russ

Favorite Pictures in Russia

279 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Our ladies call those "home" clothes. They use them to do chores and sleep in. It's the clothing American women here feel so free to walk around in at the grocery store. You know, those clothes our women would never be caught dead wearing in public! :lol:

The day before I left Russia last year, Natasha asked for the shirt I was wearing. She uses it now as part of her 'indoor' clothes, and as a PJ top. I didn't know that was a Russian thing!

Sure is. My girl does the same thing every time I visit. :yes:

hahaha..... true. "Home clothes" are for home and definitely not wearing in public. During Natalia's visit to the USA, she was a little shocked what USA women wore to the store...... and this was in a very upscale neighborhood. ;)

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
During Natalia's visit to the USA, she was a little shocked what USA women wore to the store...... and this was in a very upscale neighborhood. ;)
It's just that we have different priorities and values here. Most people measure "wealth or success" not by the clothes they wear but rather by the home they own and its location followed by the car they drive and concluding with the places they go on vacation and at what restaurants they eat at. Wearing comfortable clothes that aren't in style has never been a big deal. Plenty of affluent gals do that.

Russians on the other hand, generally can only "show off" via their clothes, because their cars are non-existent and apartments mostly look like lack #######. Trust me your lady will be wearing home clothes in public in no time. Just give her a few years to adjust to what is valued here.

Be sure to not wear your "street clothes" on the bed or couch either. They're "dirty!" (Not as bad as shoes, but still bad.)

We live near the university so there are a lot of young girls wearing PJs to the supermarket. It only took a few times for "Miss Hollywood" to be walking through the aisles and garnering all that unwanted attention for her to adjust to the local threads. Plus, it's just easier. Amazing how easy overcomes everything in time.

Satellite is spot-on with his "wealth assesments" on the street and the difference between here and the RF/FSU. Give it time, your girl will adjust. I use adjust loosely though.....

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

Friday night I went out with a friend from work. A woman he used to work with was visiting the area. She's originally from Uzbekistan, is 33 years old, and has been in the States for 13 years. She was wearing...horrors!!...a sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers. He was teasing her because he'd never seen her wear sneakers or a sweatshirt, and she said after being in the states for 13 years she finally just gave in.

Was really hoping to get some language pointers from her, but she was completely disinterested and I didn't push.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe it's because I was also raised with this notion of indoor/outdoor clothes, or maybe i have just spent too much time in Russia, but whenever i see girls wearing uggs/flip flops and sweatpants outside of their house i just feel like they're lazy to get dressed and don't care at all about the image they present to the world. I personally could never leave the house looking like that. It seems so dirty. Jeans and sneakers are one thing, and a lot of russian girls under twenty five or so wear jeans and sneakers just as often as their american counterparts, but please, change out of your pajamas before you leave the house! I don't think all your women will lose their practice of wanting to look nice in public. It also saves a lot of time and wear on your clothes because you don't have to launder your nice clothes as often because you'll only wear them for a couple of hours instead of all day.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Maybe it's because I was also raised with this notion of indoor/outdoor clothes, or maybe i have just spent too much time in Russia, but whenever i see girls wearing uggs/flip flops

We live in Florida. Flip flops are appropriate in most circumstances. Otherwise, no shoes at all. Most other clothing is optional as well, particularly on the boat.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline
Maybe it's because I was also raised with this notion of indoor/outdoor clothes, or maybe i have just spent too much time in Russia, but whenever i see girls wearing uggs/flip flops and sweatpants outside of their house i just feel like they're lazy to get dressed and don't care at all about the image they present to the world. I personally could never leave the house looking like that. It seems so dirty. Jeans and sneakers are one thing, and a lot of russian girls under twenty five or so wear jeans and sneakers just as often as their american counterparts, but please, change out of your pajamas before you leave the house! I don't think all your women will lose their practice of wanting to look nice in public. It also saves a lot of time and wear on your clothes because you don't have to launder your nice clothes as often because you'll only wear them for a couple of hours instead of all day.

Yeah..... I am sure that many russian women become "americanized" after a period in the USA. However, I also agree that it also has to do with the age and outlook of the particular russian woman. All I know, is that my gal will be wearing her high heels and nice clothes to the grocery store and the only way to get her high heels off will be to pry them off her cold dead feet. :yes:

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Was really hoping to get some language pointers from her, but she was completely disinterested and I didn't push.

By that you mean she was sober?

