foxyroxy

phone cards

24 posts in this topic

www.startec.com

This one is nice too.. I tried them for couple a months..

And guess what.. They still have my detailed bill on their site in PDF format..

I can print them out tomorrow!! :dancing:

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello! i would just like to know if anyone here on visajourney has ever used phone cards like the pldt budget cards or phone cards in the US as proof of relationship? my fiance and i call each other on the phone using the phone cards since it is more economical. making long-distance calls is so expensive. my fiance and i communicate through snail mail, cards, and phone calls. he doesnt know how to use the internet nor does he have a cellphone. do you think the consul would accept phone cards as proof of our relationship? hope i can get your opinon on this matter guys. thanks!

Using a phone does not prove anything. There is no way to prove who you were calling. Here is a way you can save a lot of money and be able to prove who you are calling. Check out this site;

http://www.aspen-communication.com/PinoyCalls/

Good Luck.

OUR Time Line;

Nov 4, 2004 Met on YM Pool Game Chat room

Dec 30, 2005 Surprized her with our 1st meeting in person

Dec 31, 2005/Jan 1, 2006 Got Engaged

Jan 10, 2006 Had my 56th Birthday party in Philippines

Jan 11, 2006 Left the go come back Home

Mar 20, 2006 Found out Sonia was Pregnant

Oct 7, 2006 Our son was born

Nov 5, 2006 Arrived in the Philippine for a visit

Nov 11, 2006 Had our son Basptized

Nov 19, 2006 Left the Philippines again

July 31, 2007 Mailed inI 129 F was mailed in

Aug 13, 2007 Received

Sep 25, 2007 I 797 Notice of Action Mailed out

Feb 25, 2008 NAO2 has been approve sent to Manila.

Mar. 31, 2008 Made phone call about interview set dates

Apr. 15, 2008 Medical Exam St. Luke (GOOD TO GO!!!!!)

Apr. 24, 2008 Interview(APPROVED AND WAITING VISA)

Jun. 6, 2008 Finally got Visa at about VISA[/size]

Aug. 05, 2008 On a jet plane head for the Philippines to get my family

Aug. 06, , 2008 we are together again

AUGUST 19, 2008 POE Seattle, WA.

NOV. 8, 2008 Wedding

Don't you guys think its too late now?

Cause what if the interview is next month and your just doing this now?

Its like trying to convince them that you did it.. but the dates doesn't sound amusing..

I mean I am going to put myself on the Consul's shoe... I would ask.. Why are your call logs so recent? Anything older?

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its like trying to convince them that you did it.. but the dates doesn't sound amusing..

I mean I am going to put myself on the Consul's shoe... I would ask.. Why are your call logs so recent? Anything older?

I agree on her , this phone logs is kind of too late already if ur interview is on the way , my advice just bring all kinds of proof u have snail mails, cards , watever even the phone card and if they ask then explain the reason why u used that only , im sure if ur using that since then and save every card they somewhere will agree on u . GOODLUCK , just a tip just be honest and relax and answer as cool as u can coz most of the consul are looking on the way u react with every question .

Timeline

I agree on her , this phone logs is kind of too late already if ur interview is on the way , my advice just bring all kinds of proof u have snail mails, cards , watever even the phone card and if they ask then explain the reason why u used that only , im sure if ur using that since then and save every card they somewhere will agree on u . GOODLUCK , just a tip just be honest and relax and answer as cool as u can coz most of the consul are looking on the way u react with every question .

Thanks a lot guys for all your great tips. But i do think roserick and irene do have a point there. my fiance filed the I-129F last September 2007. We received the NOA1 so now we are waiting for a reply from the embassy. We have been communicating through the phone via phone cards ever since we met last April 2007. I will take your advice and just be honest with the consul. we are really trying to be more practical with our expenses thats why we use the phone cards. I just hope and pray that the consul we get is someone really understanding. thanks to everyone for all their advices!!!

Timeline
hello! i would just like to know if anyone here on visajourney has ever used phone cards like the pldt budget cards or phone cards in the US as proof of relationship? my fiance and i call each other on the phone using the phone cards since it is more economical. making long-distance calls is so expensive. my fiance and i communicate through snail mail, cards, and phone calls. he doesnt know how to use the internet nor does he have a cellphone. do you think the consul would accept phone cards as proof of our relationship? hope i can get your opinon on this matter guys. thanks!

Unless you have receipts for the phone cards in your name they don't hold much weight as people can get them from anywhere and also they don't show who you called.

Best to open a international phone account and make short calls on it for the record and use the cards for long conversations.

Oh gees, this thread made me think.. We also used phone cards but he bought his phone card thru the net when he run out of cards or calling time. but we also communicate thru snail mail, and emial as well. On my part i think its late for us to open international account since the NVC already sent our paper to the USEM im just waiting for the date of my medical and interview date.

Oh gees, this thread made me think.. We also used phone cards but he bought his phone card thru the net when he run out of cards or calling time. but we also communicate thru snail mail, and emial as well. On my part i think its late for us to open international account since the NVC already sent our paper to the USEM im just waiting for the date of my medical and interview date.

Snail mails are good, So as emails.. Start printing does emails.. :thumbs:

Tell your partner to pull the transaction from the website on where he bought em.. Print the transaction receipt..

Or His bank statements.. Proof that he's been buying phonecards online..

Edited by Roserick

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Timeline

Snail mails are good, So as emails.. Start printing does emails.. :thumbs:

Tell your partner to pull the transaction from the website on where he bought em.. Print the transaction receipt..

Or His bank statements.. Proof that he's been buying phonecards online..

Thanks Roserick...

Im preparing al lthe necessary documents i needed based on the threads of those people who've been interviewed last month and this month since i dont have my pocket yet.

Me too.. Even if I am expecting my wife's interview probably in February.. (I hope)

I don't think there is anything wrong with being prepared..

For now I'm just waiting for my Packet 3.

Good Luck to you..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.