bunsk2007

Help!! I-130 returned- incomplete.

7 posts in this topic

When i saw that the US Embassy in London are now dealing with I-130's filed on Sept 18th, i was so happy because that's my date! And when the letter from the US Embassy fell on ly doormat this morning, I was thrilled- I was so sure it had been granted!

But it hasn't! Instead, they have sent a letter saying:

our application has been found incomplete for the reasons they list, and that once we have got the information required we have to 'post all the relevant documents in on submission to the London Embassy in the uK.'

The reasons listed are:

1/ I changed my surname by deed poll a while back, and although I provided them with a photocopy of the original deed poll, they are saying I have to provide a Statutory Decleration which has been executed under the Statutory declerations Act of 1835.

(We assume that means that a deed poll is not good enough and are going to a solicitor first thing tomorrow to pay for a Statutory Decleration.)

2/ My husband (the petitioner) didn't know the year his parents were born, or the cities they were born in, so he only filled in his parents names and day and month of birth. The Embassy are saying his G-325A is incomplete without his parents full details! I know he is unusual in not knowing these details but they are not close!

Anyway, we are gutted! We can get the in the next few days- asap- but we honestly expected the letter would be telling us it was approved!!

My question is this- has anyone had an experience like this when they were told they hadn't sent in everything correctly? And if so, how long did it delay everything? We are worried. Will the Embassy just pick it up as soon as we send it back in and process it, so it may only delay it a couple of weeks; or will this application be put at the bottom of the pile, meaning we have to wait another 11 weeks??

Also, should we just send in the letter with the 2 pieces of information, or should we send in the complete lot of paperwork and documents that we originally sent in?

Sob, sob :(

This was not the 'good news' we expected when we opened the letter today. I hope soemone can help, thanks.

1986-03-10 : We met in London

1986-06-30 : Got engaged! He left London to return to NY

1987-09-01 : Lived together in London while he was on student programme

1987-12-30 : Moved to Spain together

1988-06-30 : I returned to London, he returned to NY. Long distance engagement follows!

1991-05-20 : Got married in VA, US on a long weekend away!

1991-05-24 : Returned together to London to set up home here, with him on a tourist visa. Applied for residency.

1992-08-07 : He's granted indefinite right to live and work in UK.

1993-10 : Son born

1995-01 : Daughter follows.

2007-09-15 : I-130 Sent. Here begins our journey!

2007-09-18 : I-130 NOA1 recieved.

2007-11-12 : Applied to local Hampshire Constabulary for Police Certificate

2007-11-19 : Had vaccinations done by own GP- pertussis, tetanus, diptheria, mumps, rubella, measles, flu.

2007-12-17 : I-130 NOA 2 received- hooray!!

2007-12-22 : Police Certificate AND Packet 3 arrive- together!! This is quick!

2008-01-10 : Returned Packet 3 to Embassy

2008-01-29 : Packet 4 arrived

2008-02-06 : Medical at 10.30am

2008-02-11 : EMBASSY INTERVIEW!!

Filed: Timeline

Sorry about the bad news. I would think it does delay everything since your I-130 was not approved due to this lack of stuff. I think you would only need to send in the missing pieces asap, and a NEW G325A (4 copies, remember). Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Good luck, L.

When i saw that the US Embassy in London are now dealing with I-130's filed on Sept 18th, i was so happy because that's my date! And when the letter from the US Embassy fell on ly doormat this morning, I was thrilled- I was so sure it had been granted!

our application has been found incomplete for the reasons they list, and that once we have got the information required we have to 'post all the relevant documents in on submission to the London Embassy in the uK.'

The reasons listed are:

1/ I changed my surname by deed poll a while back, and although I provided them with a photocopy of the original deed poll, they are saying I have to provide a Statutory Decleration which has been executed under the Statutory declerations Act of 1835.

(We assume that means that a deed poll is not good enough and are going to a solicitor first thing tomorrow to pay for a Statutory Decleration.)

2/ My husband (the petitioner) didn't know the year his parents were born, or the cities they were born in, so he only filled in his parents names and day and month of birth. The Embassy are saying his G-325A is incomplete without his parents full details! I know he is unusual in not knowing these details but they are not close!

Anyway, we are gutted! We can get the in the next few days- asap- but we honestly expected the letter would be telling us it was approved!!

My question is this- has anyone had an experience like this when they were told they hadn't sent in everything correctly? And if so, how long did it delay everything? We are worried. Will the Embassy just pick it up as soon as we send it back in and process it, so it may only delay it a couple of weeks; or will this application be put at the bottom of the pile, meaning we have to wait another 11 weeks??

Also, should we just send in the letter with the 2 pieces of information, or should we send in the complete lot of paperwork and documents that we originally sent in?

This was not the 'good news' we expected when we opened the letter today. I hope soemone can help, thanks.

As long as you return everything quickly (just what they're asking for plus the paper they've sent requesting it after you've made a copy for yourself), it will only be a couple week delay. It doesn't go back to the bottom of the pile. So don't worry too much!

I am very surprised about the second one. It should be acceptable to not know all those details. Did you leave actual blanks or did you write Unknown or N/A? A blank space would make it less strange that they returned it.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Timeline

The reasons listed are:

Sorry to hear that. I would definitely resubmit it all again. He may have to do some research to find their birthdates tho - it also should be on his birth certificate.

You are on hold at the embassy until the documents are returned. Be sure & give them exactly what they asked for as well.

When we got our RFE, the Embassy turned the approval around in 1 day. (See my timeline in my sig!) It took me 2 days to assemble everything and we were back on track -- given what processing times for DCF were like around then, I think we didn't lose any more than 2 or 3 days.

Also, for some reason known only to the folks at the Embassy, London only wants one copy of the G-325a from each of you, not four. Who knows why? It's one of life's great mysteries, I suppose... ;)

You'll be fine. As everyone else has said, get the bits together, send 'em off (I used Special Delivery to make sure they got there as quickly as possible) and I just bet you'll be back on VJ at the end of next week or the start of the week following with some good news. Good luck! :thumbs:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The deed poll letter - Is it a long notarised letter (A4 page) stating that on this day of this year etc, you changed your name to blah blah?

I had mine changed when I was 16 and I sent this form in with my I-129F and they were fine with it?

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.