spookyturtle

Melbourne commuters at risk of death in dodgy train

24 posts in this topic

So much for the state of the art public transportation system.

ANOTHER commuter train in Melbourne has been withdrawn from service after a horrifying incident in which a door became stuck wide open while travelling between stations.

The Herald Sun reports a photograph taken by a commuter showed passengers on the 40-year-old Hitachi train were just centimetres from possible death or serious injury.

A passenger used considerable force to close the doors, demonstrating the real risk of a fall on to the tracks if anyone tried to close them while the train was moving.

The train was recently refurbished, as the Metro train system tries to cope with booming patronage.

The old Hitachi trains were plagued by rust problems, which saw them withdrawn from service last year. But a chronic shortage of trains saw them go back into service.

Metro withdrew the train in question from service and begun an investigation.

Rail, Tram and Bus Union locomotive division secretary Brian Hill said the Hitachi trains were overdue for replacement.

"The doors should not be able to be open when the train is moving, so there obviously was a fault," he said. "They're past their use-by date - we're talking about equipment that's about 40 years old."

Metro spokeswoman Lanie Harris said all doors on the train were being examined.

"A warning device in the driver's cab alerts drivers to any open train doors, so we are investigating whether this warning tone was functioning correctly," Harris said.

A spokesman for Public Transport Minister Martin Pakula said the train would be returned to the tracks once it was tested and deemed fit for service.

http://www.news.com.au/national/melbourne-...r-1225839820838

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Is this one of those threads you apparently are not obsessed with looking at. :lol:

Out of a country you apparently have no interest in.. :lol:

Next..

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

I'm just reporting what I've read. Some here are interested.

So now you are interested in it..

I thought we already went through a direct comparison - as in, who is better..

HEAVY RAIL

Melbourne

800px-Cityrail-millennium-M32-ext.jpg

Boston

boston-t-train.jpg

Light Rail

Melbourne

yellow_tram.jpg

Boston

bos-lrt-c-line-beacon-st-stn-pax-cameo.jpg

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

So now you are interested in it..

I thought we already went through a direct comparison - as in, who is better..

HEAVY RAIL

Melbourne

800px-Cityrail-millennium-M32-ext.jpg

Boston

boston-t-train.jpg

Light Rail

Melbourne

yellow_tram.jpg

Boston

bos-lrt-c-line-beacon-st-stn-pax-cameo.jpg

You're like a broken record, repeating the same half truths over and over.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

You're like a broken record, repeating the same half truths over and over.

Yes because many of you here don't seem to get it, or assume a 'get out' response is a valid rebuttal - it's not.

Maybe I drew these pictures up myself. :lol: But hey, if a door is stuck, surely that must prove that their PT is on par with any other city right.. :lol:

Dude you need help or a life. This fixation is not healthy for you.

Edited by Booyah

Yes because many of you here don't seem to get it, or assume a 'get out' response is a valid rebuttal - it's not.

Maybe I drew these pictures up myself. :lol: But hey, if a door is stuck that must, without a doubt, prove that their PT is on par with any other city right.. :lol:

Dude you need help or a life..

No, you're the one who needs help cuz your engine ain't firing on all cylinders.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

No, you're the one who needs help cuz your engine ain't firing on all cylinders.

Whereas, you creating such threads and following me into every thread with nothing more than insults means you are 'firing on all cylinders'? :lol:

Ever noticed that you are the only one that does that?

Edited by Booyah

Whereas, you creating such threads and following me into every thread with nothing more than insults means you are 'firing on all cylinders'? :lol:

Ever noticed that you are the only one that does that?

Keep trying to convince yourself. Therapy would probably be quicker for you. You have some deep rooted issues.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Keep trying to convince yourself. Therapy would probably be quicker for you. You have some deep rooted issues.

Nice dodge, you create threads and follow me around yet accuse me of being the crazy one with "some deep rooted issues".

Funny thing is, most every member here thinks that about you. ;)

Even funnier is that it's only you who is so fixated and obsessed, that you need to create thread after post about it.. :whistle:

This is a thread about a train problem in Australia. Only an insecure psycho would turn it into something else. If the shoe fits, by all means, wear it. Keep trying to convince yourself because you can't convince anyone else. It must suck being you.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You two need to have an arm wrestling match or something and then chill with a beer after... :thumbs:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!