hikaru

AP arrived... with wrong address

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi there!

Today my husband received his Advance Parole papers in the mail, which made us very happy. Only one problem -- they've got the wrong address printed on them. We moved in between the time where we filed for AOS and now. We've already informed USCIS of our new address, so it's not like they don't have it or anyhting.

Is having the wrong address printed on the AP going to be a problem? Do we need to call them to get that corrected? We're fairly sure we're never actually going to use the AP but wanted the documents in case of an emergency or something.

Thanks for any help.

May 27 2005: Married!

Oct 1 2005: AOS submitted

Oct 17 2005: AOS returned because of incorrect amount in check; returned same day.

Oct 25 2005: NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

Nov 1 2005: I-485 'touched'

Dec 6 2005: I-130, I-765, I-131 touched

Dec 17 2005: Hubby graduates university

Dec 28 2005: I-765 touched again

Jan 3 2006: Move to Chicago

Jan 9 2006: I865, AR-11, phone call made to inform of address change

Jan 13 2006: Online notice of approval of AP

Jan 18 2006: All applications 'touched'

Jan 19 2006: All applications 'touched' again; NOA received for I865

Feb 2 2006: AP received (sent to the wrong address... groan.)

Feb 10 2006: Biometrics appointment received (sent to the wrong address, too)

Feb 14 2006: Infopass appointment re: biometrics and address change

Feb 15 2006: Biometrics done

Feb 22 2006: Email notice of approval of EAD

Feb 24 2006: EAD received in mail (even sent to the right address!)

April 15 2006: Interview for AOS scheduled!

May 23 2006: AOS interview: didn't go very well. :( RFE on spot for more info.

July 13 2006: Sent inch-thick stack of documentation for RFE. Fingers crossed.

July 16 2006: I-130, I-485, I-865 touched; weird email received saying interview canceled?

July 21 2006: E-mail notice that our case is approved! YAY.

Hi there!

Today my husband received his Advance Parole papers in the mail, which made us very happy. Only one problem -- they've got the wrong address printed on them. We moved in between the time where we filed for AOS and now. We've already informed USCIS of our new address, so it's not like they don't have it or anyhting.

Is having the wrong address printed on the AP going to be a problem? Do we need to call them to get that corrected? We're fairly sure we're never actually going to use the AP but wanted the documents in case of an emergency or something.

Thanks for any help.

When we went over to the UK last Summer both mine and my daughter's advance parole had our previous address on the paperwork. I did take with me though, just in case, a copy of the change of address form that I sent to immigration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.