Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Whey hevery bady deh? De one day me off and on-line, nobady nuh deh yah. Me bored out me mine. Come on guys, entertain me. :jest::jest::jest:

I hear ya Claire! I am so bored and it seems so quiet in here. Where is everyone?

I've been here, Jus finished wukin hubby :devil: took him to work, voted, typed my mid term exam, working on my taxes...yeah looks like I might get a refund after all! I woman's job is never done :wacko:

Dat sounds NOICE (if it's what I think it is!)!!!! :devil::devil: Cyan't wait til I can say dat! :devil::devil::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can you tell that it's been almost a month since I've seen my Honey!? :lol::lol:

Bless,

Gill

Hmmmm, Of course not Gill....Where would we ever get THAT idea from? :wacko:

:lol::lol::lol:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've been here, Jus finished wukin hubby :devil: took him to work, voted, typed my mid term exam, working on my taxes...yeah looks like I might get a refund after all! I woman's job is never done :wacko:

Dat sounds NOICE (if it's what I think it is!)!!!! :devil::devil: Cyan't wait til I can say dat! :devil::devil::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can you tell that it's been almost a month since I've seen my Honey!? :lol::lol:

Bless,

Gill

Hmmmm, Of course not Gill....Where would we ever get THAT idea from? :wacko:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dat sounds NOICE (if it's what I think it is!)!!!! :devil: Cyan't wait til I can say dat! :devil::lol: Can you tell that it's been almost a month since I've seen my Honey!? :lol:

Bless,

Gill

One month?!! hush yuh self!! can we say 4 months ova yahso!!

3 months for me :crying:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

Dat sounds NOICE (if it's what I think it is!)!!!! :devil: Cyan't wait til I can say dat! :devil::lol: Can you tell that it's been almost a month since I've seen my Honey!? :lol:

Bless,

Gill

2 months for me :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well on this voting day! Go BARACK!

I have a question....my husband wants his little brother and sister to come visit us before they get too old (they are 12 an 16 now), but husband is not a green card holder yet (remember the interview?). Can I sponsor them to visit? Does anyone know how to go about it. A link to another forum would be appreciated. I just can't seem to find the right forum.

Also, I am going to JA in March, to visit my BRAND NEW GOD-DAUGHTER (my neice-not the child of the 16 year old!! Another sister!), and I am wondering what to bring. I have already covered onesies, blankets, dresses, shoes, socks and stuffed animals. I am not a mother, and honestly I have never really shopped for a baby before. What would a young mother in Jamaica really need and appreciate? I don't wqnt to show up with a bunch of frilly junk, only to realize......I should have gotten..........??? Any thoughts?

THANKS!!

NYC

Timeline
O.k. Ladies....not to change the subject but I need some advice about the upcoming interview stuff ( I know....B-O-R-I-N-G ) How did you all send the DS230 into the embassy? Did your fiance drop it off in person or did you send it in from here? :help:

Hey Sweets, I would definately email the Embassy after the NVC sends it to them. Memba what I said...Get your KNG# first then send them an email (I let them know I was coming down for a visit and asked if 'I' could drop it off). They of course gave me a date the day after I left!

The only reason I think it's better is because a). I DO NOT TRUST THAT CRAZY JA. MAIL SYSTEM B). At least you know that you placed it in someone's hands and IT GOT THERE and c). It's quicker way to get your interview date!

Love ya,

Gill

Gill,

Thanks for the insight! I know what u mean about the JA mail...don't we all!

I'll follow your advice and just email the embassy once NVC transfers the case to Kingston and assigns a new #. If it works out, we'll "try" to get them to schedule a drop off time while I'm down there....wish me luck on that :lol::lol:

Tonisha :)

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well on this voting day! Go BARACK!

I have a question....my husband wants his little brother and sister to come visit us before they get too old (they are 12 an 16 now), but husband is not a green card holder yet (remember the interview?). Can I sponsor them to visit? Does anyone know how to go about it. A link to another forum would be appreciated. I just can't seem to find the right forum.

Also, I am going to JA in March, to visit my BRAND NEW GOD-DAUGHTER (my neice-not the child of the 16 year old!! Another sister!), and I am wondering what to bring. I have already covered onesies, blankets, dresses, shoes, socks and stuffed animals. I am not a mother, and honestly I have never really shopped for a baby before. What would a young mother in Jamaica really need and appreciate? I don't wqnt to show up with a bunch of frilly junk, only to realize......I should have gotten..........??? Any thoughts?

THANKS!!

NYC

NYC.....so good to see you. Hope you are doing well.

I don't know the answer to the visit question. I did just start it as a topic for you under Family Based Immigration Forum.....LPR's. Hopefully someone will know.

Sounds like you have a pretty good start in the present category. I'm trying to think of things my SIL used while I was there. She was complaining that she couldn't get a stroller to take the beating the roads of JA were giving hers. The wheels kept falling off.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

2 months for me :lol:

4 months for me :whistle::whistle::lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

How many March interviews are there?

I know Gill has hers on March 11 @ 0830 and also Nbesaw on 3/11 also. I know someone else has a March 11 interview @ 0800, but I can't remember. Remind me y'all and update the list.

Gill -----3/11/08 @ 0830

-----3/11/08 @ 0800

Nbesaw3/11/08 @ ???

When are you guys doing your medicals? How soon before the interview date do you have to get it done? I know, I know I still have some time but trying to get a handle on the interview scheduling for the upcoming months!!!!

Thanks JG, I will go and check it out.

Re: presents: I am sure she'll need a stroller. Maybe I can look into one down there. I'm trying to think of things to get here that maybe she doesn't have access to. Things I can bring on the plane. I'm thinking maybe she needs essentials, like new towels and stuff. I love new towels myself!!

Timeline

Gill ---------------------3/11/08 @ 0830

Jason and Marla-----3/11/08 @ 0800

Nbesaw---------------3/11/08 @ ???

Edited by clairern

Timeline

I know Gill has hers on March 11 @ 0830 and also Nbesaw on 3/11 also. I know someone else has a March 11 interview @ 0800, but I can't remember. Remind me y'all and update the list.

Gill -----3/11/08 @ 0830

-----3/11/08 @ 0800

Nbesaw3/11/08 @ ???

When are you guys doing your medicals? How soon before the interview date do you have to get it done? I know, I know I still have some time but trying to get a handle on the interview scheduling for the upcoming months!!!!

Clariey,

It's Jason&Marla @800! Who's Nbesaw...JA filer? Gotta check it out!!

Love ya,

Gill

:thumbs:

P.S. OBAMA GOT GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOO!!!!!! :thumbs: Good going Jawi & Mrs. Scott!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Thanks, Gill. I thought it was just me who didn't know who Nbesaw was.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Thanks, Gill. I thought it was just me who didn't know who Nbesaw was.

:lol::lol: :lol: ...I just checked ...she's a new Yardie VJ'er!! Just joined on 2/1/08!!

WELCOME NBESAW...SEE YOU ON 3/11/08!!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gill -----3/11/08 @ 0830

-----3/11/08 @ 0800

Nbesaw3/11/08 @ ???

Clariey,

It's Jason&Marla @800! Who's Nbesaw...JA filer? Gotta check it out!!

Love ya,

Gill

:thumbs:

P.S. OBAMA GOT GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOO!!!!!! :thumbs: Good going Jawi & Mrs. Scott!!

Yes, Nbesaw is a Ja filer who posted a reply to Forbes2006's question about interview scheduling in Kingston. I was bored today, so I was all over VJ like crazy :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.