ks1881

medical exam in jakarta

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am in the middle of collecting information in things I need to know or have if I was going for visa interview in Jakarta. I found some helpful information from VJ site but unfortunately I didn't hear anyone mentioned about how to get medical exam. If there any reader of this post from Jakarta ( Indonesia) and have done medical exam, would you please do me a favor by sharing information about what we need or where to go for this medical thing?

Thank you

Timeline

Our petition just left NVC today. Hopefully we will be receiving packet 3 soon. I will let you know what the packet say about the medical. The only info I found so far is on the following page:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...amp;cty=Jakarta

Good luck with your journey.

June 12 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Texas

June 20 2007 - NOA1 - California

June 22 2207 - Touched

October 25 2007 - Touched - Phone Call

October 26 2007 - Touched

October 30 2007 - Touched

October 31 2007 - Touched

November 1 2007 - Touched - Phone Call - They said it has been assigned to an officer on 10/29/07

November 2 2007 - Touched - Phone Call - Another person confirmed that it has been assigned or on transport to an officer but no approval yet

November 4 2007 - Touched

November 6 2007 - NOA2!!!!!

November 7 2007 - Touched

November 19 2007 - Sent to NVC

November 26 2007 - NVC Received

November 28 2007 - Left NVC to Embassy

December 03 2007 - Embassy Received

December 05 2007 - Packet 3 Received via Email

December 10 2007 - Medical Exam

December 13 2007 - Documents Screening - US Embassy - Jakarta

December 13 2007 - Received Packet 4 - Interview Scheduled

December 26 2007 - Fingerprinting

December 27 2007 - Interview

January 03 2008 - Visa Received

February 17 2008 - US Entry

March 01 2008 - Wedding Day

March 10 2008 - I-485 Sent

March 14, 2008 - NOA

March 31, 2008 - Transferred to CA

April 4, 2008 - Biometrics

May 12, 2008 - RFE - Medical

June 11, 2008 - Evidence Received - Case Processing Resumed

July 11, 2008 - Call USCIS - They said it is still in background processing

August 11, 2008 - Call USCIS - They said it is still in background processing

August - November - The only thing they can say is be patient

November 3, 2008 - Card Production Ordered

November 4, 2008 - Notice Mailed Welcoming the New Permanent Resident

Medical is pretty easy. The available doctors are on the embassy page. The cost is 600,000 IDR for the exam, and vaccines are extra, which for us was about another 600,000 IDR. You can schedule the medical as soon as you have packet 3, and you will need to wait a couple days before bringing in the rest of your documents for document inspection.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline
Our petition just left NVC today. Hopefully we will be receiving packet 3 soon. I will let you know what the packet say about the medical. The only info I found so far is on the following page:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...amp;cty=Jakarta

Good luck with your journey.

Wijaya, thank you for the information. I will save it for future reference.

Timeline
Medical is pretty easy. The available doctors are on the embassy page. The cost is 600,000 IDR for the exam, and vaccines are extra, which for us was about another 600,000 IDR. You can schedule the medical as soon as you have packet 3, and you will need to wait a couple days before bringing in the rest of your documents for document inspection.

Thank you, this is much appreciated.

Timeline

KS1881,

We just received our packet 3 via email. In the email there's an attachment with 2 physicians listed in Jakarta. We called one of them and made an appointment with him. He told us to bring all the medical forms(attached on the email) and once the exam is completed he will forward the result to the embassy. He said it will take 3 business days for the result.

Hope this answered all your question. Let me know if I can provide you with more information.

Please pray for our medical and interview.

Edited by wijaya

June 12 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Texas

June 20 2007 - NOA1 - California

June 22 2207 - Touched

October 25 2007 - Touched - Phone Call

October 26 2007 - Touched

October 30 2007 - Touched

October 31 2007 - Touched

November 1 2007 - Touched - Phone Call - They said it has been assigned to an officer on 10/29/07

November 2 2007 - Touched - Phone Call - Another person confirmed that it has been assigned or on transport to an officer but no approval yet

November 4 2007 - Touched

November 6 2007 - NOA2!!!!!

November 7 2007 - Touched

November 19 2007 - Sent to NVC

November 26 2007 - NVC Received

November 28 2007 - Left NVC to Embassy

December 03 2007 - Embassy Received

December 05 2007 - Packet 3 Received via Email

December 10 2007 - Medical Exam

December 13 2007 - Documents Screening - US Embassy - Jakarta

December 13 2007 - Received Packet 4 - Interview Scheduled

December 26 2007 - Fingerprinting

December 27 2007 - Interview

January 03 2008 - Visa Received

February 17 2008 - US Entry

March 01 2008 - Wedding Day

March 10 2008 - I-485 Sent

March 14, 2008 - NOA

March 31, 2008 - Transferred to CA

April 4, 2008 - Biometrics

May 12, 2008 - RFE - Medical

June 11, 2008 - Evidence Received - Case Processing Resumed

July 11, 2008 - Call USCIS - They said it is still in background processing

August 11, 2008 - Call USCIS - They said it is still in background processing

August - November - The only thing they can say is be patient

November 3, 2008 - Card Production Ordered

November 4, 2008 - Notice Mailed Welcoming the New Permanent Resident

Filed: Timeline

If one of these other members has not gotten it I will have my wife send me the list of embassy doctors tonite. She called yesterday and scheduled her medical for Dec 11th. I also have an email from the Jakarta Embassy that I will post here tomorrow, it is the complete list of documents needed for the interview.

You do NOT have to wait for your petition package to arrive to get your medical in Jakarta. I spoke with the consul personally on Monday. You do NOT have to wait for Packet III to get all of your documents together. They emailed me a complete packet III to Houston which I then forwarded to my wifey in Jakarta. The medical is good for a year, but they want it pretty close to the interview date which is why we waited until our hard copy NOA2 arrived.

We filled out and sorted all the documents together in October, they were checked at the Embassy (the famous window 4, that chic is ms customer service, trying to turn us away and I had an email inviting us in from the Consul dated 2 weeks before) and the clerk went through them and told us they are good to go. They also said that they will hold the medical under our NOA2 file number until the package arrives from State, I emailed our NOA2 to them this morning.

Can you tell we're impatient? Targeting Jan 23rd for US entry.

Regards, and welcome to VJ

David and Nitadyah

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

KS1881,

We just received our packet 3 via email. In the email there's an attachment with 2 physicians listed in Jakarta. We called one of them and made an appointment with him. He told us to bring all the medical forms(attached on the email) and once the exam is completed he will forward the result to the embassy. He said it will take 3 business days for the result.

Hope this answered all your question. Let me know if I can provide you with more information.

Please pray for our medical and interview.

Wijaya, thank you for the information. I just got chance to log in in visa journey today and seemed things go smooth on your side so far. Good luck to you and pray that everything will go well on visa interview also

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.