Carol&Marc

How to bring your pets from Brasil

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, lets start with the health of the pets and veterinarians.

The animal SHOULD have the rabie shot exactly 30 days or more, before the departure date. If this doesnt happen, quarantine will occur (and you will be the one paying for it). The only shot they need is this one. And dont try to do like I did: I went to the 'Centro de Zoonoses' in Sao Paulo to try to save some money and get the rabies shots for free, and for my 'almost' surprise: The Airlines companies doesnt accept, neither the Export department from the Federal Police. Which means that you SHOULD pay (unless you have a vet friend) a vet to get the shots on the animals. The vaccination sheet has to have the stamp from the vet with his/her "CRMV" number and the seal from the shot, everything signed and dated by the vet. The "Centro de Zoonoses" only gives you a paper with a stamp on it. And of course its not a vet who applies the vaccine on the animal.

Another thing you need to do with the vet is the health certifificate. Signed and dated (with the CRMV) within 7 days prior to departure date. This is when you will get the CZI (Certificado Zoossanitario Internacional), and to do that you will need the broker. Yes, lets pay a little more money!!! LOL :lol::(:angry: If the animal is 7 years or older, a detailed health certificate will be required to make sure he/she can fly. Lots of airlines are not accepting Pit Bulls and agressive breeds anymore. They are trying to make sure that the animals (and the staff at the airports) are safe, which means: they dont want anyone to sue them again.

I paid R$60 for each pet of mine, to get the rabie shot and the certificate.

THE KENNEL

You guys probably heard a lot about it alredy but just to remind: preferable a kennel with with all the 4 sides with holes for the air flow. If just the 3 sides, its fine too. Because its an international flight, they ask for a cage bigger than the domestic flights. This means: the animal should be able to stand up and have a 2-3 inches space between the head and the top of the cage; should be able to lay down in the normal position (dont consider that circle/ball position) and should be able to turn around inside the cage. By now, you will see that the kennel will be bigger than you imagine. The animal CANNOT be able put any part of the body out of the holes of the kennel (eg: fingers, nose...), so the holes cannot be too big.

Unfortunately, I didnt find ANY brazilian manufactured cage who met the requirements from the airlines, and because of that I got the imported ones (from USA, of course!!!) because I didnt want to take the risk and they not let my dogs fly because of a fu..... cage!!! :angry:

I searched like crazy with manufacturer and importer companies to get a discount for the 3 cages and ended up finding out was cheaper to buy at Cobasi. The brand was VariKennel (Petmate) and I paid for the #300 R$270 and in USA is so much cheaper (around US$50-70). The #100 (for my cat) was R$120 (US$20 in USA). Nessa: ask Charles to bring the cage with him when he comes to Brasil!!! Will save you alot of money! I wanted to cry when I saw the prices... :cry:

The best brands I found was Gulliver and VariKennel, being the last one the cheapest. Here theres some links that sells kennels online for everywhere in Brasil (the prices are high):

Virtual Pet

Meu Amigo Pet

Pet Super Market

Please, never try to buy this one. I saw it at Cobasi and the quality is really awful: thin plastic, the door has big holes and barely stay closed.

I also reccomend to buy that "diapers" pads to use as the absorbent instead newspaper. I used that and you will be able to put in a blanket or a towel also to make it more comfy for the animal. Also, use that ferrets water bottles (just like the hamsters ones) to them have water all the way. You will need to enclose a pack of dried food too.

Dont forget to put ALL the information about you and the animal, including phones # from Brasil and USA destination on the animals collar tag. The airline will provide all the stickers to the cage (just check if the info on the stickers are correct b4 putting them on the cage). They didnt let me leave their toys inside the kennel except for the 'leather bones'.

Also, I searched about renting the cages but just to send them back would be lots of money and is not worth it.

THE BROKER AND THE AIRLINE

So, by the time, I "thought" that I was going to spend just US$100 more per pet. WRONG!

