russ

Favorite Pictures in Russia

279 posts in this topic

Now that's what I'm talking about! Tell us how you really feel, don't hold back. Welcome to the forum, nice to meet you!

I'm still not cleaning the cat #### box. And if it comes anywhere near my head, we won't have it anymore and won't have cats either. There may not even be a wife around here if that were to happen.

Although I understand what you're saying because I hear the same thing just about every single day, what you have to realize also is what Satellite (who is probably the MVP of the Russia Forum) posts on here is the truth as he sees it. He's usually backed up by factual evidence, so there's no getting around the fact that he's almost always spot-on when it comes to posting. Sure, he may be biased sometimes in the anti-Russian sense, but get to know him a little better before you start throwing stones his way. He has a right to be biased. Ask him.

And I'll even support him a little more in the aspect of relationship problems after arrival being caused by all things "Russian." Probably 75% of the problems in my personal relationship come from my spouse being unwilling or unable to accept that things are done differently here in the U.S. than they are in Russia and contrary to popular belief, we're not going to change things here to accomodate her just because she's attractive. There is a big difference in life here and life there. Just because Moscow has some rich people and there are too many cars on the road doesn't mean life is a certain way for all people. However, life here is a certain way for all people. It's busy. It's boring. It's monotonous. But, work hard at it and stay in "the system" for long enough and you will come out on top. The "system" is what's key here becuase it's the "system" that's not going to change to accomodate a Russian woman, it's the Russian woman that needs to change to be accomodated.

Satellite, along with most of the other VJ posters with wives already here and years already "served" will probably agree with me that the underlying cause of her unwillingness to adapt is the will to hold strong to being Russian and all that comes along with it. None of us are saying that you should start wearing pajamas to the grocery store so you can become Americanized but we are saying that you should start seeing that to make it here in the long run you can't just look pretty and expect to get by. It will work for a while, but it's not going to work forever and it's damn sure not going to work while you're married. Unless you're looking pretty while supporting your husband and being part of your family's system.

Things are different here. Please, stay "Russian" but don't avoid doing "American" things just because you are strong Russian woman. We get it. We like it. But please, enough already. Jump your "Russian" @$$ on the bandwagon with the rest of the girls wearing their pajamas. You can wear your "fashionable" clothes if you like. I like them too. But get in line all the same and quit telling me that you wouldn't have to wait in line in Russia because strong, beautiful woman not have to wait in line because husband or boyfriend must do his job and take care about business.

Here, we're in line together. If you don't want to wait in line together, then don't get in the line in the first place.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks NavarreMan! It's our holiday VJ tradition! :lol:

Love the head gear Jeffery!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Gentlemen,

Natalia and I have been discussing the recent posts. I have explained your words as best I could......... and I understand Natalia's position and what she would like to ask you. This is what Natalia would like you to explain. [Natalia speaking now.]

Men...... I have been reading your posts for many months now. It seems to me that one reason you were seeking russian women is that you were not very satisfied with the attitudes of american women. However, on the other hand, many of you either want your russian wife to conform to american attitudes........ or expect, with some resignation, that she will become americanized after a few short years - e.g. she will become fat and walk in home clothes outside, she will not want to care about house so much after she begins working outside the home. My question for you is this: Why do you marry russian women if you want (or resignedly expect) that she will soon become like the american women you were not so pleased with?

It seems to me like you walk around - try american women and are not happy - then find russian woman and are not happy with that. The russian woman must become more american for you soon. If you want the russian woman to become totally american in how she dresses and acts, then you should be happy with that........... but you are not.

What are your expectations? What do you really want?

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Timeline

JOKE FROM NATALIA that she wanted me to share with you:

American man: "Lena (Sveta, Olga, Irina,....) my russian sunshine , will you marry me? "

Russian woman: "NO ..... But I will always admire your good taste"

:D

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Filed: Timeline
It seems to me like you walk around - try american women and are not happy - then find russian woman and are not happy with that. The russian woman must become more american for you soon. If you want the russian woman to become totally american in how she dresses and acts, then you should be happy with that........... but you are not.

Welcome to our group, Natalia! Here's my answer:

When I was in the Navy, it was my job to learn as much about Russian/Soviet culture as I could. I can't say that I fell in love with the culture (we were in the "cold war," my attitude was one of studying the enemy), but I did come to respect the Russian people very much.

I did not set out to find a Russian woman. And I did not find a Russian woman because I was tired of American women. For me, it just happened through luck. I chatted with Nadya on the internet and found her to be very interesting and engaging. I fell in love with Nadya long before I fell in love with Russia. So for me, the girl came before Russia, and it was never about giving up on American women.

I don't expect Nadya to become an "American" woman. I would be sad if she did become an American woman. I love her for who she is, not because I want her to become something else. I have always understood that I am not just marrying the woman. I am marrying her family and her culture.

I have asked Nadya to leave her home, her family, her friends, and everything she has ever known. To ask someone to give up their life is asking so much. In return, if she wants to do things the "Russian way" in our home, then we will do them the Russian way. If she wants to hang rugs on our walls, so be it. If when you walk into our home you feel like you are 6,000 miles away from the US, then so be it! I can never repay her for giving up her life for me, but I can give her these comforts. Maybe I am slightly inconvenienced because I have to learn a new way to do something. What is this inconvenience compared to what she must go through to live away from her family?

