gurdip

Any indian buddy who recently file the DCF case in NEW DELHI?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi there does any indian buddy on the site had recently file any DCF in india, I wud like to know the new rules of indian embassy to file DCF, how long you have to be residence their and how long it take to get approved yours case, and details of all the document need to bring with to file DCF, I am currently living in usa and I will going to indian in DEC or Jan so i wud like to know the procedure to file, I had K1 petition, file which taking way long I belive, so I decide to go india and married and then file, but not sure about the procedure, please help

any Indian buddy, ek hindustani hi dusre hindustani ke kaam atta hai,, sorry few indian words

thanx

gary

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

ki hal hai gurdip........

i am riz from bhopal.......according to me you should go along with yours K-1 if it will be approved even in next 5-6 months......ok i we tried to do this DCF but for that now you have to have FRRO ......registeration certificate of foreign citizens and after staying in 3 months [after the cancellation of 60 days it was 6 months stay earlier] after this stay you will be eligible to file at DELHI consulate........and then if its accepted at delhi it will only take around 45-60 days for the IV.......so you can add all the time that is after landing india in about 5-6 your wife will be US. .........ok hope its some help to you.

riz

IR5- Mother CIS (mom currently residing in UAE)

Jan 10, 2011 NOA 1 receipt

***********GOT RFE since my birth certificate was made after 29 years.********

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

NVC Case Number and IIN Received, E-mails Exchanged : 08-03-2011

DS-3032 E-mail sent by Beneficiary: 08-03-2011

DS 3032 approved 08/10/11

IV & AOS bill payed 08/12/11

NVC receivd AOS & IV package 09/12/11

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

now NVC wants to see my original marriage certificate and birth certificate.

Case Complete 10/11/2011 (NO interview in November or Dec@ ABU DHABI consulate )

VISA granted...... 1/24/2012 thank you JESUS

Timeline

yaar woh to thek hai, but is FRRO stand for? and I didnt get following sentence, can u explain me in little details please (registeration certificate of foreign citizens and after staying in 3 months [after the cancellation of 60 days it was 6 months stay earlier])?

because I am born in india, so i am indian citizen as well, will that not enough to just file, or you have to have live there 6 months now, and only after living 6 month you will able to file? or if you live there 3 months u can file? and if the landing till get case approved did all count in time limit of residence or not?

because recently my friend, who got marry in india abt 1 months ago, she land there and got married rite away and then file the case right after marry and she came back to usa after living there 2 months, and now in 3rd month her husband interview date come, so how is that all happend, if you say have to residence 6months, I am not getting anything, really so confused, alot of my friend say its take only 3 to 4 months,, even my brother go marry in india and he file after married and his wife came to usa in 3 months as well after marry.

please help out

thanx

gary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Gurdip,

well, in the past you could but starting June 1, 2006 rules have changed. and also no matter if you are an Indian Born but once you become a US citizen.. indian citizenship is automatically taken from you. The rest you can read at the New Delhi Embassy.

K-1 Journey....

05/15/2006 - Sent to TSC (Day 1)

05/30/2006 - NOA 1

07/21/2006 - NOA 2

08/23/2006 - INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL!! (Day 99)[/b]

08/24/2006 - Visa Issued......08/30/2006 --- Visa in HAND !!!

09/02/2006 - REUNITED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/07/2006 - Married

09/07/2006 - Applied for SSN

09/13/2006 - Picked-up Marriage Certificate's from the COURTHOUSE

09/13/2006 - Vaccinations DONE !!!

09/21/2006 - SSN received

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/21/2006 - Mailed out I-485 Package to Chicago.

10/02/2006 - NOA recevied

10/06/2006 - Letter Received for Biometrics

10/10/2006 - Biometric's Done !!! Appointment for Biometric's originally was on 10/14/2006

10/23/2006 - Case Transfered to CSC

10/27/2006 - Case received at CSC

11/09/2006 - E-mail recevied from CRIS saying AOS Approved and welcome notice mailed.

11/14/2006 - An approval letter mailed.

11/15/2006 - Green Card Received !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/15/2008 - Mailed out I-751 Package to Nebreska. (mail fwd to Cali)

8/21/2008 - Package delivered.

8/25/2008 - Check Cashed/Cleared.

8/29/2008 - NOA Received.

Timeline

hi gurdip

shalz is right.........starting from june 1,2006[my marriage day] rules have been changed......you know my wife came to india with 64 days leave so that we can DCF after 60 days..........but that is not possible anymore.....we even went to delhi embassy to find the actual facts and all on july 4th........

so you need FRRO and stay in india for about 3 months then you with your wife have to go to delhi consulate and file I-130.........then in about 45 to 60 days their will be interview if everything else is proper.

so what your friends said is all true.........that was possible till may 30 th...........but now not possible... even in june july some people applied with this said FRRO and got their visa......but after finding that people are just filing FRRO before the stipulated time they once again changed the rule.......so only after 3 months stay after landing in INDIA you are eligible to apply for this IV.. so all in all it will be minimum a 170 days waiting period before you get the visa with this DCF at delhi...........hope its some help to you.....so according to me stick to your K-1 and it will be much faster ok..........