Continental just informed me all the procedure AFTER I gave them my flight confirmation # (And I called them many times before booking the flight). They gave me 3-4 phone numbers with THEIR approved brokers. You call them and THEN you will understand what you should do. I tried to find information about it because I wanted to do the papers by myself and found that our brazilian government requires the broker to import/export transactions. Soooooooooooooo, now I had to pay the flight for the airline, the fee for the broker and of course a good amount for the Federal police department. Like always, a little more stealing will not hurt anyone, right??? :dead::protest::ranting:

As you can see in my picture below, US$627 was for Continental. They charge per kilos/pounds (You need to weight each animal with their cage. Now imagine me in the drugstore with 3 cages!) and my total was 31,5 kilos which means US$19,90 per kilo. This is the REAL price for the pet's flight.

The US$134,45 went to the Continental because of a connection in my flight. They explain that this money will be used for immigration customers fee, vets (if needed), cleaning the cage and walking and feeding the animal. BULL $HIT!!! My pets never got outside the cage (I went to the room where they were in Newark) and were not even checked by a vet!!! At least I was able to see them and give some water (which the staff was doing), and of course they didnt eat nothing. The cat didnt even touched the water.

The US$85 was for the broker/agent who made a US$5 discount for me (=US$30 per animal), due to the papers arrangement.

So, I reccomend this agency Seair World. Call and talk to Shirlei. She was very patient with me (Dang, I was very pissed and asking all kinds of questions). And of course, they were the cheapest broker.

The total was US$846! I could not believe I was going to pay more than my own flight (US$730)!!!

Besides that, Continental is one of the airlines who you (Actually your pet) will not have restrictions about weather (too cold or too hot): they have their own little climatized trucks to transport the animals around the airport, plus climatized cabins in the plane (No, they dont go with the luggage).

THE TRIP

After all the frustration and madness, plus all papers and documentation, the agent will tell you how to do the things.

Because of the lazy Federal Police, who checks the animals b4 getting out of the country, you need to check in the animals at the Continental cargo department in the SP Int Airport at 3PM!!! Yes, 3 PM!!! They work until 5PM but you need to be there at 3 to process the documentation. I was mad when I got this info. My flight was almost midnight and of course, a long flight with connection and I wanted to minimize the pets time inside the cage and this was not possible. After you give them to Continental, they cannot get out anymore until the connection in Newark (What??? Connection in Newark willl let them walk outside the cage??? NO!!!). So, the time my pets spent inside the cage was 26 hours!!! Plus, they ask you not to feed them 6 hours b4 the flight. Dont worry about feeding them b4 checking them in, because they will wait long time inside the cage b4 the flight.

You can pay the agency (who you will pay the total amount) by deposit (1 day b4 the flight) or in cash by the pet's check in time.

Make sure they are going in the same plane as you. Continental tried to put them in a flight to Houston and another to Seattle and I said NO! For the amount I was paying I wanted them in my plane. They did change the schedule right away.

The immigration customs check will be at the final destination (which for me was Seattle). At a cargo buildind in the airport. For my 'not surprised' expectation, I needed to pay the customs in Seattle also!!! There it goes more US$30!!!

But at the end all of them were fine and now loving to live in here!!! :D:luv:(L)

Im sure I have more details that I can add but cannot remember right now, so plz ask your questions and I will probably remember more things that might help you.

And sorry for any english mispellings.

Another thing: this was my experience with my 2 Bichon Frise dogs and my Siamese cat in January 2006. Rates changes may apply, so as the procedures.

Hope it helped,

Carol :luv:

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ok this is BULLSHIT!!!! I'm really pissed.

I called TAM, my flight on oct 14 (sat) to São Paulo and they said for national flights, cwb - sp, nietzsche won't have to be sedated. All i have to do is call them when I have the dimensions of the kennel, the max allowed is 94cm x 64 cm x 61 cm. Then they'll make the reservation. The day of the flight I have to get in Curitiba 2 hours prior to the flight, with the health certificate and the rabie shot record. I have to pay R$ 90,00 plus R$ 4,00 per kg (of the animal and the kennel together).

