SMOKE

CFO & PRISM

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi everyone. i'm going back to the phils in a couple weeks, & i'm putting a study guide/mock interview together for my SO. & i'm foggy on the CFO/PRISM. she lives in Cebu.

can someone explain the difference between CFO & PRISM & which is best for her.

step by step would be awesome. B)

also i've checked the CFO website & i'm foggy on what doc.s she needs to bring w/ her.

thanks in advance.

Edited by tapout
7yqZWFL.jpg

Section 6.2 from Sheriff Uling's pinned thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68967&st=0&start=0

6.2 Beneficiaries are required to attend a CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar that are held in Manila and Cebu, whichever is more convenient, before traveling abroad (the corresponding links within my signature). Please check out this instructional information on the PRISM Guidance and Counceling Seminar experience [CLICK HERE] (Thx Sillygirl). Family and/or friends are prohibited from entering the facility, unless otherwise required.

The CFO requirement consists of two parts:

Part 1, Guidance and Counseling Seminar (a certificate of completion is given at the conclusion); and

Part 2, a CFO Sticker placed inside of the passport/visa (requires the Guidance and Counseling Certificate).

The beneficiary is NOT required to have the visa in-hand in order to attend the Guidance and Counceling Seminar. However, the Guidance and Counseling Certificate along with the visa are required in order to have the CFO Sticker placed inside the K1 Visa for both the Cebu and Manila CFO locations. If the beneficiary is going to take the Guidance and Counceling Seminar before the visa is in-hand, consider calling the CFO beforehand to avoid any potential problems. In Cebu, the Guidance and Counseling Seminar is adminstered by St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) located at 3F Aya-ay Arcade, 60 Mango Avenue, Cebu City (near San Carlos Boys High). Conversely, in Manila, the Guidance and Counseling Seminar is administered at People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc. (PRISM). For both the CFO in Cebu located at Causing-Lozada Bldg., Osmeña Blvd. corner M.J. Cuenco Avenue, Cebu City (near DFA Cebu) and the CFO in Manila location, the CFO Sticker will be applied to the visa despite the location where the Guidance and Counseling Certificate was issued.

CFO NOTE: The CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar is not stated as a requirement within the Packet 4 instructions. However, after the visa is approved, instructions on attending the CFO Guidance and Counseling seminar are included in the visa and Port of Entry (POE) package delivered by DELBROS to the beneficiary. Travel abroad is prohibited without the CFO sticker within the beneficiary's visa (the visa is within the passport, as stated in Section 6.1). Attending the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar is a Philippine government requirement which states, "Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs... " For more info [CLICK HERE].

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

as per my understanding, before you go to CFO, you have to take the seminar as well pass the guidance and counselling seminar either PRISM or the St. Mary Eurofresia that was also have a branch in Cebu. After this seminar they will give you a certificate that you already done this seminar and they instruct to go to CFO for the sticker that will going to put to your passport. thats is after you receive your visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.