Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NYCgirl: I see you on here. How did the interview go???????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just got this from Mindy.................

Rhonda update:

SHE HAD THE BABY!!!!

10 hours labor at home

10 hours at hospital -- wouldn't dialate past 8.2

On Petosin for five hours

C-Section

....she had to go so I didn't get much more than that.....she's gonna call me back.

:dance::dance:CONGRATULATIONS TONY & RHONDA!!!! :dance::dance: ...

Now the REAL fun begins!!! :lol: !! So, happy you made it through alright Rhonda!! God is go all the time and ALL the time God is good!!

Take care and REST REST REST!!! Like Tam-Tam said limit the visitors at home unless they are coming to lend a helping hand!! ;);)

OH...AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE WASHES THEIR HANDS BEFORE THEY EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING THE BABY!! ;):yes: ...with flu season in full force you can't be too careful!!

Good luck to you both!!

Blessed love & prayers,

Gill

P.S.- Thanks for letting us know JG

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Jomo, you there? You ready for this.......we freaking failed the interview!!!!!!!!

I am so upset right now.

Everything was going okay, until the officer opened my passport and started quizzing my husband about my travel. Now to give you some background, I travel for work. CONSTANTLY. Never the same place twice. In the last 18 months, I have been to Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Rebublic, Miami, Palm Springs (CA) , Boston, Bahamas, Capri (Italy), Scotland, London, Paris, The Florida Keys, Argentina, Rome and Switzerland. I am somewhere different every month. The agent asked him what places (Internationally) I went, and the corresponding month in which I went. I can't even flipping remember that myself!!!!! Of course he couldn't put it all together. Oh, that sinking feeling. After he couldn't put a few trips to the appropriate months, the guy got really hard on us. He found it impossible to beleive that "your wife was out of the country for 10 days, and you don't know where she was" It was horrible. My husband is forgetful, and then he was nervous on top of it. The agent then sent him out of the room, and he asked me if I "knew what I was getting into". He made insinuations that Visa Fraud was "very common" in these instances and perhaps he is "just using me." He went as far as to say that maybe he will dissappear after he gets his green card. I just sat there crying. I begged him to just keep asking questions, but he said he's out of time. With regards to all of our documation, he said that anyone could "fabricate" those. We have to go back for a more in depth interview in 6 months, but this is a BIG BLACK mark on our record. I can't even believe that this could happen. Because of a bad memory. Anyone heard anything like this before? Should we get a lawyer?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh my goodness :o First off...I am so sorry you had to go through that...that is plain #######!

So couple of questions...did he specifically say that you had to come back for an indepth interview in 6 months...like that was his final conclusion? Did he give you an exact date? Any documentation? Did he ask for more evidence as well or just an indepth interview?

This sounds very odd to me...I have never heard of this before. What kind of visa were you going for?

Timeline
Jomo, you there? You ready for this.......we freaking failed the interview!!!!!!!!

I am so upset right now.

Everything was going okay, until the officer opened my passport and started quizzing my husband about my travel. Now to give you some background, I travel for work. CONSTANTLY. Never the same place twice. In the last 18 months, I have been to Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Rebublic, Miami, Palm Springs (CA) , Boston, Bahamas, Capri (Italy), Scotland, London, Paris, The Florida Keys, Argentina, Rome and Switzerland. I am somewhere different every month. The agent asked him what places (Internationally) I went, and the corresponding month in which I went. I can't even flipping remember that myself!!!!! Of course he couldn't put it all together. Oh, that sinking feeling. After he couldn't put a few trips to the appropriate months, the guy got really hard on us. He found it impossible to beleive that "your wife was out of the country for 10 days, and you don't know where she was" It was horrible. My husband is forgetful, and then he was nervous on top of it. The agent then sent him out of the room, and he asked me if I "knew what I was getting into". He made insinuations that Visa Fraud was "very common" in these instances and perhaps he is "just using me." He went as far as to say that maybe he will dissappear after he gets his green card. I just sat there crying. I begged him to just keep asking questions, but he said he's out of time. With regards to all of our documation, he said that anyone could "fabricate" those. We have to go back for a more in depth interview in 6 months, but this is a BIG BLACK mark on our record. I can't even believe that this could happen. Because of a bad memory. Anyone heard anything like this before? Should we get a lawyer?

Oh, girl.....I'm so sorry.

I have not heard of it before; but I suppose it happens all the time.

Yah, I knew you were a travel crazed women. I loved some of your site pictures you posted in the past. ####### are they thinking? It's not like you have a husband in every port. Darn them anyhow.

I don't know what to tell you. I suppose I would probably get myself an immigration lawyer if I were in your shoes. Maybe he/she can help you prepare so much information in such a way that it will make their heads spin with overload.