Then I called Continental and this guy said it's complicated and I have to call a despachante (dunno the word in english), so he gave me 2 numbers. I talked to this one, the company is called Giant Cargo, and the guy I spoke said I can't fly pets on weekends because they wont ''passar na alfândega'' when they arrive in the States.

Now I've already bought my tickets and I'll get in the States on a sunday and I can't fly with my cat. I'll have to send him later. And if it's expensive already as it is to fly him with me, can you imagine how will it be to fly him alone? I'm going crazy here, I'm so mad.

This guy said he'll send me an e-mail informing everything that's necessary to fly him. He also said I should change my ticket to arrive in the states on a monday, but then again I'll have to pay a ''multa'' for doing that, plus I'd have to change all mine and Charles tickets from Curitiba to Kansas, which I can't even imagine how much that would cost.

Anyway I needed to vent, I'll find more info about this and come back and ###### more about it later.

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

Ah, thank you Carol for posting this. Did you fly on a weekend? Because I know you flew through Continental too.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

ok, Continental gave me 2 despachantes phone for me to call. Both said the same, I can't fly him on a weekend. :protest:

The second one gave me the option to fly him through TAM from Curitiba to São Paulo, and she'll meet me there, I'll pay R$ 30,00 for him to stay in their pet hotel and they'll fly him the next day, so he can arrive in Kansas on a monday.

Here's the instructions she sent me:

Esclarecimentos importantes:

- Os embarques de animais vivos desacompanhados, somente são efetivados de segunda-feira à quinta-feira ou aos domingos, já que as alfândegas americanas não liberam animais vivos nos finais de semana.

- A idade mínima para embarque é de 90 dias.

- A reserva deverá ser feita com 05 úteis dias de antecedência

- Pedimos que a caixa seja maior que o tamanho do animal,que possua bebedouro fixado na grade da porta, furos em todos os lados e não possua rodas em sua base.

- O animal deverá ter espaço para deitar, girar e ao sentar não bater a cabeça no teto.

- A Documentação poderá vir junto com a caixa(colada em um envelope),mas solicitamos que nos envie dois dias antes,via fax(11- 5032-1162), uma cópia da Declaração e do Certificado Internacional de Trânsito,para que possamos emitir aqui em São Paulo toda a documentação pertinente a este processo.

- Para a reserva necessitaremos de todos os dados do animal com as dimensões da caixa,do exportador e importador com número de telefone.

- O pagamento poderá ser feito via transferência bancária dois dias antes do embarque aéreo.

- O Acepromazina(calmante palatável) somente é ministrado com a orientação do dono do animal ou veterinário por escrito.

As informações contídas neste e-mail, deverão ser checadas na data do embarque, já que poderão haver mudanças documentais e de custos.

Custos:

Embarque Aéreo até 4,0 kgs U$ 159.00

até 22,5kgs U$ 229.00

Despesas Adicionais:

Agente de cargas R$ 398,00

Infraero R$ 29,00

AWB U$ 28.00

Fuel Charge U$ 0.30 p/kg bruto

Hospedagem em São Paulo R$ 30,00

Documentos necessários para a liberação aeroportuária :

Cópias autenticadas - CPF, RG/RNE ( 01 de cada )

Cópias simples - E-Ticket e Passaporte ( 01 de cada )

Reconhecida Firma - Procuração ( 01 via ) e Declaração ( 01via )

Para o embarque de Animal Vivo

Certificado Internacional de trânsito ( CZI )

Carteira de vacinações em dia

Atestado de saúde emitido por um veterinário(deverá constar que o animal não é portador de MIIASE)

* O CZI emitido na origem da saída do animal deverá ser o modelo aceito pela alfândega de Guarulhos e dos Estados Unidos da América.

Neste CZI deverão deverão estar mencionados na primeira folha as informações do animal , exportador e importador, na segunda folha as vacinas e na terceira folha a MIIASE.

** Importante :

Para a emissão do Certificado Internacional de Trânsito o Atestado de Saúde Animal não poderá exceder a 72 horas após a sua emissão.

