Derrel & Lai

Child on Follow To Join Benefits

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have included my fiancee's son on the K1 application to follow.

Here are my questions:

:help:

• Does he have the medical the same time as his mother?
  • Does he attend the interview the same time?
  • If he does not go to the interview, does he still receive a visa or will he need to be interviewed at a later date?
Your kind consideration in replying is appreciated.

Derrel & Lai

15 Apr 2007 - Arrived Manila for work

18 Apr 2007 - Life changed, met wonderful woman.

04 May 2007 - Work ended, return to US.

29 May 2007 - I-129F Received by CSC

06 Jun 2007 - NOA1

15 Jun 2007 - 10 day vacation to province

07 Sep 2007 - 8 day vacation to Manila

19 Nov 2007 - NOA2

14 Dec 2007 - NVC entered data MNL2007847XXX

17 Dec 2007 - per phone call, case left NVC for USEM

21 Dec 2007 - per phone call, electronic case arrived at USEM

15 Jan 2008 - per phone call 11:30pm CST (Jan 16 in Manila) interview date obtained

22-25 Jan 2008 - EARLY medical SLEC appointment

05 Mar 2008 - K-1 Interview USEM

29 Mar 2008 - Arrived DFW airport

17 May 2008 - Married, Dallas, TX

20 Jun 2008 - Filed AOS, EAD

CONFIRMED Baby due 18 Apr 2009 - Two years from meeting.

5 Nov 2008 - K-2 Visa for child @ USEM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are going to get a K2 visa for her child then he/she will have to attend the medical and the interview. My Fiance and her son were issued visas on November 19, 2007. Hers expires 30 April 2008 and her son expires 08 May 2008. She is with me now and she intends to return for him before his visa expires. If at all possible, recommend you go for early medical (you can go earlier than your scheduled date once you receive packet from embassy). Our visas were delayed due to her sons medical. If your son does not attend interview with your Fiance he will not be issued a visa.

depends on when you plan to have the child follow to join. If you plan to have the k-2 visa applied for at the same time as the K-1 visa, remember it will expire 6 months after it was issued. it cannot be extended. your fiance will not be able to travel back for the child unless she has her green card or Advance Parole.

the easiest way is for both to come here at the same time.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I have included my fiancee's son on the K1 application to follow.

Here are my questions:

:help:

• Does he have the medical the same time as his mother?
  • Does he attend the interview the same time?
  • If he does not go to the interview, does he still receive a visa or will he need to be interviewed at a later date?
Your kind consideration in replying is appreciated.

Derrel & Lai

to answer your questions,

1. yes, if applying for visa at the same time

2. yes if applying for visa at the same time.

3. no, you would have to notify the Embassy you want to schedule a K-2 interview. the visa would be applied for at that time.

on follow to join, remember the K-2 Visa has to be issued within one year from the date the

k-1 was issued.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.