antda

I-751: A pound off my shoulders and a day trip to Canada…

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just to update you that I did the following yesterday (818/08), when I sent in my I-751:

1) 9am-11am-Drove 1-2hrs to Buffalo, since I had an appointment there on the same day. Funny, I found that sending in this package to be more nerve-racking than it was for the appointment that I went to, even though the appointment I had to go to dealt with more serious issues. I sent in my I-751 application and evidence (in an ACCO file folder) to Vermont (VSC), via USPS with delivery confirmation and paid $5.45, barely fitting inside a flat rate envelope. It’s an odd co-incidence that postage price was, as the application fee was $545, exactly 10x the price of the postage. “What a relief it was to have a pound (literally) of 100+ pages lifted off my shoulders!” I thought to myself after I had sent it off that morning. For more information, as to what I submitted exactly, see the following topic:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118868&hl=

2) 1pm-10pm: Since we were already in Buffalo, my husband and I decided to drive over the border to Canada for a short day trip. Besides, we wanted to go now, as I didn’t want to run into any problems later on next year on both sides of the border with an expired green card w/extension letter and an expired Canadian passport. This time around, we had no problems and no delays going over to Canada and in coming back home the USA. Going into Canada, we showed them our IDs (me my Canadian Passport and US Green Card and my husband his US driver’s license and US birth certificate), they asked us our citizenships and the purpose of our trip (to go visiting/travelling and shopping in Fort Erie, Canada). Shopping-wise, in Canada I stocked up on about 10 or so boxes of chocolate Canadian smarties candy (yes, I’m addicted to them, and I hope will last me for a long time). As well, in Canada, we ended up going to Rock Point Provincial Park (near the Fort Erie area), which we found was very beautiful to see the beach and the forests there. It took us awhile to find the park though, as we got lost many times along the way, despite having a map and asking for directions at a local gas station. The signage in Canada is just awful, in my opinion. From what I’ve noticed from my travels between Canada and the US, compared to road signs in the USA, the road signs overall in Canada are too small, too few, too inconsistent, and too non-specific. And yes, gas in Canada is expensive (mentioned in litres but equivalent to approximately $6 a gallon in Canada, vs. $4 a gallon here in the US), and I have to remember again that there is sales tax (GST and PST) on items I purchase there. Nevertheless, I still think that visiting in Canada is a great idea for everyone (though living back there is another story, as the standard of living is too high). When we got back to the US, we showed them our IDs. (me with my US Green Card and US driver’s license and my husband the same ID as before), they asked us where we were going and why (we live there, to go home), where we went to (Fort Erie, and then had to further explain that Rock Point was a park, as they had no clue what we were talking about there), and if we had anything to declare (No. Lol…the last time I declared the smarties, they got confused, so I didn’t bother saying anything this time around. Besides, do I have really have to declare smarties?). We got home at about 10pm or so and went straight to bed. What a long and tiring day!

Ant (A pound off my shoulders and now “on the waiting boat” for the I-751 to be delivered, processed, and approved…)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

By the way, I noticed too, that my last post was post #400 for me. Yippee, an upgrade to "Gold Member" VJ member/posting status!

Ant (400+1 vj posts and counting...)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! Yes, the Fort Erie area is a pretty part of Canada. I used to live in the Niagara Peninsula and visited the area often. Did your application go to VSC as well? Good luck, btw:-).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Congratulations! Yes, the Fort Erie area is a pretty part of Canada. I used to live in the Niagara Peninsula and visited the area often. Did your application go to VSC as well? Good luck, btw:-).

Congratulations.

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for your congratulations, though this is just the beginning of the story and not the "congratulations" part of it yet. I agree that the Niagara and the Fort Erie areas are a pretty part of Canada. It’s good too, that they are not too far away from where I am here in the US, so I can go and visit there again someday, as I used to visit there before too when I was in Canada. That’s interesting to know that you used to live in the Niagara Peninsula. What part of that area did you like the best? I remember that when we were passing by the Niagara area, that my husband and I wanted to get married there, but we had changed our minds at the very last minute (mainly due to immigration issues), and got married here in the USA instead.

Yes, my I-751 application did go to the VSC, just like yours did. Oh it’s going to be a long wait, indeed. Good luck with your I-751 too, Kathryn.

Ant (Waiting for the I-751 at the VSC…)

Hi Jamieswith,

Thanks for your congratulations, though this is just the beginning of the story and not the "congratulations" part of it yet.

Good luck too, with your I-751 and the rest of your immigration journey, Jamie.

Ant (Waiting for the I-751 at the VSC…)

Congratulations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.