Ainda estou aguardando o segundo despachante me dar as instruções, pois ambos me disseram que se eu quisesse que ele voasse comigo eu teria que mudar a data do voô para desembarcar no Estados Unidos na segunda, isso nos custaria mais dinheiro e seri bem complicado.

Ninguém merece! :(:cry:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

after reading all that.... :( I have a funny feeling that I will have to leave my baby behind :cry:

brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Timeline
ok this is BULLSHIT!!!! I'm really pissed.

I called TAM, my flight on oct 14 (sat) to São Paulo and they said for national flights, cwb - sp, nietzsche won't have to be sedated. All i have to do is call them when I have the dimensions of the kennel, the max allowed is 94cm x 64 cm x 61 cm. Then they'll make the reservation. The day of the flight I have to get in Curitiba 2 hours prior to the flight, with the health certificate and the rabie shot record. I have to pay R$ 90,00 plus R$ 4,00 per kg (of the animal and the kennel together).

Then I called Continental and this guy said it's complicated and I have to call a despachante (dunno the word in english), so he gave me 2 numbers. I talked to this one, the company is called Giant Cargo, and the guy I spoke said I can't fly pets on weekends because they wont ''passar na alfândega'' when they arrive in the States.

Now I've already bought my tickets and I'll get in the States on a sunday and I can't fly with my cat. I'll have to send him later. And if it's expensive already as it is to fly him with me, can you imagine how will it be to fly him alone? I'm going crazy here, I'm so mad.

This guy said he'll send me an e-mail informing everything that's necessary to fly him. He also said I should change my ticket to arrive in the states on a monday, but then again I'll have to pay a ''multa'' for doing that, plus I'd have to change all mine and Charles tickets from Curitiba to Kansas, which I can't even imagine how much that would cost.

Anyway I needed to vent, I'll find more info about this and come back and ###### more about it later.

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

Ah, thank you Carol for posting this. Did you fly on a weekend? Because I know you flew through Continental too.

Isn't a nightmare??? I was pissed like you too Nessa...

DESPACHANTE = BROKER / AGENT

Sorry but I totally skiped the weekends problems... Yes, they are right, theres no customs (alfandega) for the pets on the weekends. Its all true. I suggest you to do what they said: send him the day after. At least you will pay just the R$30 more than all the cancelation fees for your flights and Charles also.

I flew on a wednesday, so I didnt have this problem, but I was advised about it before I bought the flight.

ok, Continental gave me 2 despachantes phone for me to call. Both said the same, I can't fly him on a weekend. :protest:

The second one gave me the option to fly him through TAM from Curitiba to São Paulo, and she'll meet me there, I'll pay R$ 30,00 for him to stay in their pet hotel and they'll fly him the next day, so he can arrive in Kansas on a monday.

Here's the instructions she sent me:

Esclarecimentos importantes:

- Os embarques de animais vivos desacompanhados, somente são efetivados de segunda-feira à quinta-feira ou aos domingos, já que as alfândegas americanas não liberam animais vivos nos finais de semana.

- A idade mínima para embarque é de 90 dias.

- A reserva deverá ser feita com 05 úteis dias de antecedência

- Pedimos que a caixa seja maior que o tamanho do animal,que possua bebedouro fixado na grade da porta, furos em todos os lados e não possua rodas em sua base.

- O animal deverá ter espaço para deitar, girar e ao sentar não bater a cabeça no teto.

- A Documentação poderá vir junto com a caixa(colada em um envelope),mas solicitamos que nos envie dois dias antes,via fax(11- 5032-1162), uma cópia da Declaração e do Certificado Internacional de Trânsito,para que possamos emitir aqui em São Paulo toda a documentação pertinente a este processo.

- Para a reserva necessitaremos de todos os dados do animal com as dimensões da caixa,do exportador e importador com número de telefone.

- O pagamento poderá ser feito via transferência bancária dois dias antes do embarque aéreo.

- O Acepromazina(calmante palatável) somente é ministrado com a orientação do dono do animal ou veterinário por escrito.

As informações contídas neste e-mail, deverão ser checadas na data do embarque, já que poderão haver mudanças documentais e de custos.

