dillydally

important question...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello dear fellow VJers :D

i hope everyone is doing well!! :) alrighty since i am sitting here patiently waiting for an interview date (inshAllah soon) I was wondering...IF that happens...what happens next? like let us say they gave me an interview date on such and such day...would my hubby need to go ahead and do his medical...can he do his medical now...or does he have to have some sort of form with him from NVC?? i heard stories that people were given interview dates and not enough time to complete the medical :(...any information would be greatly appreciated just to be kept in the loop for those of you who have or are going through Cairo :D thanks :)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

Filed: Timeline

Cairo generally gives plenty of time to complete the physical, the police cert., etc.

Your husband can start gathering all of his info now and get his medical. The medical expires after a year so getting it now would be ok. I'm not sure when police certificates expire so you may want to wait on that. It only takes a day or two to obtain (unless he's lived outside of the country in the past few years). There isn't a form from the NVC for the medical. He can just go to any of the consulate designated doctors. I'm sure someone here could provide you with doctors' names and addresses.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would do the medical now but like moody said wait on the police certificate since that is only good for three months I think. Also, if your husband does not yet have a passport he should work on that asap. Getting the passport was the longest thing we had to wait for.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

I have the doctor's info at home, I'll look for when I get home from work.

It's somewhere here in the forums in the past month, but I really suck at searching the forum :blush:

This is all I found when I searched:

El Shrouk Hospital

Address: #5 Bahr El Ghazal St. - Ahmed Orabi St. - Mohandiseen

Tel: (02) 304-4901

Working Days & Hours: SAT-THUR From 9 AM to 5 PM

PRICE: 341 L.E. (about $60 USD)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTIONS

All immigrant visa/refugee applicants must undergo a medical examination prior to receiving a visa. All applicants over the age of fifteen must undergo a blood test for HIV. Applicants over the age of 15 require a blood test for venereal disease and a chest X-ray. Other tests may be required in certain cases. The examination process should be started at least one week before the interview date, as it can take some time to obtain test results. Physicians will refer applicants to a syphilis and HIV testing laboratory.

Please contact one of the following physicians for an appointment.

Doctor’s Name Address Tel. Working Days & Hours

Dr. Magda Ramzi Habib

Anglo-American Hospital

El Borg St.,

Gezera, Cairo

735-6608

012-4463734

Saturday through Thursday

12:00 – 3:00 PM

Dr. Amr Maher 97 Abdel Salam Aref St. Gleem, Alexandria 582-2323 Saturday through Wednesday

6:00 – 8:00 PM

Dr. Hesham El Boraolosy

Dr. Eman Roshdy

Al Sherouk Hospital

5, Bahr El Gazal Street

Ahmed Orabi, Cairo, Egypt

Saturday through Thursday

5:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Fees:

The physical exam costs L.E. 80. The fee for applicants under 15 years of age will not be more than L.E. 70.

The blood test for venereal disease is L.E. 40.

The HIV test is approximately L.E. 75.

The Chest X-ray is L.E. 65.

All fees are the responsibility of the applicant.

TO THE PANEL PHYSICIANS AND LABORATORIES:

All reports and test results should be given to the applicant in a sealed envelope to present to the Consular Section. Applicants’ identities should be verified before examination and testing, and the passport number noted on all reports.

TO THE APPLICANT:

At the appointment with the panel physician, each applicant should present the following to the panel physician:

1) His/her passport 2) 3 photos that will be attached to the report.

3) Copies of any prior medical records 4) Any prior chest X-rays

5) Immunization records. If you do not have any proof of any record of immunization, vaccines will be given to you during the medical examination and the fee for the vaccines will be at the cost of the applicant.

ear Sir,

The validity of the petition is automatically extended once the process starts. We noted your request to extend the validity. Meanwhile, your fiancé may start preparing the following:

1. Photocopy of passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2. Photocopy of birth certificate

3. Police certificate from every country where the applicant lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 (not all are obtainable or required; call us at 02-797-2201 for further information)

4. Photocopy of military certificate (for men between 18 and 50 years of age)

5. An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner and notarized before either a notary public in the U.S. or a consular officer at the embassy (this can be done on the day of your appointment).

6. Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only). Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

7. Medical exam for applicant list attached

8. Applications:

a. Two completed DS-156 visa application forms; you fill it online and print it through the link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

b. Form DS-156K; you may also print it through the link http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

c. Form DS-157, you may print it through the link: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79964.pdf

9. 2 photos face view photos with a white background for the applicant

10. A receipt of payment for the visa application ($100) from the Commercial International Bank (CIB) in Egypt.

Timeline

Good :thumbs: someone found it.... I actually think that is the info I gave out awhile ago. That last part is the email I got from the embassy as my packet 3 :D

I'm glad someone had it on computer, bc I couldn't find where I put it last night and only had my hardcopy. :o Just realized it's probably in my email!! Dooh!

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

...that's allllll the info about the interview..

...question...would my husband have to have another police certificate done?? :unsure:

and i don't understand why they're asking for all these documents again!!!!!!!!!!! once isn't enough?? :ranting: ......ahem....lol

all the best guys!!

(L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.