Keep your chin up. 6 more months just means you have so much more time to get everything together and 6 more months of wedded bliss to prove them so very wrong.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

He did not give us the appointment date. It goes through the normal channels and we will receive another appointment letter. He gave us a "form" showing that we had showed up and concluded today's appointment. He said that "perhaps this is a legitimate marriage, and I hope that it is" However, there is only a certain amount of time alloted to our appointment today, and our time was up. Based on the time spent with us, he cannot conclude that this marriage is real. He said that our photo evidence was "compelling" which is why we are being given another chance. He said that he did believe us initially, which is why he "thought" he was giving us a straightfoward and easy test of the relationship. And the fact that my husband "bombed miserably" gave him reason to believe this may be fraud.

We were going for AOS based on marriage.

I don't like being on the defensive when we haven't domne anything wrong. We love each other dearly, and we spend every second together when not working!!! So frustrating!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

they did ask mr jengles for my times and months, but at least you are being given another chance. It seems like next time, you are going to have to make sure your husband is overly prepared.

What can an immigration lawyer do at this point? If the paperwork says come back in six months then you weren't outright denied. It is a very fustrating.

So what happens you have to file the I-485 again.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

No, we don't have to actually re-file anything. We are just going to be put in the "queue" for a follow up interview, as ours was inconclusive.

And he said not to gather additional "evidence" either. Our evidence and photos are "compelling"

He also said don't bother with sworn affadivits from anyone. They won't matter.

The root of the matter is........................Does my husband know me? Which he does. He is distraught right now. So disappointed in himself.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh man :( Big hugs to your husband...I can't even imagine how upset he is when he really shouldn't be. That is just crazy! A consultation with a lawyer might be helpful...maybe they would know of options we can't think of. I am wondering if what they are going to have you do is a Stokes interview. You should try searching here about that...it has happened to many couples. It is basically a very detailed often taped interview which is done with each of you in seperate rooms. They would ask the same questions (often very detailed and precise) and then compare your answers.

I am leaving for lunch right now but when I get back I will see if I can get more info for you.

Stay strong and keep the faith! You will get through this!

Timeline

Stokes Interview - is that where they ask you questions like, what side of the bed so u sleep on and u both better not say "the leftside" and what is your "husband's inseam"

Timeline
they did ask mr jengles for my times and months, but at least you are being given another chance. It seems like next time, you are going to have to make sure your husband is overly prepared.

What can an immigration lawyer do at this point? If the paperwork says come back in six months then you weren't outright denied. It is a very fustrating.

Jengles....are you talking about visiting the Mr. in Jamaica?

NYC is talking about trips she made out of the country for work. She works on photo shoots. Her fiance (now husband) did not go with her, nor was he here living with her.

And, I'm guessing maybe you made some since the wedding, NYC? That was the 10 day question from the interviewer?

Honestly, if Andre were not with me on those trips, he would have no clue as to information. Even if I told him, he would forget.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

after 2 days of attempting to get his learners permit. mr jengles finally got thru..this is when it helps to know the law...in nys u can get a license without having a social securty card. All u need is a letter from SS stating that your visa is ineligible for you to recieve a SS number, plus six points of identification (i.e. passport, health card etc)

Yesterday even though he had two letters from SS. They made him go to a SS office they were "familiar with" then it had be a certain form. They lady at there SS office basically gave him the same letter. Today they pulled him out of the test room to review the letter again. But they couldn't find fault with the letter and he had his six points.

Timeline

Jengles....are you talking about visiting the Mr. in Jamaica?

NYC is talking about trips she made out of the country for work. She works on photo shoots. Her fiance (now husband) did not go with her, nor was he here living with her.

And, I'm guessing maybe you made some since the wedding, NYC? That was the 10 day question from the interviewer?

Honestly, if Andre were not with me on those trips, he would have no clue as to information. Even if I told him, he would forget.

Yup,

didn't realize when she made the post that it was for AOS and he wasn't here for any of those trips. Agree even mr jengles would forget. Like I said before, have to be overly prepared next time.

He was questioning Brad about all the trips I've done (for work) since we moved in together 18 months ago. He WAS living with me during those times, but I am out the door every other week. Back in the olden days, I guess we would give our husband an "itinerary" and hotel contact numbers. But in this age of International cell phone, he just picks up his phone and speed dials me! he frankly didn't even need to know which far off land I was working in! Add to that, when someone hasn't been ANYWHERE in the world, places get confusing! He knew I was in Rome, but not in Italy! My poor sweet baby.

Timeline
He was questioning Brad about all the trips I've done (for work) since we moved in together 18 months ago. He WAS living with me during those times, but I am out the door every other week. Back in the olden days, I guess we would give our husband an "itinerary" and hotel contact numbers. But in this age of International cell phone, he just picks up his phone and speed dials me! he frankly didn't even need to know which far off land I was working in! Add to that, when someone hasn't been ANYWHERE in the world, places get confusing! He knew I was in Rome, but not in Italy! My poor sweet baby.

the interviewer wouldn't accept Rome as an answer?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.