Custos:

Embarque Aéreo até 4,0 kgs U$ 159.00

até 22,5kgs U$ 229.00

Despesas Adicionais:

Agente de cargas R$ 398,00

Infraero R$ 29,00

AWB U$ 28.00

Fuel Charge U$ 0.30 p/kg bruto

Hospedagem em São Paulo R$ 30,00

Documentos necessários para a liberação aeroportuária :

Cópias autenticadas - CPF, RG/RNE ( 01 de cada )

Cópias simples - E-Ticket e Passaporte ( 01 de cada )

Reconhecida Firma - Procuração ( 01 via ) e Declaração ( 01via )

Para o embarque de Animal Vivo

Certificado Internacional de trânsito ( CZI )

Carteira de vacinações em dia

Atestado de saúde emitido por um veterinário(deverá constar que o animal não é portador de MIIASE)

* O CZI emitido na origem da saída do animal deverá ser o modelo aceito pela alfândega de Guarulhos e dos Estados Unidos da América.

Neste CZI deverão deverão estar mencionados na primeira folha as informações do animal , exportador e importador, na segunda folha as vacinas e na terceira folha a MIIASE.

** Importante :

Para a emissão do Certificado Internacional de Trânsito o Atestado de Saúde Animal não poderá exceder a 72 horas após a sua emissão.

Ainda estou aguardando o segundo despachante me dar as instruções, pois ambos me disseram que se eu quisesse que ele voasse comigo eu teria que mudar a data do voô para desembarcar no Estados Unidos na segunda, isso nos custaria mais dinheiro e seri bem complicado.

Ninguém merece! :(:cry:

That's it... Anything that I didn't post about what they are mentioning above is true too.

The only thing different that I can see from your post, Nessa, is: the 'broker' would be paid to do all the paper work (of course you will need to fill out some forms), and this includes the CZI. Seems on their instructions, that YOU will need to do it by yourself (not sure, tho). But, because you are paying them, make them do it for you.

The broker I used made the things alot easier for me (eg: sending e-mails with all the info and forms, option to pay by deposit or in cash at the pet check in, etc...). I also forgot that you need to 'autenticar' all your documents copies... What a pain in the a$$...

I forgot also about the MIIASE part. It should be included in the health certificate by the vet.

after reading all that.... :( I have a funny feeling that I will have to leave my baby behind :cry:

Dear,

I know how complicated and expensive this sounds, but would you leave them without problems and with someone you trust??? If thats the case, go ahead... And maybe you can bring him here in the future when you go visit Brasil...

Unfortunately they make a hell for us to fly the pets, and its totally outrageous...

Bjinhos pra minhas amiguinhas,

Carol

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When I brought my 2 goldens up from Brazil on American Airlines in Rio it cost $100 per crate. They were the first one to arrive in the baggage area at Miami. and I brought them out through customs myself, it took all of 30 seconds.

It makes a difference if your going to be on the flight with them.

The short list from Rio.

1) Proof of rabies and health 30 days before flight

2) Go to the airport and get the proof of rabies and health cert transferred to the Brazil health dept Document.

3) Brings dogs with you check in, and AA takes them from there.

Total Cost: 2 Crates $200 + the per crate fee ($200) = US$400

Timeline
When I brought my 2 goldens up from Brazil on American Airlines in Rio it cost $100 per crate. They were the first one to arrive in the baggage area at Miami. and I brought them out through customs myself, it took all of 30 seconds.

It makes a difference if your going to be on the flight with them.

The short list from Rio.

1) Proof of rabies and health 30 days before flight

2) Go to the airport and get the proof of rabies and health cert transferred to the Brazil health dept Document.

3) Brings dogs with you check in, and AA takes them from there.