I know she will have to adapt to some American ways. An entire country cannot change itself because of her, and I know she will understand that. She will have to learn how to drive like an American, and if she works then she will have to learn how to work like the other Americans in her job work. I don't think these are problems. But in our home and in our relationship I'll accommodate her wishes. I think it's best like this anyway. The more comfortable I make her, the less homesick she will be, and the more likely she will stay with me.

Thank you for visiting us Natalia, don't be a stranger! Пока!

Edited by mox

Timeline

When I was in the Navy, it was my job to learn as much about Russian/Soviet culture as I could. I can't say that I fell in love with the culture (we were in the "cold war," my attitude was one of studying the enemy), but I did come to respect the Russian people very much.

I did not set out to find a Russian woman. And I did not find a Russian woman because I was tired of American women. For me, it just happened through luck. I chatted with Nadya on the internet and found her to be very interesting and engaging. I fell in love with Nadya long before I fell in love with Russia. So for me, the girl came before Russia, and it was never about giving up on American women.

I don't expect Nadya to become an "American" woman. I would be sad if she did become an American woman. I love her for who she is, not because I want her to become something else. I have always understood that I am not just marrying the woman. I am marrying her family and her culture.

I have asked Nadya to leave her home, her family, her friends, and everything she has ever known. To ask someone to give up their life is asking so much. In return, if she wants to do things the "Russian way" in our home, then we will do them the Russian way. If she wants to hang rugs on our walls, so be it. If when you walk into our home you feel like you are 6,000 miles away from the US, then so be it! I can never repay her for giving up her life for me, but I can give her these comforts. Maybe I am slightly inconvenienced because I have to learn a new way to do something. What is this inconvenience compared to what she must go through to live away from her family?

I know she will have to adapt to some American ways. An entire country cannot change itself because of her, and I know she will understand that. She will have to learn how to drive like an American, and if she works then she will have to learn how to work like the other Americans in her job work. I don't think these are problems. But in our home and in our relationship I'll accommodate her wishes. I think it's best like this anyway. The more comfortable I make her, the less homesick she will be, and the more likely she will stay with me.

Kudos Mox! Excellent answer.

I can only relate from my own experience. I was born and raised in Russia. I came here to the US 16 years ago. I can tell you that I've become americanized. Not completely of course. I'm now a rather strange mix. :lol: And looking at other immigrants living in the "immigrant rich" SF Bay Area I can tell you that happens to everyone to some degree, wether they want it or not. I don't expect Elina to remain the same. I know she will adapt to life here in the US. In fact it's already happening. She's been a student here for 3+ years. I would love for her (and myself) to retain as large a part of our Russian roots and culture as we can.

Igor

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Timeline

Wow! I can't much top that Kirk! :no:

For Natal'ya, Добро Пожаловать! I can only add my personal experiences. I am one of the few here that had the opportunity to actually live in Russia for a year with his fiancée. That year proved to forever bond my relations to not only my Alla but her culture. Being back in the States, I miss Russia more than I missed America there. I felt more alive over there than here. It is difficult to put into words. The last thing I want is for my future wife to lose any of what I fell in love with. Her energy, spirits, mannerisms, relations to life, to name a few, are precious.

I remember a discussion I had with my oldest daughter last Christmas. She asked me, "How will we celebrate when Alla gets here?" This was quickly followed by, "I mean, she will stop this New Year gift giving and do it our way, right? I mean, she needs to learn to be American." I quietly retorted, No, on all counts, we will honour both traditions. It will be fun and exciting! And we will have a Russian day once a week. Only Russian will be spoken. If you can't understand, try. In time, you will. It is very important that her language and culture is never lost. It most be carried on to the next generation.

I guess the last thing I want to happen is for Alla to become Alice (an old joke a friend of hers said when we first started communicating seriously). Alla will always be Russian in her soul. I would never want that to change. And, truthfully, I don't ever see that happening!

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Hahaha....... WOWWW. I am not sure any of us can top Kirk's answer. Kirk - Can you write wedding vows also? :D Valentine's Day is also just around the corner. I think Kirk might have a market here. :thumbs:

Buck

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Timeline

:lol:

Hahaha....... WOWWW. I am not sure any of us can top Kirk's answer. Kirk - Can you write wedding vows also? :D Valentine's Day is also just around the corner. I think Kirk might have a market here. :thumbs:

Buck

LOL oh please. :blush: It was just a fancy way of saying I'm totally whipped. :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Hi !

Kirk and Jeffery! Let me hugs both you for your words while Buck does not see. :)

Thank you very much for your answer!!! I am sure that your life with Nadia and Alla will be happy and rest of soul.

Thank you for understanding , it is true - when we are leaving Russia, is it very difficult for us, and then ( first years) will be a little more difficult: without parents, job, friends without life wich was really not bad.

I am sure also that for me in USA will be difficult to got position what I have today, I know that my legal russian education and 15 years experience cost much less there. But I do not worry about job much, I already know what I will be doing and it will be very OK.

