10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my BIOMETRICS appointment date for I-485 and I-765 for 11/24, but we will be gone for the Thanksgiving weekend. Can anyone share his/her experience in rescheduling his/her appointment date?

Thanks,

cd

K-1 Petition

May 05 - I-129F NOA1

Oct. 02 - I-129F NOA2

Mar. 19 - 1st Interview (AP)

Mar. 23 - 2nd Interview (AP)

Aug. 27 - K-1 Visa Received

Aug. 27 - Entered US

Adjustment of Status

Oct. 08 - USCIS Received Date

Oct. 25 - I-765 NOA1 (received in mail on 10/31)

Oct. 25 - I-485 NOA1 (received in mail on 11/02)

Oct. 31 - Notice Date for ASC Appointment on 11/24 (received in mail on 11/05)

Nov. 07 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 taken

Dec. 06 - I-765 Card production ordered

Dec. 14 - I-765 Approval Notice sent

Dec. 15 - I- 485 transferred to CSC

Dec. 17 - Received EAD in mail

Dec. 24 - Transfer Notice received in mail

May 22 - Welcome Letter sent

May 28 - I - 485 Approval Notice sent

Jun 21 - Green Card Received in Mail

Filed: Timeline
I got my BIOMETRICS appointment date for I-485 and I-765 for 11/24, but we will be gone for the Thanksgiving weekend. Can anyone share his/her experience in rescheduling his/her appointment date?

Thanks,

cd

Honestly, I'd cancel my Thanksgiving plans in order to make the appointment. Re-scheduling can create delays in your process.

Timeline

Thanks,

cd

Honestly, I'd cancel my Thanksgiving plans in order to make the appointment. Re-scheduling can create delays in your process.

Tickets were bought already and would cost a lot to re-book. It's the only time of the year to gather with my family. A little delay is fine for as long as we are guaranteed to get a new appointment date. Thanks though.

K-1 Petition

May 05 - I-129F NOA1

Oct. 02 - I-129F NOA2

Aug. 27 - Entered US

Adjustment of Status

Filed: Timeline

NP :) I don't actually know how long delays can be when you reschedule an appointment... it was necessary for me to make my process as quick as possible, otherwise my work permit would expire before I had an EAD or GC. I've heard that it's not the best idea, but if you are not under any particular time constraints, you should be okay.

Best of luck!

Thanks,

cd

Tickets were bought already and would cost a lot to re-book. It's the only time of the year to gather with my family. A little delay is fine for as long as we are guaranteed to get a new appointment date. Thanks though.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Biometrics is not as important as the interview and is usually quite quick. Does it say you can do a walk in on your letter? They used to allow it on the Wednesday following. Are you close to a ASC? You could just try a walkin, I would and explain that your going to be away that weekend.

If not try to reschedule but be very proactive at making sure that you receive another appointment.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

You don't say where you're located, but I was in the same predicament as you and went to the office and explained to them the issue, they offered to process us right there. Go to the office and make sure that you take proof of your trip.

Timeline

Thanks. Would you know if they accept walkins at the USCIS Houston-Southeast? That's where my Biometrics appointment is scheduled at. There's only an option to reschedule, but it doesn't say you can do walkin. Also, if I want to do walkin, can i do it this Wednesday? (so that if they do not allow me and instructed me to mail in my rescheduling then I have enough time to do so)

Thanks again,

cd

K-1 Petition

May 05 - I-129F NOA1

Oct. 02 - I-129F NOA2

Aug. 27 - Entered US

Adjustment of Status

I don't know of any that offically "accept" walk-ins (they may, I haven't read any). However, it may happen that if they are not busy, they will see you then. When we went to our local office (Boston), there were very few people waiting, and I've heard that they have on occasion accepted a walk in.

I think your best bet will be to go to your local office and ask. They can only say no, right? Good luck.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Timeline

Thank you for all who responded to my post.

I was able to get my fingerprints done today at the ASC. My husband and I decided that we would try do walk-in so that if the assigned ASC to me doesn't allow it then I would just take the risk of rescheduling it by mail. At first the security guard told us that we can just come on any Wednesday or Saturday after I missed the appointment date, which I have not heard from anyone here nor read anywhere, so I didn't buy that. He also said that I have 84 days after I missed the appointment date to just show up there and he would let me in. I told my husband I would rather mail it in than doing what the security guard was telling us, but then the security guard said we can just leave the letter to him and he will hand it in to the supervisor and we'll get a new appointment date in the mail. We were about to leave already when he came out rushing to us from the supervisor's office and told us we can have the fingerprints done today. And that's it! We are very happy we don't have to worry about our travel plans and waiting for a new appointment date.

Thank you very much once again! :star:

K-1 Petition

May 05 - I-129F NOA1

Oct. 02 - I-129F NOA2

Aug. 27 - Entered US

Adjustment of Status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.