Total Cost: 2 Crates $200 + the per crate fee ($200) = US$400

health certificates depend on the airline - continental wants one less than 10 days old

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I spoke to the despachante that will get my cat in São Paulo to ship him and she said Continental doesn't give a size for the kennel but it can't have wheels, it has to have openings on the 4 sides of the kennel, has to have a drinking device (can't explain better in english) attached to the it, so I looked online and they cost R$ 500.00 up (pic 2 and 3 example). The one I saw at the pet store today (picture 1) is 61 x 40 x 38 and it costs R$ 117.00, but it doesn't have the damn water thingy and it has the opening only on 3 sides. Then the picture #2 has wheels so I can't buy that, oh and not counting they exced the weight limit, so again I can't buy any of those. I really don't know what to do, I'm going crazy here. :crying:

I also read on the Continental site that the holes can't be too big so he can put his paws or his nose outside the box, and the gulliver has wholes too big, so really they're asking for an impossible kennel, and it's gonna cost more for him to go than it will for me.

Then I have a lot of people here saying leave him there, but I love him, I can't leave him behind. So I really don't know what to do. This sucks :cry:

gulliver.jpg1

Gulliver5.jpg2

Gulliver6.jpg3

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Luis wanted me to bring one of my dogs, a daschund, but I told him it's best to leave all my pets behind with my mother. Things are too complicated without involving a pet. I'll miss my cats and dogs terribly but I really can't do anything else.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Ok Nessa, I'm here to help you...

The Gulliver and other brands who comes with wheels, can easily take it off. They make with wheels to help you transporting the kennel in the airport. By the 'check-in' time, you take the wheels off.

The 4 side openings is BS... 2 of my kennels just had 3 side openings and nobody said anything... My cat kennel was this one and had just 3 sides with openings.

D21801-2.jpg

The water/food dish is not a problem, you can buy it separately. I really reccomend something like the picture below, because the dish will not keep the water inside. This water bottles are very unexpensive (US$2-3). I also have a tip: freeze the bottle (or dish) with water, this way the animals will have fresh water longer.

p57279P.jpgp57277P.jpgp47538P.jpgferret1.jpg

http://www.ferret.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=6507...=Ferret%20Bowls

Really, this prices are totally insane and I wish there was someone to bring the cages from USA for me. If Charles comes with just one suitcase, the kennel would be for free when he checks in. He can bring 2 big suitcases (or boxes) with 32kg!!! So, of course the kennel would not be more than 32kg!!! And he woudn't pay anything to bring it!!! Don't you think its a good idea??? Instead paying US$200 for a kennel, US$20 would be alot better, right???

I understand how you feel and Marc was awesome, by the time, with me. He helped me to pay all this BS and never (ever) said tome to leave them behind... My family in Brasil said a lot for me to leave them, but I could not... It was expensive, but now they are here and I'm very happy!!!

Another thing: because he will not go in your flight anyway, I suggest you to check with other airlines to see if theres anyone cheaper then this... Maybe ask flipside how was his process...

Good luck!

Carol :thumbs:

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

This would be the perfect kennel: the wheels have breaks (just like the babies strollers), top loading storage pockets (for food and leash), 4 sides with openings, the water bottle that I mentioned b4 and a convenient front pull out handle. The brand is Marchioro and is made in Italy.

MRCIDHR4P-2.jpg

And here there's more information from IATA:

Container Requirements

Recommendations for shipping your pet - dog or cat

Carol ;)

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

this is the current cat cage i have. it measures the following:

maximum actual space for cat

width 51 cm 40 cm

height 48 cm 47 cm

length 69 cm 57 cm

pics of such as follows. it has openings on all 4 sides

backside.jpg

frontside.jpg

front.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well... it is decided...I won't take my baby with me :( I will leave him here...I am sure he will be fine... everybody will take care of him so he won't be alone... :cry: I didn't want it to be this way...but oh well...

brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Timeline
Well... it is decided...I won't take my baby with me :( I will leave him here...I am sure he will be fine... everybody will take care of him so he won't be alone... :cry: I didn't want it to be this way...but oh well...

Lis, if you have someone you trust and you know will take care of him then it's less bad you know? I don't have that, if I leave him here I have no idea who will get him and if they'll treat him like he deserves.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

I know how you feel Lisz, plus a pet would keep us company those first few months waiting at home while the hubby is working and with nothing to do but clean and cook. :P

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.