But I know that first year I will be terribly missing Russia, parents, job, friends.

My heart is in the pain when I am thinking about my parents, they are not young and not in health. I am only child. But they love me so much and let me go with easy heart - they adore Buck and want us to be together.

So what will be connecting us ( Russian women) with USA - our husbands.

Jeffery and Kirk, you are so right in your words- That YOU love your woman for who she is and you do not want change nothing in her. Buck often told me that.

I think that Alla and Nadia know that they met very wise and kind men.

Couse , I understand that with time life in USA will change us, but I hope in good side and we will add to Russian traditions and culture , your American traditions.

Igor! Millions happy days to you. . Glad to see you here. I am sure that after so many years like you are there, you are strange mix, but I hope just in the best way?;)

Slim! HI! Thank you very much for your point. :)

I am agree with something , but not with everything.

And I hope that you understand that if we have problems in the family- it is not problems between American man and Russian woman- it is problem between wife and husband!!!

It is your words: “ Jump your "Russian" @$$ on the bandwagon with the rest of the girls wearing their pajamas. “

I can tell you that my @ss is not heavy and I can jump it and fly even to the sky, but only if my Buck will enjoy to see my @ss there from the ground or behind ;) and I can do that just because I love him and not because I must “get in line all the same “. :no:

BOYS! HAVE A NICE DAY.

NATALIA

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Timeline

Natasha, (Можно на ты?)

You brought a smile to me today! :D You are humour girl for sure! :lol: You are a solid example of why we love our Russian women. So full of life and spirits!

Thank you for your kind words. You are welcome to post here any time! I think your perspective will add plenty more spice to this already nutty Russian group we have. :lol: I hope you will have a good day too. Oh, I won't tell Buck about the hug. Truthfuly, I think I worry more if Alla were to find out! :lol:

Hi !

Kirk and Jeffery! Let me hugs both you for your words while Buck does not see. :)

Thank you very much for your answer!!! I am sure that your life with Nadia and Alla will be happy and rest of soul.

Thank you for understanding , it is true - when we are leaving Russia, is it very difficult for us, and then ( first years) will be a little more difficult: without parents, job, friends without life wich was really not bad.

I am sure also that for me in USA will be difficult to got position what I have today, I know that my legal russian education and 15 years experience cost much less there. But I do not worry about job much, I already know what I will be doing and it will be very OK.

But I know that first year I will be terribly missing Russia, parents, job, friends.

My heart is in the pain when I am thinking about my parents, they are not young and not in health. I am only child. But they love me so much and let me go with easy heart - they adore Buck and want us to be together.

So what will be connecting us ( Russian women) with USA - our husbands.

Jeffery and Kirk, you are so right in your words- That YOU love your woman for who she is and you do not want change nothing in her. Buck often told me that.

I think that Alla and Nadia know that they met very wise and kind men.

Couse , I understand that with time life in USA will change us, but I hope in good side and we will add to Russian traditions and culture , your American traditions.

Igor! Millions happy days to you. . Glad to see you here. I am sure that after so many years like you are there, you are strange mix, but I hope just in the best way?;)

Slim! HI! Thank you very much for your point. :)

I am agree with something , but not with everything.

And I hope that you understand that if we have problems in the family- it is not problems between American man and Russian woman- it is problem between wife and husband!!!

It is your words: “ Jump your "Russian" @$$ on the bandwagon with the rest of the girls wearing their pajamas. “

I can tell you that my @ss is not heavy and I can jump it and fly even to the sky, but only if my Buck will enjoy to see my @ss there from the ground or behind ;) and I can do that just because I love him and not because I must “get in line all the same “. :no:

BOYS! HAVE A NICE DAY.

NATALIA

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Ha ha ha Jeffery - thank you very much, I already told that you are very wise:)) I think Alla will undertand me and will be thinking that I have good taste also, :thumbs: If not , Oh my God, I will let her hug Buck, but just like friend, in front of my eyes and not longe ;) I love him a lot for look on that longer than one minute :P

Edited by Buck and Natalia

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha Jeffery - thank you very much, I already told that you are very wise:)) I think Alla will undertand me and will be thinking that I have good taste also, :thumbs: If not , Oh my God, I will let her hug Buck, but just like friend, in front of my eyes and not longe ;) I love him a lot for look on that longer than one minute :P

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought I would sneak into this thread, too since Jason is in bed with the flu. I just wanted to say that when all of us are finally reunited again we will form great families. Not only can I see that people in this thread really love and respect their other halves and these are the main keys to a family's happiness but also we will all bring smth unique in a family: our culture, our style of life, our way of thinking. Definitely there will be misunderstandings because of differences but i'm sure that in a loving family they will be of a minor sort.

Again I want to say that Russian women won't change in their essense, we will adjust and adapt to the style of living in America but we won't change completely and that is how it's supposed to be I guess.

And Jeffery, I really liked this idea about Russian day once a week. I hope we will have the same with Jas. I just need to teach him some Russian at first. But i know that he will definitely want to have "The day of Russian Food" more than once a week.

Well, good luck to everyone.

Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.