tigretigre

London Medical

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just got off the phone with my fella, who's back from his medical exam in London. He's pretty wiped out and feeling very discouraged.

He said that the doctor told him she was satisified that he's stable enough to pass the medical, but that she couldn't complete and process any report stating this unless she had a letter from his psychiatrist confirming it.

Furthermore, in addition to stating that my sweetheart isn't going to harm himself/others/property, the letter has to state that he won't need psychiatric treatment in the future.

#######? I didn't know that it was a visa eligibility requirement that you never need to see a doctor again. I mean, what physician is going to write a letter like that???? Is it possible that what's meant is that they need assurance that my fiance won't need institutional psychiatric care? That would make more sense, considering the whole public charge requirement. More sense than "I promise I'll never need to see a psychiatrist again."

He has a form to give to his psychiatrist requesting this letter, and requesting that the doctor fax it directly to the medical office, also sending a copy to my fiance. So he won't even be able to see it before it goes out, and make sure that it's going to be helpful. Not that it matters--they made it pretty clear that without this letter, they won't sent his exam results to the embassy. I'm drafting another note from me for my fiance to give to his psychiatrist, explaining that this letter is really important and they can't process his application without it (since this doctor so far hasn't been inclined to lift a finger to help my fiance) and telling the doctor to CALL ME if he has any questions. Yes, I am an angry Tigre now!

Can anybody think of anything else we can do to salvage this? Anything that might help? We are so tired, and it feels like the nonsense over my fiance's medical history will never end. Is this going to follow him his entire life, keeping him from doing things other people are allowed to do?

a weary and forlorn Tigre

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Timeline

Hi tigre-

I am routing for you...hope everything gets sorted soon.

It sounds like a burden, but I'm sure you'll be fine cuz it doesn seem like your fiance is ultimately inelligible for any immigration rights. I'll be watching your case to see what happens!

I have a question for you...my fiance's medical is coming up in about 2 weeks time in London also.

She got some meds for panic disorder (well...was having some panic attacks) which a doctor at NHS prescribed. The doc said was just stress/anxiety induced..that she was totally healthy...she has never seen a formal pyschiatrist or psychologist..just the GP at NHS

...When/Will this come up? I know they'll probably ask if they are being treated during the questionaire part with the doctor. It seems like a minor issue, but do you think we better get a statement from the doctor who prescribed the meds (which were only for short term - but she is still taking)....or will it be ok just to explain?

We wont lie and say "no, never seen a doctor for anything".....

I know this case is probably minor, but we're nervous and you seem to be the closest person in the boat to us.

Edited by joseph22

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
J

He said that the doctor told him she was satisified that he's stable enough to pass the medical, but that she couldn't complete and process any report stating this unless she had a letter from his psychiatrist confirming it.

Furthermore, in addition to stating that my sweetheart isn't going to harm himself/others/property, the letter has to state that he won't need psychiatric treatment in the future.

Big deep breath and read what is in bold ^^^. It's going to be okay, she just wants confirmation that what she thinks or feels is true. There have been people on this board and some still here I think though I can't recall the names at the moment, who's spouses have had major heart surgeries. They too had to provide similiar letters, and obviously there is no way one could say they would never need more medical care. All of these have gotten visas! I think what she wants is that he isn't going to go on a killing spree, and end up on a psyche ward somewhere, which he isn't and you know this, he knows it and I am sure his psychiatrist knows it as well. Just because one seeks psychiatric help doesn't make them a total loss to mankind it only makes them human and every trained medical professional knows this.

Keep that chin up the best you can, this is going to sort out, and soon you will be together.

Hugs!

Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Well jesus. That seems stupid to me. How can someone (even a doctor) predict who will and won't need psychiatric treatment? I mean, anyone - even someone w/ no psychiatric history - may need treatment in the future, for any number of different reasons. Its like they want a guarantee of something that no one can really guarantee.

But, whatever, as we are made to jump through their hoops. I hope that his psychiatrist has done this sort of thing before and will know what to say that is both truthful and helpful. Seems like quite a conundrum to put someone in - doctor or no.

When is your fiance going to see the psychiatrist?

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Bethanie, I hear you, and I'm trying to stay calm and be reasonable. This would actually be good news if it weren't for the fact that his psychiatrist is such a poor excuse for a medical professional and can't be relied upon for anything. He's also been hostile with my fiance in the past, so we're a bit nervous about what he's going to write. We just don't trust him.

As I mentioned, I'm going to write a letter to the psychiatrist for my fiance to take in along with the letter from Knightsbridge. He's going to try to get this taken care of on Monday. In the letter, I think I'm going to explain to the psychiatrist that I realize he can't guarantee that my fiance will never need mental health treatment again, and that what they are looking for is a medical opinion that he will not need anything beyond routine mental health maintenance care, such as institutionalization or long-term hospital/home care. What do people think?

Joseph22, as for your fiance, I would say that it's best that you have a letter from the GP stating that your fiancee is taking meds for anxiety/stress, but is otherwise healthy and poses no threat to herself or anyone else. This is what's recommended for anybody with any kind of health condition--diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. But I don't think shg will have any sort of problem getting a visa because of it. Anxiety disorders are as common as mice, and your fiancee has no history of harmful behavior.

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
(F) Tig know it is tough, keep as positive as you can through this. Try not to worry about what you have no control over, tough to do but I am sure it will all be okay. I was worried sick the past few days over not getting the visa and its all been fine!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

In the letter, I think I'm going to explain to the psychiatrist that I realize he can't guarantee that my fiance will never need mental health treatment again, and that what they are looking for is a medical opinion that he will not need anything beyond routine mental health maintenance care, such as institutionalization or long-term hospital/home care. What do people think?

I think that is spot on. :thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Hi hon,

Im sorry to hear about this. If you cant trust what your fiances Dr will say, why not go private like i did. You then get to see what they write before they fax it.

Take care. Mx

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, it took no fewer than three additional visits to the psychiatrist's office to prod them into action, but my fiance reported that his psychiatrist's secretary faxed the letter this morning before his very eyes.

He got to see the letter--it's not unequivocally positive, but the negative information reported isn't technically relevant so hopefully won't hurt us. Fortunately the guy did sum up by confirming the absence of harmful behavior for 2 years, and by saying my fella's mentally stable and has not been prescribed any medication for a long time. The panel physician said at the exam that she was inclined to give my fiance the thumbs-up, but was required to get this letter first, so hopefully she can now do her thing. We'll find out in about 10 days how it turned out.

Lizzie, you look beeyootiful in your wedding pics!

T

Timeline of the Tigre

Thanks for the update, Tigre. It sounds like they were being honest in the letter w/out throwing him under the bus. I think that's the best thing that could have happened. I think you'll be fine. (F)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, it took no fewer than three additional visits to the psychiatrist's office to prod them into action, but my fiance reported that his psychiatrist's secretary faxed the letter this morning before his very eyes.

He got to see the letter--it's not unequivocally positive, but the negative information reported isn't technically relevant so hopefully won't hurt us. Fortunately the guy did sum up by confirming the absence of harmful behavior for 2 years, and by saying my fella's mentally stable and has not been prescribed any medication for a long time. The panel physician said at the exam that she was inclined to give my fiance the thumbs-up, but was required to get this letter first, so hopefully she can now do her thing. We'll find out in about 10 days how it turned out.

Lizzie, you look beeyootiful in your wedding pics!

T

Tiger, i was just reading today your thread! (F)

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are up for interview tomorrow!!!! :dance: Best wishes!!!!!! Let us all know how it goes.

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Good luck hon, im wishing the best for you!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.