Cry_Tuff

Pete's Interview Experience in London

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

"Well the big day finally came. I stayed in a hotel near Victoria Station, my interview was for 10 oclock, I checked all my paper work out over and over again i gotta admit i ad 3 large files full of forms, pictures and all the rest of proof that i ad met Corissa, my woman. I left the hotel about 8.30 and arrived at the embassy abt 8.45. There you will see armed guards and about 2 long lines of people. You show your passport and appointment paper to the woman just before the lines start, I was in the line near the fence where they are doing some road construction or something. The line I was in never started moving till 10.15 (im glad it never rained, as ther are no shelters.)

As you get to the front of the line, there are 2 men who point at you to show them your passport and your interview time, then you go into security for searching.... usual checks like empty your pockets,...you place all your items in a grey tray, you then walk threw the screen to see if you have any metals on you, when you've done that they give you a ticket with a number on it so you can collect your things on the way out. I then asked the officer which way to go and he told me just go around the corner... to the steps and go threw the doors. Your then greeted with a receptionist who has either just woke up or doesn't no wat she's doing :blink: .... lol....

Typical for me I then ad to wait about 10 minutes for the silly ticket machine to start working as it had just broke when i was there... lol... Finally, I got my ticket (number 5020)then went up the steps..... threw the doors..... and then your in the waiting area. There are big screens there which call out the numbers. The numbers were at 5011 so I knew I ad a bit of a wait on.

There are window cubicles in the main waiting area....and then there are a few down a passage to the right. It got to about ten past eleven and my number was called. I took a deep breath and said to myself, "WELL HERE GOES KIK #######"...LOL.... :thumbs:

I was called to window 15 where a nice, pleasant woman was there. She asked for my finger prints and thumb prints. Then she told me to go to the next window (number 14)to pay for my visa which was £47.50.....I got my receipt then went back to window 15. The woman asked for my afadavit of support, my birth certificate, and my new pictures. I asked if she wanted the visa pictures or the passport pictures she said any will do. So i gave her the visa pictures she said thats ok. She handed over my xray picture in a big brown envelope...and said..."Now go back down in the waiting area and wait for your number to be called again." Gawd the dreaded number 5020 again grrrr lol.

I waited for my number to be called again....as soon as was sat down my number was up....but this time I was at window 16 with a pleasant man. He said said, again, fingerprints and thumbprints please sir. He then asked me how many trips have I've made to see my fiance.....and how do I keep in touch with her......Then he sed WELCOME TO AMERICA ,he gave me a form to go and pay for the courier delivery service that took about 5 minits , I went to collect my items from security.

I coudn't believe after all these months of sorting paper work out and gathering information that they only wanted to see my birth certificate and my advadadit of support. All the rest of my information wasnt even looked at!!!!! So, now after 8 long months, i can finally be with me soon to be MRS" :D:dance::wub:

FYI....POE Experience will be posted soon!! Pete arrived here the day before Thanksgiving....he thinks he still has jet lag...trying to get adjusted to the time differences, culture, etc... Otherwise, we are finalizing wedding plans..and all is well :yes:

Edited by ♥C and P♥

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

Timeline
:P suppose i should of used spell check and reread my entry first on a few spots before posting :P lol

I-129F

AOS

........ho hum....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome to the US Pete isn't the interview an anticlimax. Weeks of worrying and over in minutes

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

Lansbury..I read Pete your reply...he said , "Thank you...and...Yes...it's an absolute pi$$ take...lol"

Edited by ♥C and P♥

I-129F

AOS

........ho hum....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.