mbdesousa

New fees as a possible cause of the delay this year??

9 posts in this topic

I think there was already a thread that reported a USCIS slow down due to a backlog that was related to the fee increase among other things.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

that is possible. i am new to this forum. the threads are sometimes very long and hard to follow, so forgive me if i missed something that was said before.

i got excited to actually know the reason why is it taking so long to process my applications!

Filed: Timeline
I heard from my lawyer today.

And we though, we were the only silly ones who hired an attorny there is nothing they can really do at this point of the process I didn't know about the rise of the price.

anyway that shouldn't be an issue to keep us waiting this long .

The journey is over we are divorced now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
I heard from my lawyer today. He thinks that all these delays are caused by flood of applications before July, cuz people wanted to avoid new fees.

Hmmmm. What do you guys think?

Yep, that's a major part of it, plus other crazy management moves like closing the Texas and Nebraska service centers to K1/K3 VISAs, placing higher priorities on other non-family type VISAs, processing premium pay customers (which we don't get this option for K1/K3 VISAs), refocusing most resources on receipting because they are so far behind and I-485s and N400's are higher priority, etc, etc, etc,...

Timeline

i am not regretting that i hired a lawyer. he helped a friend of mine, so i know he is capable.

and he did not charge an arm and a leg for his service. i went to immigration clinic to pick up the forms, and i realized that if i make 1 mistake i will be set back badly. so i have that peace of mind. besides, we will need him for aos, and for who knows what other advice.

again, it depends on the funds. for me the lawyer's fee was not a murder, and i paid in installments.

the true financial murder are airplane tickets to brazil and lost income from being away from work. that is bugging me more than anything.

i love to be with my husband, of course, but this is my 3rd time in brazil, total 8 weeks of not working this year. ouch. that money could be spent for the new car for him or a nice vacation, without stress of knowing that we will separate in few days. but oh well. we will survive.

i truly hope that after my last visit he will join me soon in usa.

I heard from my lawyer today. He thinks that all these delays are caused by flood of applications before July, cuz people wanted to avoid new fees.

Hmmmm. What do you guys think?

It doesn't explain why the delays started in late March. I am sure if we could access the USCIS history there was a flood of applications before every price increase.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

good point. sigh.

my lawyer said that the jam happened in early july and that is why it's hard to get the receipts. other lawyer said that there was a glitch in the computer in may.

oh well. thanks for listening. i feel better to voice this out to someone who is experiencing the same frustration.

Edited by mbdesousa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.