KAT - BETO

I want info on official forms if they have to be translated to english even though the interview is in colombia ????

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all,

In August I sent the I-129F package and my case is still pending. I have only received the NOA1. Is it normal for it to take this long. Also my fiance has all his documents already like the birth certificate and the baptism certificate. Do these documents have to be translated to English???? When going to Bogota should he take a lot of pictures and emails and chats and phone bills pretty much all the evidence that we keep in touch and speak everyday?

This process is very stressful especially because my case is still pending. please if someone has information onmy questions can you please write back. thank you :help::help::help::help::help:

.png

.png

Timeline
Hello all,

In August I sent the I-129F package and my case is still pending. I have only received the NOA1. Is it normal for it to take this long. Also my fiance has all his documents already like the birth certificate and the baptism certificate. Do these documents have to be translated to English???? When going to Bogota should he take a lot of pictures and emails and chats and phone bills pretty much all the evidence that we keep in touch and speak everyday?

This process is very stressful especially because my case is still pending. please if someone has information onmy questions can you please write back. thank you :help::help::help::help::help:

I am realitively new here, but I think all documents need to be submitted in English. The best forum for you to inquire is in "Colombia Club" started by Peter of Miami. The folks there have much more knowledge and are very helpful in all matters concerning Colombia. Best of luck to you.

07/18/2006 Committed to each other

10/21/2006 Met Carina's family in Bogota

05/10/2007 Became engaged in Medellin

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

12/21/2007 NOA2 Hardcopy Received

01/11/2008 NVC Received

02/07/2008 FINALLY NVC forwards to Bogota! Longest month of my life.

02/11/2008 Embassy receives our case.

03/31/2008 Our Interview!!! Did I mention this is also my birthday????

03/31/2008 We had our interview and were APPROVED!

04/03/2008 Visas delivered to us in Bogota.

04/05/2008 We leave for the States. POE Atlanta.

"Give me liberty, or give me death" Patrick Henry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No, the documents he takes to the embassy like his birth certificate, baptism certificate, police certificate and migratory movement certificate do not have to be translated since everybody at the embassy is fluent in Spanish.

I do recommend that he gets his birth certificate translated in Colombia to bring to the US in case he needs it. It's a lot less expensive to do it there and he can get several copies. Also, these translations DO NOT have to be apostilled. The translator will say they have to be but it's just a scam to get more money. Just get the simple translations and that's it.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline

Ditto - for documents presented at the Consulate, Spanish is ok. However, like Mononoke said, you're better off getting all your official documents translated anyway, in case you need them once in the US.

As for the pictures.... snap away my friend: pictures are evidence of ongoing relationship - NOT the only evidence, but they do help. Besides, they're nice.

Timeline

Thank you all for your response. It has helped me a lot. I also have been saving my conversations on msn. Do they actually read everything??? and if there are private things in my chat can i black that out???

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edited by kgnj19

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We took pictures, 2 e-mails per month, and 2 chat conversations per month, along with copies of calling cards that I could get online, boarding passes, etc. The CO looked at almost every picture and read most of our e-mails and chats. I only printed out 1 page of each chat because we had been doing it for over 2 years and that would've been a lot of wasted paper. But yeah, they do read the content some times, but what can you do?

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We took pictures, 2 e-mails per month, and 2 chat conversations per month, along with copies of calling cards that I could get online, boarding passes, etc. The CO looked at almost every picture and read most of our e-mails and chats. I only printed out 1 page of each chat because we had been doing it for over 2 years and that would've been a lot of wasted paper. But yeah, they do read the content some times, but what can you do?

Diana

I just printed the email inbox highlighting all the emails and chat histories to make a 1000 page book a 20 page ordeal.

Correction on my recommendation- I did not mean English translations but rather English forms for the embassy. But honestly the ones that allow Spanish are ok either way.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.