topharry123

MEDICAL QUESTION RE: INTERVIEW IN ENGLAND

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all.

We have just received our documents in england after being approved for a fiance visa to the us. from there i can schedule my medical. i have a couple of questions in regards to this. t is very urgent as i am in the us now and may have to fly back early if i need to, we are in a rush for our visa as well as our wedding is at the end of this year!

1) how quick can a medical be arranged?

2) how long after the medical will an interview be arranged?

3) how do i go from here about arrnaging an interview date, or will they contact me?

Many thanks in advance, i hope someone answers me soon so i may have a flight to change!

Tom and Cameron

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

1. The medical takes a few weeks to get in for an appointment.

2. The time between the medical and the interview depends on when you send in your checklist saying that you have all of the requirements and are ready for the interview. It can be as quick as few weeks or up to a few months, that depends on the Embassy.

3. The Embassy contacts you with your interview date.

Hi all.

We have just received our documents in england after being approved for a fiance visa to the us. from there i can schedule my medical. i have a couple of questions in regards to this. t is very urgent as i am in the us now and may have to fly back early if i need to, we are in a rush for our visa as well as our wedding is at the end of this year!

1) how quick can a medical be arranged?

2) how long after the medical will an interview be arranged?

3) how do i go from here about arrnaging an interview date, or will they contact me?

Many thanks in advance, i hope someone answers me soon so i may have a flight to change!

Tom and Cameron

I sent my package 3 back on 8th October and explained that my 6 month lease expires on 1st December and we were planning to marry 15th December and they gave me an interview on 7th November. They try to accomodate travel plans.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

It may take a couple of weeks to get a medical date but you will need to quote your case number to Knightsbridge Doctors when you call to make the appointment.

The case number will be on the package sent to you by the Embassy.

The sooner you complete and return all the forms to the Embassy the sooner they will arrange an interview date for you.

You need to ensure that you have the following to hand before sending your paperwork to the Embassy:

Police Certificate (and a photocopy) - if you haven't ordered this already you need to get cracking - it can take 40 days to be issued

Birth Certificate (and a photocopy)

Divorce papers (if applicable)

I-34 Affidavit of Support - preferably notarised by a US Attorney

A notarised copy of your fiance(e)'s last US Tax Return

An updated letter of intent to marry signed by your fiance(e)

The Embassy will not issue an appointment date until you have sent back the paperwork and signed the checklist confirming that you have all of the above to hand.

You will also need to take ongoing evidence of your relationship, photos, boarding passes, copies of travel itineraries, phone bills, emails etc - I wasn't asked for these at interview but it is a good idea to have them just in case.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-03-25

NOA Date : 2008-04-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-24

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-06-13

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-06-13

Approved : Yes

Welcome Letter Received: 2008-06-21

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2008-06-26

Comments :

Timeline
It may take a couple of weeks to get a medical date but you will need to quote your case number to Knightsbridge Doctors when you call to make the appointment.

The case number will be on the package sent to you by the Embassy.

The sooner you complete and return all the forms to the Embassy the sooner they will arrange an interview date for you.

You need to ensure that you have the following to hand before sending your paperwork to the Embassy:

Police Certificate (and a photocopy) - if you haven't ordered this already you need to get cracking - it can take 40 days to be issued

Birth Certificate (and a photocopy)

Divorce papers (if applicable)

I-34 Affidavit of Support - preferably notarised by a US Attorney

A notarised copy of your fiance(e)'s last US Tax Return

An updated letter of intent to marry signed by your fiance(e)

The Embassy will not issue an appointment date until you have sent back the paperwork and signed the checklist confirming that you have all of the above to hand.

You will also need to take ongoing evidence of your relationship, photos, boarding passes, copies of travel itineraries, phone bills, emails etc - I wasn't asked for these at interview but it is a good idea to have them just in case.

thanks and this opens up opne more question! we are using my fiances dad as spobnsor of the affidavit of support, so would we fill in the forms and the sponsor co form and just ensure we have his tax returns for say the last 2-3 years to be safe? vmany thanks

Yes - I would take notarised copies of the last 3 years US Tax Returns for the co-sponsor just to be on the safe side. In addition your fiance(e)'s last tax return.

