UJCDV

6 weeks

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

It's been 6 weeks since USCIS sent my I-130 to NVC. I have not heard from NVC at all, I tried calling but cannot get through, I emailed and no answer.

I have an approved I-130 and now 6 weeks later and NOTHING.

So does anybody have any info on what the hold up at NVC is these days? I think I should have recieved my AOS by now.

Anybody?

Hi all

It's been 6 weeks since USCIS sent my I-130 to NVC. I have not heard from NVC at all, I tried calling but cannot get through, I emailed and no answer.

So does anybody have any info on what the hold up at NVC is these days? I think I should have recieved my AOS by now.

Anybody?

I think their message says to call them if you have not heard in 6 (or is it 8?) weeks - so my suggestion is to call them and talk to them, let them know its been 6 weeks and you have not heard from them - if you want to get thru on the phone, try calling the last hour of their operating hours (try between 11 PM and Midnight ET). Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline
Hi all

Anybody?

I've been keeping my eye on this link.

Apparently there was a rate increase on July 30, so the Vermont Service Center (where I filed) hasn't processed all of the applications filed just before that date (they were swamped with a bunch of applicants trying to beat the rate increase). It's possible that those same applications are clogging up the pipeline for you.

I filed August 17, but I haven't even received a receipt notice yet.

-Jason

Edited by TitanTheVice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

keep your head up.... we were approved oct 10th and nvc just got our case yesterday ...dec 3rd....it took almost 8 weeks

they are overwhelmed but cant or wont look for your case until 90 days have passed

Keep your head up ...you will hear something soon....I know waiting is the worst part.....give it a couple more weeks.

Good luck

:thumbs:

Thanks for the reponces everyone.

Yes waiting is the hard part, especialy since my wife and I are seperated due to theis whole process for over a year now. It took a year for my I-130 to be approved, I pray it does not take a year for NVC to it's part.

You would think that the government would really look at the whole process and try and streamline it or something. This entire process is making me :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Thanks for the reponces everyone.

Yes waiting is the hard part, especialy since my wife and I are seperated due to theis whole process for over a year now. It took a year for my I-130 to be approved, I pray it does not take a year for NVC to it's part.

You would think that the government would really look at the whole process and try and streamline it or something. This entire process is making me :wacko:

Over a year?? Wow that is a long time. I know it is the hardest thing to do to wait. I just gave birth to our second child 5 weeks ago and I am here in Germany with him and our 31/2 year old little girl is with my husband in the US.

Its hard, but it will all be worth it...hopefully you hear something within the next 2 weeks. Our lawyer said it takes right around 7 weeks right now.

Then call your congressman and have it expedited if you can....maybe that will catch it up with what we have been waiting for now.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.