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

Case Complete 10/11/2011 (NO interview in November or Dec@ ABU DHABI consulate )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Gurdip,

I would stick with the K-1 rather than going for DCF. Because, You are not even sure about the time frame nor whether they will do the DCF for sure.

I even recommended this to my cousin, who did not listen to me, and now He will have to file K-3, which takes longer than K-1.

Now, you will have to make a choice what you wanna do.

Hopefully u make the right choice and everything goes well for you and your fiancee.

Shalz

K-1 Journey....

05/15/2006 - Sent to TSC (Day 1)

05/30/2006 - NOA 1

07/21/2006 - NOA 2

08/23/2006 - INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL!! (Day 99)[/b]

08/24/2006 - Visa Issued......08/30/2006 --- Visa in HAND !!!

09/02/2006 - REUNITED

09/07/2006 - Married

09/07/2006 - Applied for SSN

09/13/2006 - Picked-up Marriage Certificate's from the COURTHOUSE

09/13/2006 - Vaccinations DONE !!!

09/21/2006 - SSN received

09/21/2006 - Mailed out I-485 Package to Chicago.

10/02/2006 - NOA recevied

10/06/2006 - Letter Received for Biometrics

10/10/2006 - Biometric's Done !!! Appointment for Biometric's originally was on 10/14/2006

10/23/2006 - Case Transfered to CSC

10/27/2006 - Case received at CSC

11/09/2006 - E-mail recevied from CRIS saying AOS Approved and welcome notice mailed.

11/14/2006 - An approval letter mailed.

11/15/2006 - Green Card Received !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/15/2008 - Mailed out I-751 Package to Nebreska. (mail fwd to Cali)

8/21/2008 - Package delivered.

8/25/2008 - Check Cashed/Cleared.

8/29/2008 - NOA Received.

Timeline

Thanx guys, so I wud stick to this K1 petition, since I heard that it take 7 to 8 months to proccess my case I was afraid, and I was looking other way to get together with my fiance. But its been 64 days now since I file and I dont get any movement on my case, so I was just sitting and watching and hoping to get moving my case soon

Hi All:

Thanks for this post. I am USC currently staying in India for more than a year and have FFRO registration etc etc. I am planning n getting married next month and than plan to file DCF for my wise in Delhi. I know new sic months reqmt and I meet this reqt since I have been staying here for more than a year.

However, my questions are as below:

- Since I am staying here in India for more than a year, currently I dont have job in US or USdollar income...and so what happens with I-864 affidavid of support

- Isn't this contradictory that they person should stay in India for six month to file for DCF and than in affidavit of support they need to show US employement and imcome and that US domicile as well (I mean a person staying in India for six months than how can he prove this ???)

Any suggestion.............

FYI...I have filed taxes regularly in US, have bank accounts, stock/broker accounts maintained in US and can show good bank balance to them (abt 200K!!)...is this enough ??

Any feedback is appreciated.......Thanks

-Raj

Hi All:

Thanks for this post. I am USC currently staying in India for more than a year and have FFRO registration etc etc. I am planning n getting married next month and than plan to file DCF for my wise in Delhi. I know new sic months reqmt and I meet this reqt since I have been staying here for more than a year.

However, my questions are as below:

- Since I am staying here in India for more than a year, currently I dont have job in US or USdollar income...and so what happens with I-864 affidavid of support

- Isn't this contradictory that they person should stay in India for six month to file for DCF and than in affidavit of support they need to show US employement and imcome and that US domicile as well (I mean a person staying in India for six months than how can he prove this ???)

Any suggestion.............

FYI...I have filed taxes regularly in US, have bank accounts, stock/broker accounts maintained in US and can show good bank balance to them (abt 200K!!)...is this enough ??

Any feedback is appreciated.......Thanks

-Raj

With $200,000 US dollars, assuming not laks Rupees :whistle: , you are pretty well off as such you should not have much problem with the affidate of support. To be on the safe side you can alsways have a sponsor

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

With $200,000 US dollars, assuming not laks Rupees :whistle: , you are pretty well off as such you should not have much problem with the affidate of support. To be on the safe side you can alsways have a sponsor

Thanks for response. Yes it is, fortunately, 200 K USD. But I wont be having US jobs at that time so that was my concern. I am not sure abt getting co-sponser as I may not be able to find it....so that was my concern...any other suggetion is also appreciated....

Also, anyone has any answer to other question such as how loing does the process take lately in delhi/Mumbai ( We are falling under mumbai jusisdiction!!!!) ??

Timeline

three months maximum :yes: .......and you will have visa in your hands if everything goes welll..........

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.