kj2007

THE INTERVIEW - DOCUMENTS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we are scheduled to have our interview on dec 6. what other documents do we need to bring? We only have joint bank account as our proof of living together. Its only been 4 months since we got married and we dont have enought proof. He doesn't have an insurance yet because he is new in his work and the insurance will start from the 90 days he is employed. We have wedding pictures and other pictures together. Right now we are still living with his parents so everything is under his dads name like all the bills but we pay for all of them like cable, electricity, internet, etc. Can i be added to his cingular cellphone bill since my number is under his account?We've been together since high school, i even have pictures of us togehter during our high school days i can bring it along with us. Can anyone suggest what other documents can we bring aside from the mentioned above. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Having everything under his dad's name might cause a problem. You'll need to show that you share some bills. Anything showing both names is acceptable, such as utility bills, cell phone bills, leases, joint bank account, car insurance. Pictures might not be good enough, they didn't even ask us to show any.

Best bet would be to change some of the utlilities to both your names.

Filed: Timeline

I brought a backpack full of documents and it had everything from day 1 as well as joint bank accounts, marriage license, health coverage papers, pictures we took here with relatives, SS card, etc. I was asked for the SS card, marriage license only. The questions were simple such as when did we meet and how, if my wife is working or going to school, how many times I went back to see her, what city did she lived prior to coming here. All in all, the interview lasted shorter than the time I was in the waiting room. And I do agree with Mierda, you should change the names on the utility bills.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

how do we change the name on our utility bills?do we need to call the company and say that we are requesting a change of name in the bill? Also, can my name be added on the cellphone bill and how can we do that? Regarding auto insurance, im not driving yet and i dont have a DL yet, can i be added on the auto insurance just like that?

Anyone please???

Edited by bloom

Filed: Timeline
how do we change the name on our utility bills?do we need to call the company and say that we are requesting a change of name in the bill? Also, can my name be added on the cellphone bill and how can we do that? Regarding auto insurance, im not driving yet and i dont have a DL yet, can i be added on the auto insurance just like that?

Anyone please???

You can add your name and your finance's name to the utility bills and you don't have to change all of them, just a couple. Yes, you call them and ask the names to be added. If you don't have a DL, you can't be added on the insurance documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Anyone please???

Every company is different, no one here will have all the answers you're looking for. You'll have to call each and every utility company you want to change names and ask them yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.