(OH SNAP!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Maybe it's because I was also raised with this notion of indoor/outdoor clothes, or maybe i have just spent too much time in Russia, but whenever i see girls wearing uggs/flip flops

We live in Florida. Flip flops are appropriate in most circumstances. Otherwise, no shoes at all. Most other clothing is optional as well, particularly on the boat.

Even in Florida i don't wear them and am always fully dressed, although i suppose it depends on your area of Florida in terms of what is appropriate and not appropriate. my sister gets yelled at every time she tries to wear her flipflops in a context other than going to the pool or the beach, and she's lived in Florida all eight years of her life. But then again I'm sitting here in my "home outfit' and tapochki...

My point was just that Russian women won't necessarily succumb to the American trend of not taking pride in their outfit and appearance because not even all American women have (although we're a rare breed..). In the New York area you see plenty of Russian women, young and old, who still dress the same way they did in Russia and raising their daughters to do the same.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Timeline
During Natalia's visit to the USA, she was a little shocked what USA women wore to the store...... and this was in a very upscale neighborhood. ;)
It's just that we have different priorities and values here. Most people measure "wealth or success" not by the clothes they wear but rather by the home they own and its location followed by the car they drive and concluding with the places they go on vacation and at what restaurants they eat at. Wearing comfortable clothes that aren't in style has never been a big deal. Plenty of affluent gals do that.

Russians on the other hand, generally can only "show off" via their clothes, because their cars are non-existent and apartments mostly look like lack #######. Trust me your lady will be wearing home clothes in public in no time. Just give her a few years to adjust to what is valued here.

O, my God, let me to be kind to that man!

Hi ! My name is Natalia and I will be honest- I was very patient of many posts wich you wrote here.

I can't undertand what You are doing here - if your opinion about russian women ( people) is not so well - try to find american woman and be happy! Where is problem here? Or you already tryed and was kick to the ### and comen here in the hope to find russian woman wich more kind to your blah blah blah?

"...just that we have different priorities and values here. Most people measure "wealth or success" not by the clothes they wear but rather by the home they own and its location followed by the car they drive and concluding with the places they go on vacation and at what restaurants they eat at..... "

How long you will be think that russian are so poor and can't to have good cars , houses,restaurants and good vacantions everywhere:

LOOK statistic:

"The Russian capital Moscow now boasts more billionaires than any other city in the world, according to a survey by Forbes magazine"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3710977.stm

It is NEWS from BBC - not mine!

Moscow now is the most expansive city in the world - I mean prises on everything here.

SO let us doing step by step - MAY be compare ?

1. Vacantions: God will not let me to lie - I have been in Creece, Cyprus, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, US, Hungary, Czech republic, Slovakiya - what about you, Guy? :whistle:

2. Apartments: I can disput with you that my apartments much better looking than yours. Because it is really look nice!

about money - for example :I leave in Omsk -city ( 1.7 million poeple population - so just 1metre of apartment cost hear 43000 rubles or 1755.2 $) and much more cost houses and VIP proparty) probably same is in the same size city in US ( i red your US's real estate magazine) Property in Moscow cost much more.

3. " Russians on the other hand, generally can only "show off" via their clothes, ....."

Russians really has much to show ( not just clothes, wich really most from Italy and France- and cost so much money wich you have never spended for yours)

Russian had great culture and education, music and arts, traditions.

and RUSSIANS HAS RESPECT to poeple.

4. I even will not try to compare your educations and my - no doubts, or if I am even wrong- sorry- but your maners tells about that;

5. About cars - come to us at noon - and will stay on the traffic about 2 hours, my Legal Company is situated in the center of the city and my staff is not happy with that, couse spends much time at the way.

6. I even will not tell about russian restaurants - I can compary with many - (Italy, France, Germany...) - here - good food , good show, nice dancing.

And now about russian women and clothes.

YES it is 100% true that russian women likes and try looking very nice and their clothes is perfect!

When I was little girl my Mom always told me: " Nata, even at home you must looking nice,I even does not tell about outside, it is mostly - for you and for husband wich will be look on your with pleasure in his eyes and will be proud of you". MY Mom now is 65 years old, my Dad still loves her very much and Buck could to see that, she had few terrible years of Chemical therapy and radiation therapy( cancer), she has not breast now but each day she begining with care of her face, make up, hair and clothes. And my Dad stil really proud of her.

Russian people often tells: " we meet everyone on clothes, but accompany on a mind" .

