Jigi

how to get decent priced airticket from India

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
hi,

emirates is too costly and it doesnt fly to the US destination I would be travelling to

Jigi

Two travel metasearch engines, one of which I got on another thread here on VJ:

1. http://www.mobissimo.com; this got us the ticket we bought. Simultaneously searched numerous travel sites, including both agency and airline sites. We were able to get tickets for my wife for about $850 o/w (including taxes!) on Jet Airways, connecting to Continental once in the US. Jet's international service was excellent, and connections were seamless. Mobissimo actually found the fare on Orbitz, and it's worth noting that her ticket was purchased less than a week before traveling. Ironically, the day before we booked, I found another fare (also on Mobissimo) for virtually the same flight, but for $712 (including taxes!); unfortunately, there was a detail yet to be confirmed at that point. The nice thing is that when going through an engine like this, you can have it checking on flights to virtually any airport in the US, from virtually any airport in India, and it makes the connections. Brilliant.

2. The one I discovered here was http://www.cheapflights.com. It looked pretty good, but doesn't allow booking so close to the departure date.

Disclaimer: Of course, I post these just for information's sake, and have no pretensions of expertise on travel. I personally found these helpful. I certainly don't work in the travel industry.

Matt & Chandra

Timeline:

Married 1993

Our Son born 1997

I-130:

4 Aug 2006 I-130 Sent

7 Aug 2006 I-130 Received in VSC

9 Aug 2006 NOA-1

14 Aug 2006 NOA-1 Received; had serious typo

15 Aug 2006 Called Vermont to correct Typo

29 Aug 2006 Received Corrected NOA-1

7 May 2007 (over 8 months later) Received notice of transfer to CSC, "because it has jurisdiction over the case"

12 May 2007 Received notice that case is now pending at CSC

15 May 2007 Touched, apparently

22 May 2007 Approved! Notified by Email

23 May 2007 Approval Notice sent by mail (had exact same typo as the one which was supposedly corrected last year! Fixed now (:->)

11 June 2007 NVC Case Number Assigned!

25 June 2007 AoS Bill & DS-3032 generated

26 June 2007 DS-3032 email sent

6 July 2007 Choice of Agent accepted

10 July 2007 IV Bill Generated

10 July 2007 I-864 Generated

30 July 2007 IV cover sheet generated and sent

6 Aug 2007 Self-Generated cover sheet using JSC and sent DS-230 by courier to NVC

9 Aug 2007 NVC acknowledged receipt of all documents

23 Aug 2007 NVC says they need more financial information

24 Aug 2007 Told on phone they want I-864A instead of I-864; downloaded, signed.

25 Aug 2007 I-864A sent by courier to NVC

11 Sept 2007 Case Completed!

19 Sept 2007 Case Sent To Mumbai (Bombay)

26 Sept 2007 Packet 4 Mailed to my wife

15 Nov 2007 Her Interview Date! (given 221g requesting original documents)

20 Nov 2007 Original documents submitted in spite of reluctance by VFS (agency) staff

26 Nov 2007 Visa Issued!

27 Nov 2007 Passport with visa and envelope received by courier

5 Dec 2007 Arrival in US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.