Iris

Courier Service for Packet 3.5

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This goes out to all the people applied for CR-1/IR-1 Visa from Pakistan. Can anyone tell me:

1) How long does it take for Packet 3.5 to reach you once the Embassy in Islamabad sends it?

2) What kind of Postal Service does the embassy use?

They told me TCS at one point but then today they said my Packet 3.5 was most probably sent via Pakistan Post! We all know how bad that is!

Its been almost a week since Packet 3.5 was sent to me and I havent recieved it yet. PLS HELP!

DONT WORRY AT ALL, YOU WILL RECEIVE IT REALLY SOOON THROUGH NORMAL POST. And it takes time sometimes 2+ weeks.

And if you dont receive you can order another one from Embassy AND

for saving your time a tip for you

Download DS-230 (all two parts) from www.uscis.gov and fill them completely and accurately

This is all you need to fill in Packet 3.5

SO good luck and you can write me if you need my help..

Timeline
DONT WORRY AT ALL, YOU WILL RECEIVE IT REALLY SOOON THROUGH NORMAL POST. And it takes time sometimes 2+ weeks.

And if you dont receive you can order another one from Embassy AND

for saving your time a tip for you

Download DS-230 (all two parts) from www.uscis.gov and fill them completely and accurately

This is all you need to fill in Packet 3.5

SO good luck and you can write me if you need my help..

Be very careful about your stuff when they say it was sent...that you actually get it. When my now husband and I were going through the fiance' visa process they sent him his packet from ISb in Dec...but we never knew it...it took getting a statesman involved over here to even find out what was going on to find out what had happened (since NO ONE was answering the phone over there). They sent out a new packet and he got it in less than a week. HE called TCS and reported the issue, they just happened to find his first packet the next day.......idiots! If you know it's coming, I'd start trying to track it asap. BTW, how did you find out it was coming?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

What about the interview letter ...which packet is that ? 4?

And does the beneficiary and Agent both recieve this letter?

.png

-------------------------

Marriage: 11/19/2006

I-130 Sent: 12/19/2006

I-130 Approved: 05/10/2007

Case Completed: 12/13/2007

Interview Date: 03/24/2008

Visa Recieved: 5/20/2008

U.S Entry: 10/07/2008

Timeline

I called the embassy on their helpline and the guy told me that Packet 3.5 was sent last week. I still havent recieved it.

I know I have to wait till I get the packet. Until I get it and send back the required docs they wont issue me an interview letter. Which in CR-1 Visa case schedules after 5-6 months!!

They refuse to tell me what courier service. I called up TCS on my own and they said we cant help u unless u give us a tracking number. So now I dont know....I guess will ask them to resend the packet next week.

Be very careful about your stuff when they say it was sent...that you actually get it. When my now husband and I were going through the fiance' visa process they sent him his packet from ISb in Dec...but we never knew it...it took getting a statesman involved over here to even find out what was going on to find out what had happened (since NO ONE was answering the phone over there). They sent out a new packet and he got it in less than a week. HE called TCS and reported the issue, they just happened to find his first packet the next day.......idiots! If you know it's coming, I'd start trying to track it asap. BTW, how did you find out it was coming?

Edited by Iris

Timeline

Packet 3.5 consists of a list of doc which the applicant has to submit to the Embassy via American Express Courier Service. Following are the docs required in Pakistan:

1. Form DS-230 Part I and II

2. (a) Birth certificate (original and one photocopy)

( English translations (same)

3. (a) Marriage certificate (original and one photocopy)

4. (a) Death certificate (original and one photocopy)

5. (a) Divorce Cerficate if previously married. (original and one photocopy)

6. (a) Applicants who have submitted Affidavit of Support to the National Visa Center must submit in writing that the submission was already made.

( If not you must submit Original Form I-864 and if need of co sponsor theirs as well and all supporting documents.

7. Photocopy of your passport (Valid for one year from teh anticipated visa interview date)

8. Photographs (Two according to specifications in your booklet)

9. (a) Police Certificate from your local police jurisdiction

Yes Packet 4 contains interview appointment letter which is collected fromthe local American Express Courier Service in Pakistan. It is sent only to the applicant. (beneficiary)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Packet 3.5 consists of a list of doc which the applicant has to submit to the Embassy via American Express Courier Service. Following are the docs required in Pakistan:

1. Form DS-230 Part I and II

2. (a) Birth certificate (original and one photocopy)

3. (a) Marriage certificate (original and one photocopy)

4. (a) Death certificate (original and one photocopy)

5. (a) Divorce Cerficate if previously married. (original and one photocopy)

6. (a) Applicants who have submitted Affidavit of Support to the National Visa Center must submit in writing that the submission was already made.

( If not you must submit Original Form I-864 and if need of co sponsor theirs as well and all supporting documents.

7. Photocopy of your passport (Valid for one year from teh anticipated visa interview date)

8. Photographs (Two according to specifications in your booklet)

9. (a) Police Certificate from your local police jurisdiction

Yes Packet 4 contains interview appointment letter which is collected fromthe local American Express Courier Service in Pakistan. It is sent only to the applicant. (beneficiary)

Hey Iris,

The embassy responded to an email I sent and told me it was sent PK post...and it arrived TCS. My husband had already phoned TCS and gave him his personal information (knowing we didn't have a tracking number)....they told him they didnt' have anything matching that information. (that's pakistan for you). All I can say is even with the currier service, while it normally takes 1-2 days for TCS to go from ISB to LHE.....it took over a week for Usama to get his packet. I had emailed the embassy and they just said if we didnt' get it by last week to let them know and they'd send it again.....so if you dont' get it after two weeks....I'd email them. Do you need their email address??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.