Russian women has nice mind - so why they can't to have nice clothes? :thumbs:

Russian great writer Chehov said " In a person evering must to be perfect - face, thoughs, clothes,".... SO russian women still agree with that words! :thumbs:

Satellite - do you think that I spended so long time here for teach you to be more kind and wise? Not really,to late))

I want tell all you - GUYS!!!

I red most of all your posts, some was very fun. I do not remember who wrote post about rings - about russian girl wich cryed because american man given to her ring with 2 cr diamont, and she scarred to wear becouse of crime situation in the city - what is the strange story?

1. May be she cryed because would like to have 4 cr diamont?

What do you think that russian women did not see such things????? O my God! It is history of Russia- russian women always had so many jewellery - we wear that each day- at work time, evening, everywhere. I have never seen so many jewellery in any coutry like on russian women.- perls, diamont, any stone!!!

BUT If your girl cryed that she just was happy to have ring from you andbe your wife - my congraduation - She loves you!!!!

Stop to think that here you can meet bear everywhere and crime person!!!

I can walk at night time alone in my city - DO YOU???? I worked in crime police and tax police - I know what about I am telling very well!

Some time we jokeв - In my city on each one sitizen - is one more policeman. Police is work good now - much better than at terrible Perestroyka time.

WELL COME!!! LOOK! TRY TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND RUSSIA! TRY TO KNOW HISTORY AND CULTURE! TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT RUSSIAN WOMEN ARE SO STRONG! EDUCATED! AND LIKE TO CARE ABOUT MAN AND CHILDREN- BUT SHE LIKE TO HAVE GOOD JOB ALSO AND GROW FAST IN THAT! SHE WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING WHAT YOU NEED, BUT SHE WILL ASK ABOUT SAME! IF YOU ARE NOT READY - LEAVE THAT IDEA TO BE HER HUSBAND! With all your feminism in USA you can't even imagine HOW strong russian woman!

I love my Buck very much and I respect him- he knows me very well and knows my "russian soul".

GUYS ,I CAN GARANT THAT EVEN SHE AND YOU LOVE EACH OTHER WILL BE LIGHT TIME AND DARK TIME ALSO, BUT I CAN GARANT IF YOU REALLY LOVE HER- SHE WLL NEVER LEAVE YOU AT BAD TIME AND ALWAYS WILL HELP.

AND please do not think that russian women want to be wife of american man for relocate to USA because there is PARADISE. I HOPE YOUR WOMAN LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! And Paradise is just near God. BUT we are- man and woman can build Paradise in own small family. Love is great job, hard job - but so happy result you can have. And it is not so important -she is russian or american or you are american or russian, or from France or Germany.

Аnd plsssss boys, do not write more that your wife is terrible because she want you care about cat's #### box, and you will not do that becaouse cat just eat and ####, so look how is nice your russian woman if after your words she still did not wear that box on your head. :wacko:

BOYS! WITH ALL MY HEART I WISH YOU TO BE HAPPY WITH YOUR RUSSIAN WOMAN, I WISH YOU MILLION WARM,LIGHT YEARS TOGETHER WITH PEACE AND REST IN YOUR SOUL.

NATALIA.

I am sorry about my english, but it is all what I have now :hehe:

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Timeline

Ooooooooooo.... I see that somebody has unleashed my beloved Siberian Tigress. :yes:

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

HAHAHA... good post.

I don't have time to really go over it (at work). Of course, you really don't understand Satellite, so I'll let him speak for himself, if he wants.

But other then that, it would be a good wake up call to most people in other forums, but I think most people in here have been married a while, or are well into their relationship. They already understand what you say (for the most part). Maybe you mis-interpret what people are trying to convey here. Yes, that guy who wrote to post about crying over the diamond ring DID know that it was about getting married, and not about diamonds. Almost all of us have been to Russia (or we wouldn't be in this forum) and know excatly how much jewelry women wear in Russia, and what kinds.

And I do walk alone at night in my city, which you will be coming to soon :)

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

Well, I really doubt my Lioness will post when she gets her. She sees these talks as silly, mostly because she isn't into this sort of communication (as in internet based). But if we were all together in a room. Well... I think it could get very interesting! :lol:

Ooooooooooo.... I see that somebody has unleashed my beloved Siberian Tigress. :yes:

I really wish more Russian women would post here. Welcome Natalia!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Love the head gear Jeffery!

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.