Always better to have something and not need it than vice versa.

When is your wedding date?

If I were you I would get home and start getting the paperwork sorted out ASAP particularly if you have a deadline for your wedding.

It took around six weeks from me sending in my paperwork and checklist to my interview date.

I arranged my medical as soon as I received the packet 3 from the Embassy - I think I got an appointment within 2 weeks.

Hopefully you'll get your visa well before your wedding date but you never can tell how long something like this will take, every case is different. I hope your plans are flexible.

Edited by Barbarella UK

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Got I551 Stamp :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How important are the tax returns?

my fiancee's parents have been doing hers for her (shes at school studying medicine)

Date I-129F Sent : 17th May 07

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 29th May 07

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10th October 07

Police Check Request Sent: 18th October 07

Date Package Received By NVC : 16th November 07

Date Package Left From NVC : 21st November 07

Police Check Received: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Sent from Consular: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Received: ???? Sent to Wrong Address (forms and medical already prepared, printed checklist online and returned)

Packet 3 Returned: 6th December 07

Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 7th December 07

Medical Exam London: 17th December 07

Interview Date: 2nd January 08 APPROVED!!! :-)

Fly to JFK: 16th January 08

Timeline

Medical dates can vary. Some members here have phoned and been given a date for the following week (like me!) others have had to wait a little while. It really depends on how busy they are.

Also, write your wedding date on the forms for P3, the embassy really does try to accommodate people and you might be lucky and get an interview sooner rather than later. Good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Mags

Timeline

our wedding date is 29th december! i think our plan is to have the forms posted to us tomorrow to the usa, then fill them in and post them straiight back along with the ds ones off the website. am i right i thinking that the items on the bottom of ds156k (including birth certificate and financial support) do need to be included even though it says not to include them on the covering letter? that part really onfuses me! i will ring in the morning about booking a medical and get an early flight! thank you all for your replies!

our wedding date is 29th december! i think our plan is to have the forms posted to us tomorrow to the usa, then fill them in and post them straiight back along with the ds ones off the website. am i right i thinking that the items on the bottom of ds156k (including birth certificate and financial support) do need to be included even though it says not to include them on the covering letter? that part really onfuses me! i will ring in the morning about booking a medical and get an early flight! thank you all for your replies!

Topharry:

You do not send the I-34 or birth certificate back to the Embassy with the other forms.

BUT you must sign off and return the checklist confirming that you have them (and Police Certificate, passport etc) to hand and ready for inspection at your interview.

You must send to the Embassy:

DS230 Part 1

DS156 - 2 copies - NEITHER to be signed (they are signed at the interview)

DS156K (signed) - This must be completed online and downloaded and printed out - a bar code will be generated on the bottom right corner above the photograph space

The checklist confirming that you have to hand the documents listed below

You must take with you to the interview:

Passport

2 passport photos

Birth Certificate and copy

Police Certificate and copy

I-34 notarised

Tax Returns for fiancee and co-sponsor

Updated Letter of Intent

Divorce/Adoption/Court Records etc - if applicable

Do not send the originals of Birth Certificate etc in case they get mislaid in the post. You present these documents in person at the Embassy.

Medical:

When you call Knightsbridge Doctors you need to give them the case reference number quoted on the letter received from the Embassy - should start LND

You also need to take with you to your medical your passport, a passport photograph, and your vaccination history - ask your GP for this before you attend the medical.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Got I551 Stamp :

Comments :

Tax transcripts are easy to order and are free. I believe they're actually preferred over copies of tax returns. They do not need to be notarised. I didn't think the I-134 had to be notaries either, but I'm doing an immigrant visa and using the I-864 which definitely doesn't get notarised.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

They are part of the supporting evidence for the I-134. People have been delayed in their approval for not providing them - despite what the instructions imply - so they are commonly brought to the interview.

Tax transcripts are preferred as they are copies of filed and approved tax returns, thus negating the real need for the W-2 to accompany the return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.