-130 ................................ 4-21-2011

Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

Have you tried to call the embassy? You can try this number: (632) 528-6300

Once you get into the system select the option for knowing the extension. Try extension 5184 or 5185. The lady at 5184 was so very helpful for us, even after I yelled at her! :P I would normally call at about 8:00am Manila time and get right through. If the number is busy just re-enter the extension and keep doing so until it rings. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Well I talked to my fiancée again last night about the interview and her medical. I found out that she did get a piece of paper from her interviewer but she did really look that closely to see if it was a 221g. It was a request for her to finish her medical. She didn’t have it at the interview. St. Luke wanted to do a mental evaluation because of the scares on her arm so they had her come back a third time instead of the standard two day. They wanted her back on the day she had her interview. They ended up having her come back the day after the interview and it was transferred the following day to the Embassy. During her evaluation she was asked if he was a Shabu (M E T H A M P H E T A M I N E) user! Of course she is not and passed her evaluation without a problem but its got me thinking that maybe this is the problem.

So my questions are.....When your at the interview do they review your medical and ask questions about it? Do they ever do drug test at the Embassy? I asked my fiancée if they did a drug test but they did not so I’m wondering if in her medical report if they document the questions asked in her evaluation and im wondering if the Embassy would ask for a drug test because of the Shabu thing? This is just my paranoid mind working on reasons why she has to go back! We have had about every problem you could believe in this process. We are over a year being stuck in this process and at this point I really hate to think about being denied!!

Thanks

I have a feeling that your hunch might be true and they are going to re-evaluate her based on the scars that was seen on her during the 1st medical. During the medical, the Doctors would ask you alot of questions if you had a operation or abortion before. Tey even ask to put out both your arms to see if you have scars on your wrist, etc. About the drug test, they will be able to check if you are a substance abuser thru the blood sample that was taken from her. if she's clean from that, you can scratch it out from your list as a potential AR reason.

After her medical, the DOCs will make a final report on the patient if he/she is free from any illnesses.

So what is your finacee going to do now? Is she going back to St. Lukes?

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

Timeline

I called the embassy directly and questioned them about why she needed to come back. The gal I talked to said it was just an interview for more questioning and she didnt need to bring anymore documents. This makes me feel more positive that it was probably the mental health check that caused this second interview. The medical was the only thing marked missing or incomplete on the 221g. She had everything else to there satisfaction. Hope its that simple anyway!

What is a CENOMAR cert?

Edited by KTMguy

hi,

CENOMAR is a CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE...an authenticated certificate issued by NSO.

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.